Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Yup, the Panasonic "Leica" 25mm/f1.4. It's very highly thought of - but it's bigger and more expensive than the also-excellent-but-not-quite-so-good 20mm/f1.7.

Still using my OM-D, when I have the opportunity.

Here are a few recent images taken with the OM-D EM-5 and 60 mm.

Last edited:
Exquisite images, as always Huw! Love the Shield Bug (if that is what it is!).
My husband has recently bought me the 60mm lens. Unfortunately life, and awful weather have got in the way so I haven't had a chance to use it properly yet. I was hoping for a sunny weekend, and a neck free from pain, but at the moment neither of those seem likely. Add to the mix a very poorly little dog, and I think photography will be taking a back seat again.
But I love looking at everyone's images and seeing what is possible with the OMD, and you always fill me with inspiration Huw!! Thank you for sharing.

Has anyone else had a problem with their OMD and Panasonic 20mm? I took it out for the first time last week and some of the images suffered from banding. Really gutted as it has spoilt some nice pictures. Is there anything that I can do?

Will post pictures later. The ISO was 800, but I was using the Dramatic Tone filter. I wonder whether that made the banding more noticeable?

Now I'm jealous so presume you mean the f/ 2.8 varieties. I'm not even 'properly' in here, I just have an OM-D sensor!

Thanks, I shouldn't have but done now :nuts:

Shrubmonkey did you have any issues with the 7-14mm? I Still want a good wide angle for my OMD

I can honestly say I didn't notice any, but I didn't really use the 7-14 that much.

Still using my OM-D, when I have the opportunity.

Here are a few recent images taken with the OM-D EM-5 and 60 mm.

Superb images there, looks a great lens (I've spent enough so no more lenses for me :) )

Exquisite images, as always Huw! Love the Shield Bug (if that is what it is!).
My husband has recently bought me the 60mm lens. Unfortunately life, and awful weather have got in the way so I haven't had a chance to use it properly yet. I was hoping for a sunny weekend, and a neck free from pain, but at the moment neither of those seem likely. Add to the mix a very poorly little dog, and I think photography will be taking a back seat again.
But I love looking at everyone's images and seeing what is possible with the OMD, and you always fill me with inspiration Huw!! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Marcia, that's very kind of you.
I know what you mean about the weather and general business getting in the way. I haven't had much time of late to even open the camera bag :)

Will post pictures later. The ISO was 800, but I was using the Dramatic Tone filter. I wonder whether that made the banding more noticeable?

I must admit that I never noticed the problem with my 20 mm when I had it. I sold it and bought the 25 mm which is a very nice lens but to be honest I'm not using it as much as I thought I would.
I suspect the dramatic tone filter will have the effect of emphasising any banding.

Superb images there, looks a great lens (I've spent enough so no more lenses for me :) )

Thanks Julian, yes the 60 mm is a good one (y)

Last edited:
Got my omd back after a repair and glad to have it back.

Here's a couple fom me with the panny 25 1.4

8752465045_86130d2b61_c.jpg
[/url] 1BCE0E12-6503-448A-AF47-3AAED924D7F8 by Thunderbird_010, on Flickr[/IMG]

8753587520_caf8849700_c.jpg
[/url] Swan at Moses Gate Country Park by Thunderbird_010, on Flickr[/IMG]

Andy

Sad to see this has slipped down to page 8 of the equipment section :(

Are people still using their OMDs?
Hi Alan, I see you are back in the fold :p

Still using mine, just don't get as much time to come onto the forum as I used to, but glad the grey, old winter is over for photographing.

Here's a couple taken recently on my boat down at Essex Marina. Taken within 6 minutes of each other, and very different light :-
8723493098_f29fa01904_b.jpg

8720726094_70fcd7429b_b.jpg

and another one from the daytime down at the Marina - two angels flying down to earth ;)

8725790116_585318719f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Julian.

Will have to check as I have 2 different versions but sure this one was straight OOC.

Andy

As always it's a real pleasure to check in on the thread and see all of the beautiful images which are continually added.

My 0MD and I have been inseparable since I bought it and it has exceeded all expectations, and of course it makes my life manageable due to the size and weight. The lenses are all wonderful as well. The 35 to 100 has earned its keep, and is my bedrock lens for portraiture. I also like using it as a walkabout lens at local events: http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/blog/amberley-home-guard-event/

The 40-150 and 100-300 are terrific recreational lenses: http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/pets/birds-at-busbridge-lakes-surrey/

As always it's a real pleasure to check in on the thread and see all of the beautiful images which are continually added.

My 0MD and I have been inseparable since I bought it and it has exceeded all expectations, and of course it makes my life manageable due to the size and weight. The lenses are all wonderful as well. The 35 to 100 has earned its keep, and is my bedrock lens for portraiture. I also like using it as a walkabout lens at local events: http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/blog/amberley-home-guard-event/

The 40-150 and 100-300 are terrific recreational lenses: http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/pets/birds-at-busbridge-lakes-surrey/

Lovely images from Amberley, took my girls here 2 weeks ago, such a great photographic location.

Got my 12-35 and 35-100 lenses in the last week or so, stunning, I'm not a prime person anymore, apart from Oly 45mm :)

Wow Lindsay - two lovely sets.

Both lenses look very sharp - especially impressed with to 40-150R as it is so cheap!

Have you added the vignette to most of the busbridge shots or is that a characteristic of the cheaper lens?

The peacock is stunning - especially the blue. The old guy with the motorbike reminds me of my grandad.

The dressing up gives me the creeps a little :shrug:

12-35 and 70-100 looks like an awesome combo Julian (y)

Thanks Alan - the Busbridge shots had the exposure dropped quite a bit to take away the look of the harsh blinding sun (I know, we should be thankful for it!). The 40-150 doesn't seem to vignette (unlike the PL25 which is the worst vignetter ever).

As Alan says Lindsay, two lovely sets!
The set from Amberley were stunning, and I almost felt transported to the 1940's! That 35-100mm lens is excellent. but like all lenses, has to be in the hands of a natural photographer which you most certainly are!:)
Thank you for sharing with us!

Thank you Marcia, what a lovely compliment. The lens is indeed a pleasure to use. I have always been a long lens person and have never been able to "see" at focal lengths below 50 mm. I will quite happily to street photography at 200 mm or longer - in fact I think it's a very interesting exercise to repeatedly photograph the same subject or locality with different lenses.

Some recent shots from me (first 3 with 100-300)

First one with 35-100

Nice shots but I'm not sure about the first one. I like using an angle/tilt on the camera on portraits and architecture but not sure it works with water and boats, it looks a bit too unnatural with a water line to me.

Nice shots but I'm not sure about the first one. I like using an angle/tilt on the camera on portraits and architecture but not sure it works with water and boats, it looks a bit too unnatural with a water line to me.

Agreed, all nice shots Julian
I actually like the 1st one - it is different and also makes my eyes go funny (y)

Thanks folks

For the first shot I had one non angled too, I personally preferred this one as I liked the more abstract look :)

Hello gang! :)

Hope you all have some bank holiday sun like I do here in Nottingham!

I am wondering what, if any import presets you all use when importing your images. I personally import my images from my OMD into Lightroom and a lot of people I read/hear saying they create import presets to do various things to the images upon import.

What I would like to know is do you use any presets, what do they do to your images and so on........

Trying to work out if I should be using some to help get the most from my OMD images.

Many thanks :)

I don't use presets, I treat each image individually and perform very little in Lightroom, most of my work is done in Photoshop.

One more I took at with the previous images, one of my fav's, taken with the 100-300 (amazing lens)

8812581751_147a69a393_c.jpg

On import I have it use my metadata preset containing all my copyright stuff etc. plus it resets the camera colour profile to the Huelight Colour profile for the E-M5. No development preset on import, each image is different and the Huelight profile is an excellent starting base.

I do most of my PP in LR, very little beyond that.

Last edited:
Alan, what are you like !!

:cool::LOL::clap:(y)

It's an illness Lindsay :LOL:

I don't like leaving things laying around going to waste - if I don't use something for 2 weeks it generally gets sold.

The problem is if you take the original cost, factor in the loss when I sell it and then the cost of re-buying a few months down the line, I may as well have just left it in the cupboard.

It costs me more to sell and re-buy than just the depreciation of it sitting unused :bang:

The reason why I have had 3x GX1s, 2x OMDs, 4x Xbox 360s, 3x PS3s, 2x 7Ds, 4x 20mm Pancakes, 3x 14mm Pancakes, 2x Samyang Fisheyes, 2x 45mms etcetera etcetera

Alan I'm hoping that's mostly hyperbole : but FOUR 20mm lenses?
Here's me with seven, eight maybe m4/3rds bodies, all doing a slightly different things and all bought cheaply ... but I'm angsting about having two of the Lumix 14-45 lenses hanging around.
I just cannot be bothered to SELL.

Nice shots Les, Huw, Andy, Glenn and all.

Just bought another OMD :)

Well done that man :clap:
Still lov'in mine (when I get a chance to use it).

Here's a couple from Monday....

On the look out

A close shave

Here's me with seven, eight maybe m4/3rds bodies, all doing a slightly different things and all bought cheaply ... but I'm angsting about having two of the Lumix 14-45 lenses hanging around.

I have a problem resisting cheap lenses at the moment. I ended up with five similar but slightly different 50mm's but I made myself feel slightly better by giving one to my sister and now I only have four. I have two 135mm's and two 28mm's and have just ordered another. These lenses are so cheap it'd be rude not to buy them.

I still only have the one MFT camera though, a G1 I bought used.

Unfortunately (and embarassingly) it is all totally true - I had one originally with the GF1 way back when, then sold it all off when I decided m43 wasn't for me, and have re-bought (and then subsequently sold) another 20mm each time I went back to m43.

As of this month, I have just finished re-buying exactly the same set of m43 bodies and lenses that I had late last year but sold at Xmas when I decided to go with the RX100 only.

The only thing in my defence is that at least I never owned multiple copies of the same thing at the same time - why on earth do you need TWO 14-45s at the same time - that's just silly :eek:

You couldn't make this stuff up :shrug:

What are you like Alan!! ;)
I shall remind you of this part of the thread when you decide to go Fuji in 6 months time!! :)
However, from what I have seen, it doesn't matter what system you use Alan, you produce wonderful images, which proves that it isn't the gear but the skill of the photographer!

Aha! All is forgiven. :D

I also own two e-pL1 but in fairness one was for a donor body for one of my projects.

:):):):)

What are you like Alan!! ;)
I shall remind you of this part of the thread when you decide to go Fuji in 6 months time!! :)
However, from what I have seen, it doesn't matter what system you use Alan, you produce wonderful images, which proves that it isn't the gear but the skill of the photographer!

Thanks very much Marcia :)

Having held out for yonks now waiting for the E-P5 upgrade for my E-P3 I've done a complete about face and decided to go for an E-M5 after all. I could have done it months ago :bang:

And, it must be a jolly good little camera because I've popped wanted ads everywhere and nobody is selling.

Last edited:
Having held out for yonks now waiting for the E-P5 upgrade for my E-P3 I've done a complete about face and decided to go for an E-M5 after all. I could have done it months ago :bang:

And, it must be a jolly good little camera because I've popped wanted ads everywhere and nobody is selling.

Congrats

I was surprised how few there were on eBay and the forums too.

Back