weekly Orbik's 52wk Challenge 2013

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All
I am a newbie to photography, I got a camera for Christmas, found this forum which is full of inspiring ideas. I love the idea of these challenges so thought I would join in the fun and games.
Comments & Criticism would be very welcome.

Wk1
Wk1_-_Sin_-_Choclate.jpg

Wk1_-_Sin_-_Choclate_11.jpg

Last edited:
Great start Chris - good simple subject, but well composed. Strong diagonals, lovely use of DOF and really nice water droplets(?) all over.

Think the B&W really adds to it too.

Hi Chris -

#1 - good clear focus thro the central area and good layout. Don't think that the drops add anything either to the pic or the theme. Needs a slight shift clockwise.

#2 - the better for me. The bites emphasise the sin of eating it and you have got really sharp focus on that part. Also it is straighter. But the bit standing up draws the eye and the one sees that it is oof. So would remove that or lay it down

Both might look well in a good satuturated colour

Good start (y) - now look forward to tomorrow. :bang:

Cheers for the comments guys, I agree with all thats been said and can see it now its been pointed out, I Will have to think more about the shots I take.
Unfortuantly with the drops I sprayed the bar too early when shooting and it left water marks all over it when it dried, Which left me with only one option, Eat it :)
Lets pretend the droplets represent my tears as eating this 1kg bar of chocolate isnt going to do my waist line any good.

Last edited:
Quite like both of these. # for its simplicity and detail and #2 for the bite. Not sure the wedge of chocolate adds anything.

Good start.

Cheers.

cant add anything to what has already been said the B+W has worked really well with it

hi Chris & welcome aboard :wave:

Like both shots...not sure about the tears but hey...doesn't detract from the image for me , like the angle on boht plus the texture looks really good & sharp in the 2nd image (y)

For me...needs to be color

Thanks everyone for taking time to comment and advise. It is very much appreciated.
Now on to week 2, I like this 52wk Challenge idea.

Second shot is a real winner for me. Almost making my mouth water!

The way you've caught the crumbling centre is great. Really sharp!

Not sure I get the idea of chocolate sprinkled with water... Natural produce , etc, sure... But chocolate? Good shots though, I like the processing a lot. I particularly like the second shot... the texture inside is great.

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.

I much prefer the second image, I don't think the water drops add anything and they are too small to pass and well spread out for tears.

I do like the second image, but I think chocolate is fair more appealing when in colour. I like the angle and don't mind the chunk being in the foreground, but as a general rule, it's better to have anything in the foreground in focus as it tends to be the first thing you see. I find it hard to draw my eye away from it.

I hope this helps, looking forward to seeing how you progress. Now, I'm off to raid the chocolate cupboard - it's your fault.
:)

Back