Daily Origins' First Ever 365 (2013) Up to Day 160

Good luck with your 365, I have a feeling it isn't going to be easy for a lot of us.
The writing on your glass seems to be slightly out of focus, too much of the contents on NYE? ;)

Thanks guys, I know it is going to be a big challenge and I know I will struggle at times, but hopefully this time next year I will have a big grin on my face!

Looking at the focus on the glass, I can't believe I didn't spot that it was off, will be trying harder! With regards to the light, it is actually a candle that was on a clear glass table, it was pretty last minute as I only really decided to start this about halfway through the day...

On to todays shot.

January 02, 2013-2_365
by UKOrigin, on Flickr

I'm guessing you lit from behind the plant post with a torch or the like but it works well (y)

Thanks, actually it was my mobile that I used as I managed to leave my torch "on" face down on the desk all day :bonk: so charging it back up overnight to go back in the bag tomorrow.

Like both shots :) As already said the focus is off a bit on No. 1 but you know that already - otherwise a great start :) Will be popping in :)

Last edited:
agree with Matt about the top and bottom ..... beautiful colours :)

Oh that I like, I love the iridescent nature of the apple, but I'd personally crop out the dark top and bottom :thinking:

Matt

I tried in LR, but everytime I get those bits I keep chopping the sides of the apple too. Looks like it is keeping aspect ratio, and I am probably missing a tick box or something! May replace it with an edited version soon.

now that is much nicer :)

The edit is better and I like the colours. You can unlock the aspect ratio in LR and just resize as you want - I sometimes do that if a set ratio just doesn't quite work.

Oh wow!!!..... Love love love! Super shots well done

Hi Origin, as with others loving the apple, great shot! Set yourself a tough gig to follow!

Well, I am already starting to feel a little overwhelmed, especially with the kind comments on the photos so far. Today is a little different, straight from work and out for some beers with a friend for his birthday so this one was on the way home about half an hour ago! Exif is wrong as it is not my normal camera, I borrowed it from someone (Lumix FS16 which has the wrong date on it!)

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/67223829@N06/8347827898/]
January 04, 2013-4_365
by UKOrigin, on Flickr[/URL]

There are going to be days that make us fret!.... this is great tho...(y)

Good start. Best of the bunch so far is definitely the second shot of the apple. Keep it up!

Great shots so far Chris - keep it up :)

great idea to light the eyes ...the colours of the mask are fab too

It looks like a Carnival mask to me, I think it's good to have a theme for a while, helps concentrate the mind a bit.

Back