overbez's 52 in 2023... Completed....

2 excellent images for the theme Graham.
The "torn" image tells such a story.

Watching is fitting for the theme but I’d be surprised to see a better image for “torn” by anyone this week.
Says so much, well done.

Thank-you Colin. Much appreciated.

2 excellent images for the theme Graham.
The "torn" image tells such a story.

Cheers Peter. There is a story that goes along with it. Hopefully nearing the end of another chapter, and looking promising for a happy ending. This was a well timed theme, there is sadness of course, but a bit of closure too.

Erk! Hopefully happier times ahead!

Love these two shot Graham.
I'm partial to the soft impressionistic look of the background in the Watching shot and the Torn shot creates a poignant story for the viewer. Really well done.

Quite like the watching shot though getting that view a lot over the last few days.
Torn shot works really well, great focus on the the couple, the torn picture and the ring just out of focus very thought provoking. Hope for a good outcome.

Adam, Bill, Keith... Thank-you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate this was a difficult one to comment on. As you have all so far sensed, it is more than just a photograph....

Last edited:
Watching. Ticks the box nicely
Torn. Very sad but you seem to be looking on the postive side which is good. A lovely story-filled shot.

Thank-you @HelenC . Appreciate the kind words.

I knew this wouldn't be easy, and seeing a couple of 'fallers' in recent weeks has reminded of how tough it can be! Something doesn't seem to want to let me stop though.

This little guy jumped onto the table as I was photographing a bike shock to put on ebay!

Week 28 - Unsightly

Week 28 - Unsightly
by Graham, on Flickr

Week 28 - SOOC

Nice grasshopper and a super simplistic and pretty shell :)

Very obliging grass hopper and like the different background colours

Also like the colours on the shell, was that shot taken on the beach the beach

Nice grasshopper and a super simplistic and pretty shell :)

Thanks Dave.
Very obliging grass hopper and like the different background colours

Also like the colours on the shell, was that shot taken on the beach the beach

Cheers Keith, he was! Just jumped onto the kitchen towel I had down. He sort of swayed side to side a bit and took a few steps every so often.

Glad you asked the question on the shell. I was playing on a pile of kiln dried sand on the dining room table.

Reactions: nog
Great insect capture, and a very pretty and nicely composed shell shot Graham

Catching up on my comments. Don't know where the time went...

Unsightly, I bet he's not so unsightly to Mrs. Grasshopper :D

Pretty, great find, love the tonality of the colour

Nice windows.

Aw, the dog looks so sad, I hope you took him home :)

Windows. Good pov makes an interesting shot.
Abandoned. Awww... really nicely composed and great dof. A story to be told. I do hope someone collects him!

Good catch up, had to Google the hanger as wondered what happened to the roof, didn’t expect it to have originally been canvas back in 1912.
Abandoned, certainly looks lost, nice focus and pov. Hopefully it was taken home later.

Thank-you Martin, Helen and Keith.

Don't worry, the dog is the first-loved teddy of my youngest, now nearly 18! There's no way he'd be left anywhere but I wanted to give the feeling of a favourite toy being forgotten in the woods...

Here's another...
DSC_3279-2 by Graham, on Flickr

The hangar was relocated from it's original position on the airport. I shot it 10 years ago and the office block above has been built in the meantime meaning the view of the sunset below no longer exists...

Week 36 - Curve by Graham, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reactions: nog
Some striking images, I followed the link from the window shot which think it great. I love the other view of the structure too.
Abandoned - great emotion, the dog looks so sad. It's certainly tells a story.

Last edited:
Interesting inclusion of the flowers through the wheel in 'Machine'.

Snappers -- quite a landscape there, looks peaceful.

Interesting inclusion of the flowers through the wheel in 'Machine'.

Snappers -- quite a landscape there, looks peaceful.

Thanks Martin. Machine was during a bike ride following a "disagreement" with my girlfriend. I'm sticking with this as it's documenting a difficult year for me and I'll certainly look back on it.

Durdle Door shot was taken right at last light. The SOOC is more accurate. First time in a long time I've been able to do what I want, when I want. I was the last person down there that night, and first person on the beach the next morning. Memories.

Good catch up. Bike shot is interesting, really like the wide angle of durdle door

@ShinySideUp Thanks for that Martin. I caught your reply and appreciate your thoughts.

Good catch up. Bike shot is interesting, really like the wide angle of durdle door

Thanks Keith. You'd think it would be impossible to take a bad shot somewhere like that... but, believe me, it is! I'm happy with that one though.. :D

@ShinySideUp Thanks for that Martin. I caught your reply and appreciate your thoughts.
I felt I ought to delete my remarks as in hindsight, I felt I might be interfering in something I know nothing about.

Great catch-up set Graham, I particularly like 34 and 35.

You got Durdle Door with no-one on the beach !!

Thank Alan - not quite. It was late, and dark, but there were still a few on the beach I had to clone out.

I know I was a few behind, and had a Saturday afternoon free, so I managed a wander round a local town and am caught up (again). :(

I've seen this view a few times, I wanted the rooftops and chimneys, and also someone has a few random ornaments in the garden...
Week 36 - Urban

Week 36 - Urban
by Graham, on Flickr

Week 36 >> SOOC <<

Spinning hollow brass cones... Kids seem to like them!
Week 37 - Hollow

Week 37 - Hollow
by Graham, on Flickr

Week 37 >> SOOC <<

12th Century church - after 850 years it looks pretty solid!

Week 38 - Solid
by Graham, on Flickr

Week 38 >> SOOC << (single shot as posted image was 9 shot panorama as I couldn;t get further back, and didn't bring the 10-20mm lens)

Depending on what the theme is this week, I might get it in on time...

Week 39 - Gates

On an overseas work trip... few memories here. Like mis-timing my approach to the gates, (whilst I had a beer), and finding out Gate 1 was a 16 minute walk away, and closes in 10 minutes!! (I made it).

Week 39 - Gates by Graham, on Flickr

Last edited:
Urban- that's different, like the flying fish. Assume it is a composite
Solid Church, processing suits it and certainly looks solid. Not many/any of today's modern buildings will be around in 800 years.
I share your memory of gates and running, only missed one flight so far though

urban - striking image that fish really stands out, I love the way the sun in in it's face.
hollow - I can see why the kids like them, I bet their make a great noise
solid - bang on the theme and works well in mono
gates - great idea. Makes me want another holiday though.

Thanks Keith @nog and Nicky @n1kcy .

The fish is real! There's a lot more strange things hanging around that garden, and the sun catching it's face I also liked.

Gates was a convenient theme, I didn't really have the confidence to get the big camera out so just a quick snap. But the memory will remain.

Nice theme for this week, many memories have been captured in the 52 so far. Lots of memories from my shirt trip to Sicily. A pre-sunrise swim in the sea with the big boss of our supplier will never be forgotten. Nor the beautiful sunrise through Cyclops Bay.

Week 40 - Memory

Week 40 - Memory
by Graham, on Flickr

Back