Daily Origins' First Ever 365 (2013) Up to Day 160

Love the detail in the glass and have to agree a bit that the crop might be a bit tight but great shot anyway :)

Oh I really like the look of that :D is this shot on a screen, looks like pixels at the bottom of frame?? also have you done some cloning in the top left, I do think it would have been good to have just a little bit of room at the top of frame it just a little too tight :thinking:

Love the detail in the glass and have to agree a bit that the crop might be a bit tight but great shot anyway :)

Oh I really like the look of that :D is this shot on a screen, looks like pixels at the bottom of frame?? also have you done some cloning in the top left, I do think it would have been good to have just a little bit of room at the top of frame it just a little too tight :thinking:

Yes, I was trying to clone out the black edges from where I ran out of tablet (that's the screen these are on) and hence the tight cloning.

Original here

January 06, 2013-6_365_original
by UKOrigin, on Flickr

beautiful :) is it a stopper from a decanter?

That looks really hard to shoot and control the highlights so, nice work looks really good ;)

Nice! I really like your crystal/glass shots. Going to have to try something like this.

I prefer the original of the swans, as it leaves them more headroom.

The light through glass is an awfully good idea.

that texture really works

Thank you, it's shot on top of a black hoody!

That looks really hard to shoot and control the highlights so, nice work looks really good ;)

I played around with several exposures and shutter times until I found the one I liked best

Very abstract but at the same time very effective (y) I'm hoping to get some abstact light photo's in over this years challenge (y)

I'm liking the "light" stuff I have been doing, I think I will try and do some themed weeks and will probably come back to light again. After seeing some of your tutorials I am going to try so trails on a couple of bridges nearby, but am waiting for a friend of mine to "get" me a hi-vis of some sort, he reckons he can get me a body-warmer one which would be nice.

Nice! I really like your crystal/glass shots. Going to have to try something like this.

Thanks, I have literally just been picking random ornaments in the house, going to start running out of things there, so might have to go to some charity shops or start borrowing things I like the look of from friends.

I prefer the original of the swans, as it leaves them more headroom.

The light through glass is an awfully good idea.

Thank you, I think I do too, except for the slight black "borders". I am going to reshoot the swans from a slightly different angle and try and get rid of the black borders, but I have been using a tablet to get the light from using the torch function on the screen. It will be more for personal satisfaction as I am already taking on board the feedback and seeing what I can be doing better.

Some interesting work so far - I think the first one is great - the focus (by accident or intentional) on the reflection rather than the glass itself works well. And the swans edit much better without the tight crop at the top.

Cheers

Thank you :) It's a Galileo Thermometer, the glass tubes with the weighted bubbles in them.

Ah yes, I can see that now, I guessed it was a thermometer of some sort because of the numbers :)

Agreed, I like these things. Might have to get one at some point. Well photographed :)

Tricky with the glass and the light but handled well!

Agreed, I like these things. Might have to get one at some point. Well photographed :)

Thank you for the compliments, they are appreciated.

Todays picture, again with some light, glass and my Raynox DCR-250. I've been thinking again and I am probably going to make my weeks, ending Sundays and starting on Mondays which should make it easier for me to follow theme weeks. The way the month started on a Tuesday keeps throwing me off :bonk:

January 09, 2013-9_365
by UKOrigin, on Flickr

Nice bright abstract, but I really have no idea what this one is :LOL:

Purple - my fav colour - but what is it?

The next one - great abstract but again I'm wondering what it is?!

Purple - my fav colour - but what is it?

The next one - great abstract but again I'm wondering what it is?!

The purple one is a little glass cup type thing and the second one is a wood carving from a tree trunk :) I might pop up some full size images of all the abstract ones at the end of the week.

doing great with the macro setup Chris - Beautiful shot - hopefully mine will be as sharp as that one day :)

Loving the wood for day 10, great colours and texture there (y) not so keen on today's would liked to have seen more colour varity in there, it has a feeling of only being the ones that no one likes left :cautious:

Loving the wood for day 10, great colours and texture there (y) not so keen on today's would liked to have seen more colour varity in there, it has a feeling of only being the ones that no one likes left :cautious:

Thanks Matt, was a little short on colours due to them being a tin of promo jelly beans, will probably try something similar with a "full" pack sometime.

Mmmmmmm jellybeans!!! Lovely and crisp :)

Thank you for the compliment.

Here is todays' picture, last one with the DCR-250 for a while, will have to find another theme / idea for tomorrow, hopefully it will stop raining long enough to get out a bit, or it could end up being some pictures of the do and cat for a week!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/67223829@N06/8373550530/]
January 12, 2013-12_365
by UKOrigin, on Flickr[/URL]

Back