overbez's 52 in 2023... Completed....

Nicely composed - I find my eye resting on the chosen flower so don't find the foreground too distracting. Beautiful colour.

Two great weeks Graham
Tunnel: I agree with Dave, I think that the cropped shot is stronger
Spring: great use of DOF and foreground interest

Nice bright image says spring to me, as mentioned above good DoF

Good focus on your chosen daff & nice and bright scene for spring. Coming to an end now for the daffs, tulip time :)

@Gav-canon . Thanks Gav. That's Maple and she's well used to posing for photos for me.

I believe it is a Peace Lily too. Lit just by 2 flashes. One in a big umbrella softbox and one for the BG, which is a green wall but with flash aimed to give a brighter area behind the flower.

Great pooch pic :)

And a lovely flower thingie too! Love how the pointy thing on top is pointing into the empty space :)

Lovely dog and picture, love the editing and link to unedited shot.

Nice shot of the lily, looks a nice simple shot but probably took more to get than the shot of Maple

Ditto what Fuji Dave said. Both great shots, but the lighting on the dog is beautiful, as is the dog too :)

Two great shots Graham.

The "smooth" shot is really good. I always find it difficult to get a good shot of white subjects with so little contrast. You've done an outstanding job.
The "snapper" shot brought a tear to my eye, we just lost our little guy and it made me think of him.

Great pooch pic :)

And a lovely flower thingie too! Love how the pointy thing on top is pointing into the empty space :)

Thanks Dave, I did try a portrait but my camera didn't like being in the tripod that way. I might need an l bracket or something. It was actually taken pointing the other way but I flipped it.

Lovely dog and picture, love the editing and link to unedited shot.

Nice shot of the lily, looks a nice simple shot but probably took more to get than the shot of Maple

Thanks Keith. I like the unedited shot to compare. Maple is beautiful, and in good light is hard to take a bad picture of. The lily took a bit of time, balancing the power and aim of the two flashes for subject and background.

Love them both, but the dog shot is a cracker.

Thanks Dave. I do need a new print and this pose echoes one of my favorites of my previous dog.

Ditto what Fuji Dave said. Both great shots, but the lighting on the dog is beautiful, as is the dog too :)

Thanks Nicky.

Great images . Love the lily.

Cheers Simon.

Two great shots Graham.

The "smooth" shot is really good. I always find it difficult to get a good shot of white subjects with so little contrast. You've done an outstanding job.
The "snapper" shot brought a tear to my eye, we just lost our little guy and it made me think of him.

Thanks Bill. Think you've swapped the weeks round. Maple is smooth.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs do have far too short a life, but they manage to cram so much and so many memories into it. Hope you have plenty of memories of your little friend.

Thanks Graham, I have many, many images that I took over the past 11 years. Losing him is heartrending but I celebrate everything he gave my family over that time.

Lovely dog Graham the tones of the heather? really work with the colouring of the dog.
The peace lily, good technical shot and a strong composition.

Lovely looking Dog, he's enjoying the sun.
The flower works really well, nice muted palette.

Pete

Two lovely images, particularly the lily. I like the way the colour fades and the off centre composition.

A fun little picture. The elephant at far left seems to have muddy feet.

Little known fact, not only are elephants the only animal with four knees but they can't jump either; just thought I'd put that in :D

I like the off centre compostion and the use of shadow. Nice one.

Thanks everyone - important things to me were the composition, with the rearmost elephants being offset to those at the front, and the soft shadows.

Week 17 - Liquid

Opportunity to try water droplets for the first time... Not that difficult, but not that easy at the same time! Apologies for another white image.

Week 17 - Liquid by Graham, on Flickr

Unedited shot >>> Week 17 SOOC <<<

Last edited:
Lovely high key shot and well captured. Looks like a mini monster!

@Gav-canon , @Peter123, @nog , @HelenC

Thank-you all for comments on the water drop. I'm afraid last week got away from me... so distant is a phone pic from a drizzly Lepe beach, with a distant Lee on Solent just visible on the horizon.

Week 18 - Distant

Week 18 - Distant by Graham, on Flickr

I have made an effort to have a quick edit in LR, so here is the unedited. >>> Week 18 SOOC <<<

And Week 19 - Fragile

Week 19 - Fragile
by Graham, on Flickr

>>> Week 19 SOOC <<<

Last edited:
Distant works very well in mono, like the minimalist feel about it, but fragile is something special, very well lit, like the focus point and the reflection really adds to it.

Thanks all, happy to admit that distant simply ticked the box.

Fragile, I found a dried ivy leaf in the garden, boiled it for a bit and rubbed away the leaf with a soft brush and dried it out.

I placed it on a sheet of glass, held in one hand and camera in other. Moved around to find the sunlight and reflection.

Thanks again!

Fragile looks very ..fragile :) , lovely colours and lighting, Really like the edit and good to see the prep info

Back