OptimusBri's self portrait 365

123/365

4575472458_6eae401069.jpg

Natural light from my bedroom window again. For the past 4 shots I've just been messing around with more fashion type stuff, and I thought why not try out some ideas and incorporate some shots that were a bit more fashion orientated in my project. I'm definitely no model but it's rather fun dressing up in all the random things I find in my room and putting on extravagant makeup haha :)

One more photo in the comments on my Flickr account.

120: Great use of colour and even though your top isnt blue, it still works well!
121: Very clever, i think the eye make up really finishes it off (though i had to pick up my laptop and turn it upside down to see)
122: Certainly different, but your chest and shoulders are (at least on my screen) a little light? the yellow and black is a good contrast, if im being really picky (which you have to be to find fault with your shots) theres a little bit of top showing under the O in photography of your watermark
123: Is my favourite of these, i love the catchlight in your eyes and the tissue paper is a great prop!

120: Great use of colour and even though your top isnt blue, it still works well!
121: Very clever, i think the eye make up really finishes it off (though i had to pick up my laptop and turn it upside down to see)
122: Certainly different, but your chest and shoulders are (at least on my screen) a little light? the yellow and black is a good contrast, if im being really picky (which you have to be to find fault with your shots) theres a little bit of top showing under the O in photography of your watermark
123: Is my favourite of these, i love the catchlight in your eyes and the tissue paper is a great prop!

Thanks for the comments Peter :)
My shoulders on 122 look fine on my screen I think, and I didn't notice that bit of my top, damn! Thanks for pointing it out, I'll have to quickly edit it out later I think.

123 is really striking, one of the best so far...

love the extreme make-up on 120 and 122, your eyes really are striking on these shots

may not be prefect but it still stands up. this thread is so fine...

I tried to do a self portrait early today and ended up deleting every image. Then I came across your amazing thread. Heaps of imagination and every shot crisp. Keep going!

I tried to do a self portrait early today and ended up deleting every image. Then I came across your amazing thread. Heaps of imagination and every shot crisp. Keep going!

Aw thank you, that means a lot :)

Well, I don't feel that I have had a good image every day, I love some and hate others, but I know that I am constantly improving. Just keep pursuing it until you get it right :) you can learn from your mistakes.

love 125 briony, simple and smiling.. very nice... not you being simple of course, but the composition!! :D

I prefer the red top on that shot too, makes the blue make up and your eyes pop from the photo

i really like 126. colour and composition are great...

127/365

4608318803_96b669f366.jpg

My idea for this one was basically that anyone can hide behind a mask that they create. No matter how nice or innocent someone might seem on the outside, you never really know what they're like.

By the way, you'll be seeing a lot of shots from my room as the weather was rubbish and I was feeling rather uninspired, so I didn't really go out a lot!

128/365

4608954882_8aed645028.jpg

Okay, so it's a rubbish photo I know, so just kind of ignore this one :) I was in Sheffield, didn't feel too well, and had about 2 minutes to take a photo...

So, first off, a big apology for not uploading my photos for ages! I have still been taking the shots, I've just either been too busy or too lazy to edit and upload them this past week and a half...However, I am slowly working my way through them at the moment. I may not be able to get them all done today as I have to go out in a couple of hours, but I'll do as many as I can, and finish the rest tomorrow.

Last edited:
127 is a beauty, follows on nicely from 126 which was so good. really like the processing...

128 might be rushed but its not rubbish. its a self-portrait, its got good focus, nice use of dof so it stands up...

135/365

4633258952_be281d8956.jpg

136/365

4633292376_73d0a07003.jpg

137/365

4632744757_33a6e08024.jpg

Apologies again for such a huge gap in my uploads...It has been my last week or so of Uni, so I didn't put much time or effort into my 365 photos as I wanted to spend time with my friends, but I don't regret that one bit.

However, this means I now have a lot of photos to still edit and upload, but I am hoping to get them all up by the end of this evening. I am back home now and am ready to put lots of effort back in to my 365. I have 5 more photos (including today's) to edit and upload, then I will be up to date, and I am determined to do that before I go to bed. I hate getting behind with things!

great catch up briony.. like the idea of the box one.. think my favourite is 136, beautiful.. hard to pick though :)

Thank you Michelle :)

138/365

4633425178_afdc16550f.jpg

139/365

4632869361_9d1897d747.jpg

140/365

4633487642_936fb2cfb5.jpg

141/365

4633516236_aeb3ea6c0d.jpg

142/365

4633550958_e72c714cff.jpg

On the day that this last shot was meant to be taken (yesterday), I was so busy that I didn't have any time to take photos! I got up early at Uni, rushed around trying to clean our tip of a kitchen, and packing all mine and my friend's belongings in to my Dad's van. After a 2 hour drive home, I quickly had lunch, packed an overnight bag and met my friends where we drove to Doncaster to a gig to see Pendulum! So I took this shot today instead :)

The light rays and flare are real, and there was hardly any editing on this shot so I'm rather pleased with it! The weather today was boiling, and when the sun was setting in the evening it was gorgeous.

I have one more photo to edit (today's photo) and upload, then I will be fully up to date (yay!), but I think I am going to leave that until tomorrow, as I took over 100 shots and I love so many of them, so I will be editing tons of them!

143/365

4634739563_106c1ef117.jpg

I absolutely loved my shoot last night. The light was beautiful, it was warm, the fields looked amazing. Again, very little editing at all on this. I'm really pleased with it!

If you didn't see my post on my earlier photographs - Apologies again for such a huge gap in my uploads...It has been my last week or so of Uni, so I didn't put much time or effort into my 365 photos as I wanted to spend time with my friends, and I don't regret that one bit.

However, this meant that I had tons of photos to edit and upload, which is why I uploaded so many yesterday! But now, I am completely up to date with my 365 project, yay!

So many of these stand out its going to be hard to pick out my favourites!

I love the expression in 129 and the simplicity of 131
Well done on the PP in 123, thats ver fancy indeed
134 + 136 are my favourites. 134 i cant put my finger on why, 136, those eyes!!
139 + 142 stand out, the first is quite an unusual shot, i like it, the latter looks very dreamy
143 works really well, and the flare adds to it, it seems to be following the path. I love the colours
144, when compared to the last 3 seems quite dull. It doesnt have the same light, airy feel to it, so for me this isnt one of your best

Keep up the great work Briony!

Loving them all Briony :)

Hey,

I keep commenting on Flickr so I thought I'd have a comment on here too. :)

133 is (y) plus 134 shows masses of emotion which is ace. I also love the black and white and contrast in 137. 139 is one of those photos you stare at for ages. <- which is a good thing! :D And 143 is also brill. Nice light and scenery.

Keep up the great work! (y)

So many of these stand out its going to be hard to pick out my favourites!

I love the expression in 129 and the simplicity of 131
Well done on the PP in 123, thats ver fancy indeed
134 + 136 are my favourites. 134 i cant put my finger on why, 136, those eyes!!
139 + 142 stand out, the first is quite an unusual shot, i like it, the latter looks very dreamy
143 works really well, and the flare adds to it, it seems to be following the path. I love the colours
144, when compared to the last 3 seems quite dull. It doesnt have the same light, airy feel to it, so for me this isnt one of your best

Keep up the great work Briony!

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I appreciate it :)

I love your style of editing, How did you go about 127/265, think it looks superb!!

Your doing an excellent job, will be visiting back to this thread a lot more :)

Thanks Stephen, glad you like my work. For 127, I did quite a lot of editing. The original image was quite dark, then whilst post processing I think (trying to remember what I did haha) that I lightened the image slightly, put a black and white layer on it but lowered the opacity a bit, added a filter and just messed about with the colours a bit.

Loving them all Briony :)

Thank you :)

Hey,

I keep commenting on Flickr so I thought I'd have a comment on here too. :)

133 is (y) plus 134 shows masses of emotion which is ace. I also love the black and white and contrast in 137. 139 is one of those photos you stare at for ages. <- which is a good thing! :D And 143 is also brill. Nice light and scenery.

Keep up the great work! (y)

Cheers Toby :) thanks for the comments!

Dam briony... Today's is good, and when I'm mean good, I'm mean bloody excellent.

This is my favourite of yours so far. Just the textures, central composition, foreground interest, background interest, the leading line of flattened plants, and the awesome pose is the icing on this massive out of this world cake.

Oh... And it's black and White, that's always a winner for me.

:D

I like this picture by the way...:LOL:

Last edited:
Agreed with above... beautiful!! Love the depth of field in it, and the pose suits it soo well. Top class!

Im sure I recognise where 144 is... then again there is paths and fences in most places...!

Back