weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Hi Dave

Great image of a topical problem these days, see these masks discarded every where. Nice bold colour and good use of diagonals.

Pete

Hi Dave,

Wet - Nice silky waterfall. Is that one of those composite shot long exposure things? As the image itself doesn't have a shutterspeed in the exif.
Topical - You see a lot of that about. Not much to comment about for the shot really, except that using the diagonals works.

Hi Dave,

Wet - Nice silky waterfall. Is that one of those composite shot long exposure things? As the image itself doesn't have a shutterspeed in the exif.
Topical - You see a lot of that about. Not much to comment about for the shot really, except that using the diagonals works.

Thanks Tim - yes the waterfall is a set of 5 blended.

Right on topic. Good composition with the colour contrast. Did you get any odd looks while taking this one??

Right on topic. Good composition with the colour contrast. Did you get any odd looks while taking this one??

In fact - I did :)

Very nice - bang goes my idea.

Had to do something else.

I don't own the idea - in fact it'd be good to see someone elses' take on it :)

I don't own the idea - in fact it'd be good to see someone elses' take on it :)

Of course not, but you've done it well. I don't know if I'm pleased that I saw yours first or if it would have been interesting to submit them then see what other people had done...

As per the other image that is similar to this, it is unfortunately a sign of the times we live in, lazy, disgusting bar-stewards. Nice PP on it and smack bang on theme.

As per the other image that is similar to this, it is unfortunately a sign of the times we live in, lazy, disgusting bar-stewards. Nice PP on it and smack bang on theme.

Thanks Jim :)

Yep - that's topical... I really hope that this pandemic won't be the catalyst for giving up on the war on plastic.

thanks - i hope so too!

Week 42 : Food

Free food donation to the needy in Manchester this afternoon

MAN%20Street%20171020-8.jpg

I think you've covered the theme for last week and this week in one. Great expression on her face - well caught.

Really nice documentary image Dave, great job. Love the colours, light, composition and the expressions in the subjects. What's not to like?

A sad indictment of modern life :/
Nice to see reportage street :)
Food
Really like it. It's one of those photos with real meaning.
Really nice documentary image Dave, great job. Love the colours, light, composition and the expressions in the subjects. What's not to like?
Interesting picture - the eye contact and woman's expression make it.

Thanks all - my original plan was tog the people serving food on the stalls behind - and took three. But when I saw the free food stall it had to be that one for the theme. I may add the others here just for added interest. :)

Week 43 : Sharp

A remnant of my old Martial Arts days. I did 25yrs or so. I mainly used this for Iaido and test cutting.

SHARP by Dave Green, on Flickr

Yep, they certainly are sharp! Nicely done and the mono PP suits the composition. Nice DoF and nice to have the Wakizashi with the Katana.

Yep, they certainly are sharp! Nicely done and the mono PP suits the composition. Nice DoF and nice to have the Wakizashi with the Katana.

Thanks Jim :)

Great use of DOF there and the mono is great.

I’m immediately transported into Kill Bill. They look suitably sharp and scary. I like that you’ve chosen to focus on the tip but have given us the wider view for context and B & W suits it.

Crikey! That looks like quite a weapon. I like the angle and point of focus. Mono suits it too.

Back