OptimusBri's self portrait 365

As people have said, day 149's photo is excellent, I really like the idea and it worked very well. I like the idea of a 'mini series' within a 365 and a hands theme could work very well, lots of potential ideas!

Congratulations on the job! I've been home from uni over 2 weeks and applied to so many places for a summer job, but no luck yet. Looks like no camera upgrade for me any time soon!

Thanks! :) Yeh, I hope to start the mini series of hands soon when I actually have some spare time haha.

173/365

4725179208_1a61f03f96.jpg

Same setup as yesterday (- on a bed, natural light, tripod on a chest of drawers above and to the side of me) but a completely different mood.This is the third photo in a row that I'm really pleased with, yay! :D

Really well exposed Briony. (y)

kind of brings back memories of my youth :naughty:

Some more great shots with 173 being the best - superb!

Phil

ok, trying to catch up here ;o) its getting difficult to keep track of all the bulk uploads nowadays...

i love 163, nice composition and dof...171 is outstanding, 172 is outstanding in a different way. i keep looking at these and trying to decide which one i like the most. excellent work!

Wow, Some nice stuff going on here! I'm still slowly watching all the 365's! Honest!

172 is ace! Very creative! :)

My wife is a bit concerned as I have just ordered a large canvas print of 173 to hang in the front room. I find it a very sensual image!

Only joking about the canvas print! :naughty:

My wife is a bit concerned as I have just ordered a large canvas print of 173 to hang in the front room. I find it a very sensual image!

Only joking about the canvas print! :naughty:

are they available .............................................

Some great shots here Bri, just had a catch up....I know what you mean about processing....I have time to take the shot but to get it online...that is a different story! Keep it up your doing really well.

Roo

Hello everyone!
(Bill - tell me about it haha!)

So sorry I haven't posted in an absolute age, I have an explanation for you all!
I know it's been a good month or so since I posted this last self portrait , and that's because I have decided to end my 365 project... It was brilliant while it lasted but I got to the point where I was really struggling, I couldn't pick myself up from it and it wasn't benefitting me at all any more. There were times when I wasn't doing too well with it before but I always worked through it and it turned out fine, but this time I am 100% sure I made the right decision to stop it. I managed almost 200 days and I love some of the photos I took, so I don't feel like I have failed in the slightest. I know I've improved by miles since beginning it, and I'm really pleased :) After stopping my 365 project I took a bit of a break from taking photos as this had run me down a bit, but I'm back now and I'll have more work coming soon! (No self portraits for a while though I think haha)

I did actually do 5 more self portraits after the last one I posted on here before I decided to stop the project, I was just too lazy to post them up here I think! So if you want to see the last 5 ones they are up on my Flickr account

On another note, I hope everyone else's projects are going really well and at some point this week I will have a huuuuge catch up with them all! :D

sorry to hear you are stopping. i checked out your flickr page the other day to see if you had posted anything recently and i must say i am really impressed with your self portrait work. i will keep an eye on your work through flickr, i must go through and 'fave' my favourites...

Hi Bri, I just found this thread and have gone through each page, what a great project. I think you are wonderful, and your images are fantastic. I look forward to seeing your future work on your flickr stream, you have given me loads of ideas for images, and for that I thank for you sharing yourself for 200 days - awesome work girl!

Just been sat here since 3 looking through all the pages!! Brillaint work, shame it has ended, but to take 173 shots is quite impressive. Well done!! maybe a 52 next year?

Back