overbez's 52 in 2023... Completed....

Fragile looks very ..fragile :) , lovely colours and lighting, Really like the edit and good to see the prep info

Thanks Keith. Light is just sunlight. I find one spot just sheltered enough from the wind. The sunlight turned the leaf into gold!

Distant is a great mono shot, really like it.
Fragile is a nice image and it does look very fragile to me.

Thanks Dave, very fragile and light enough to be caught by the slightest puff of wind. :)

The leaf is good, did you try focus stacking? as its an interesting subject
Distance is a nice conversion very contrasty

Both cracking shots Graham, but the leaf is outstanding!

Thank-you Simon

The leaf is good, did you try focus stacking? as its an interesting subject
Distance is a nice conversion very contrasty

Thanks Allan. I didn't try stacking here. The sunlight was in a very small area by an open door. It blew off the glass enough times as it was. I had the glass in one hand and camera in the other, so planned to use high shutter speed hence large aperture. Didn't have time for multiple shots this week either. (Hope that's enough excuses :D ).

Distant. Nice composition works well on what looks like a pretty drab day.
Fragile, lovely colour and dof. The reflection clinches it for me.

Two good shots Graham, the b&w works well for the Distance shot and I really like the DOF and lighting of the Fragile shot.

Sorry - weeks have slipped by!

Week 20 - Robust
Went with the definition of being able to withstand adverse conditions! This little chap on a recently repointed wall over a railway track in the New Forest. Wish I had the big camera with me.

Week 20 - Robust by Graham, on Flickr

Week 21 - Nearby
Was camping next to this creek in Hayling Island, The tide only came in for a short while each morning and evening. Processing may not be to everyone's taste.

Week 21 - Nearby by Graham, on Flickr

Week 21 - SOOC

And up to Week 22 - Irregular

Week 22 - Irregular by Graham, on Flickr

Only a desaturated SOOC as I want to avoid the inevitable ' I prefer the colour' comments.

Must try harder to keep up.

Last edited:
Nice set of pix there Graham :)

Robust fits the theme well.
Irregular, might look better in colour :exit: Seriously I like it.
Nearby for me is the outstanding shot, love the processing, somehow it has a american south feel to it. Great shot.

A very good catch up - three good images. I especially like Irregular.

Good set and catch up

robust - nice colours and well isolated on the wall and from the wall and the back ground
nearby - looks an interesting place, for me maybe a little dark
irregular - TBH might like it more if I knew what it was :)

Good catch up Graham.

Robust: Nice point of view and oof background makes the plant stand out, showing the habitat well.
Nearby: Lovely light and landscape.
Irregular: Like the textures and it looks good in black and white.

Thanks All. The Irregular shot is a piece of painted concrete, like you'd have atop a gate pillar for decoration. Only found it as I was trimming my hedge, and found it dumped at the bottom when my clipper hit the 2ft length of rebar in it.

I felt there was hint of the earth from space, or a globe with landmasses shown, and the hint of a face in the focal point!

Colour pull-back shot below, once I'd broken it up in order to dispose of.

Last edited:
Great set of catch-up images Graham, I like them all.

Thanks all - lacking inspiration for this week - until I had a little bit of a look under my sons' beds in view of maybe having a clear out... And found this lot stashed in an old school-bag!

Week 23 - Rubbish

Week 23 - Rubbish by Graham, on Flickr

Week 23 >>> SOOC <<<

Last edited:
Somebody has a sweet tooth and to be fair it was an uninspiring theme.

Wow.. that's a big stash! At least it's not thrown in the street :D

Hope he didn't eat all those in one sitting Graham. Reminds me of the mess I found when I converted my son's old bedroom into my office.

Thank-you all, appreciate the comments. I knew this would be tough, and I'm determined to hang in there! The Snapper's Choice is most welcome so let's just get Sound out of the way!

Week 24 - Sound
(...as a pound).

Week 24 - Sound by Graham, on Flickr

edit to add Week 24 - SOOC

Last edited:
That's pretty clever although I think you have spelt it incorrectly, I believe it is pronounced in East London as 'saand as a paand' :D :D :D

Last edited:
That's pretty clever although I think you have spelt it incorrectly, I believe it is pronounced in East London as 'saand as a paand' :D :D :D

Thanks Martin, was an easy way to ✅ the box. And it gets me to where I can try to get something I want for this week.

Good idea for the theme, agree with you about it being tough. I blame Cobra for the picking the themes to make it difficult and then he throws in a free choice week which makes it difficult to choose a subject. ;)

I have a lovely Australian Bottlebrush plant - I grew from seed and is now 6ft tall, (in around 15 years), beautiful flowers, but only for around a week. Even less it seems in the dry spell we are in.

Week 25 - Snapper's Choice

Week 25 - Snapper's Choice
by Graham, on Flickr

Week 25 - SOOC

Last edited:
Great take on the Sound theme Graham, I'm not so confident that the Canadian dollar is as sound as your pound...

Love the closeup of the ant on the bottlebrush stem. Great DOF and colour.

Sound is a great take on the theme, very well executed.
Snappers choice is just a burst of colour with the ant absolutely making the shot.

Lovely colour and detail. We seem to be plagued by ants this year but that one makes a great image.

Thank-you all for the comments. I wanted to use the bottlebrush, and when I saw the ants in it, I knew I had to have one! Was quite a game of patiently waiting, I even popped a bit of marmelade on the stalk.

Week 26 - Watching
Didn't excite me too much, so one from when I was sat in the car watching the rain.

Week 26 - Watching by Graham, on Flickr

And Week 27 - Torn

Week 27 - Torn by Graham, on Flickr

Week 27 SOOC

(And yes, the young, handsome chap is me, 20 years ago).

Last edited:
Watching is fitting for the theme but I’d be surprised to see a better image for “torn” by anyone this week.
Says so much, well done.

Back