weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingiewotsit for 2023 : Week 52 : Fave of the year - Year Complete!

That's a fantastic shot for circles. Well thought out and perfectly timed. Cracker!

WOW, that tennis ball shot is just amazing, well done indeed.

Week 35 : Snapper's Choice

Morecambe Stone Jetty in late afternoon sun today. The Lakeland Fells across the bay.

i-Lr3rcqr-X2.jpg

Nice image, plenty of interest, lovely light and the 2 figures in the foreground give it a great sense of perspective. Nicely done

Nice image, plenty of interest, lovely light and the 2 figures in the foreground give it a great sense of perspective. Nicely done
Cheers Jim :)

Snapper's Choice is a great image - not least because it's September...

Forgive me for asking but is it level? It looks like it's falling off screen to the left a little to me.

However, I will admit to thinking that about my own images of late - even though I've levelled them in LR.

Snapper's Choice is a great image - not least because it's September...

Forgive me for asking but is it level? It looks like it's falling off screen to the left a little to me.

However, I will admit to thinking that about my own images of late - even though I've levelled them in LR.

Thanks Kell.

Yes it's level. The part of the jetty you see at the left ramps down as it approaches the end.

Love the circles shot Dave, so creative. The Morecambe Stone Jetty looks like a place with a wealth of fantastic images to be found.

Love the circles shot Dave, so creative. The Morecambe Stone Jetty looks like a place with a wealth of fantastic images to be found.
Thanks Bill - it sure is a great place to live :)

Lovely light for snapper choice and can’t beat having hills in the BG

Cool image Dave, lovely light. Lovely to have the fells so close - it's a long way up from S Wales!

Lovely light for snapper choice and can’t beat having hills in the BG
Ta Keith

Cool image Dave, lovely light. Lovely to have the fells so close - it's a long way up from S Wales!

Cheers Simon. Yep - nowhere near S Wales :)

Lovely snappers choice. The light is beautiful and nicely balanced image with the two on the beach below.

Lovely snappers choice. The light is beautiful and nicely balanced image with the two on the beach below.
Cheers Helen :)

Week 36 : Sign of The Times

Lancaster Wilko - I wanted something other than just blurred people on a street.

i-TFkpjRQ-X2.jpg

Last edited:
People rushing past Wilko, not stopping, sign of the times? Great choice of subject matter and good capture

Captured the movement well, like the blue dog lead and the doggies. Lady standing with the wilko bag contrasts well with the others moving, though she might have clocked you :) .

Captured the movement well, like the blue dog lead and the doggies. Lady standing with the wilko bag contrasts well with the others moving, though she might have clocked you :) .
Thanks Nog - tried to get a "Lots to see pic" :)

Reactions: nog
Really like that Dave, cracking image buddy. It's the kind of thing I was hoping to do but just haven't had the chance.
In fact I would like to a set like that, maybe time for a trip to Bedford Town centre (urrrgh)

Really like that Dave, cracking image buddy. It's the kind of thing I was hoping to do but just haven't had the chance.
In fact I would like to a set like that, maybe time for a trip to Bedford Town centre (urrrgh)
Thanks Keith :)

Week 37 : Hollow

Spotted this hollow stump on a walk down near the River Kent at Levens Hall today. I was using the Fuji X-T4 with 35mm F2 on - but not wide enough! Out came the trusty iPhone 14 Pro Max.

i-RRkxbvq-X2.jpg

Back