Panamoz what is the best safest way to pay

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to buy a Nikon z9 and z 100-400 what is the safest way to pay

Personally I have always used PayPal with Panamoz, I just don't like the idea of having some random guy in China having my card details. I actually thought they only offered Paypal? Way back they used to offer a discount for paying by bank transfer but I don't think they do that anymore.

Also I believe that buying with a credit card from a supplier based in China does not provide you with the same rights as buying from a U.K supplier. Not 100% on this but I remeber reading this both on here and in other places some time ago.

Panamoz to be fair are the best grey market company out there in terms of providing a good service level and I would have no problem recommending them. They will stand over their warranty and they will resolve any delivery issues as I have experience both and they have always went out of their way to help resolve any problems.

Like with any grey market company though if they close up shop tomorrow morning, your money is gone if they haven't already shipped your items and your warranty is no longer valid.

They have been around though for at least 10 years that I can remember and I personally have spent around £40,000 with them and always been happy.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies credit card limit is only £2500 nicer used it so might go with PayPal guest think that’s what you call it

I think their checkout is all paypal.

They are a company of the highest repute and greatest integrity. You won't have a problem and enjoy the new kit when it comes.
Thanks just waiting for a reply for deliver date as I’m off on holiday on the 21st of may

Personally I have always used PayPal with Panamoz, I just don't like the idea of having some random guy in China having my card details. I actually thought they only offered Paypal? Way back they used to offer a discount for paying by bank transfer but I don't think they do that anymore.

Also I believe that buying with a credit card from a supplier based in China does not provide you with the same rights as buying from a U.K supplier. Not 100% on this but I remeber reading this both on here and in other places some time ago.

Panamoz to be fair are the best grey market company out there in terms of providing a good service level and I would have no problem recommending them. They will stand over their warranty and they will resolve any delivery issues as I have experience both and they have always went out of their way to help resolve any problems.

Like with any grey market company though if they close up shop tomorrow morning, your money is gone if they haven't already shipped your items and your warranty is no longer valid.

They have been around though for at least 10 years that I can remember and I personally have spent around £40,000 with them and always been happy.
Thanks for your reply i got the d850 off them about 4 yeas ago with no problems so will order today

Thanks just waiting for a reply for deliver date as I’m off on holiday on the 21st of may

They usually send a dispatch email with tracking within 24 hours. Although in recent times they have been using a different delivery service that ships to the U.K and then on to the end user. If it is sent that way you won't get a tracking number until it hits the U.K which could take anything up to a week in my experience.

They usually send a dispatch email with tracking within 24 hours. Although in recent times they have been using a different delivery service that ships to the U.K and then on to the end user. If it is sent that way you won't get a tracking number until it hits the U.K which could take anything up to a week in my experience.

I've bought 2 D850's and 2 F2.8 zooms off them since September and this is how it goes now. The stuff just arrives, perfectly packaged with that 3 year warranty activated as they track it to you.

Best camera supplier in the world if you ask me.

I use Panamoz and have just purchased a Z9 from them. The only issue I had was with TNT, they are not moving the parcels very quickly. My parcel was at Frankfurt Airport for 10 days. They never updated the tracking that it had left Germany and to my surprise the driver just turned up at my house. I had no idea it was out for delivery.
However this was not Panamoz’s fault, they do state the delivery takes longer than normal. They also kept me informed as best they could. Just be aware that it could take up to 3 weeks, however Panamoz might be using a different service that TNT now.

I think its TNT/DHL/FED ex from HK to EU then UK, then DPD from their UK "address" to you.

It isn't fast, neither is E-Infin but it gets there in the end.
DPD were not involved in my order. FedEX delivered, which I gather is the same as TNT. My last Panamoz order took 6 days to my door.

Last edited:
I've never had to initiate a claim against any company when using a credit card and I don't know how to. I suppose I'd try by giving the credit card company a call. With paypay disputes seem easy enough.

I've bought a few things from them over the years, and paid with PP.
I've never had an issue that needed addressing.
I understand that their guarantee is excellent, not that I've needed to use it.

Not sure but thought I had read somewhere that credit card will not allow charge backs if you had paid via PayPal as the purchase using the card was not done directly from the seller.
I don't know, about that, so can't comment, although you have to jump through hoops, PayPal's own dispute system for refunds is very good, I've used it twice, it long winded but fair... I won both times, so I would say that :D

Not sure but thought I had read somewhere that credit card will not allow charge backs if you had paid via PayPal as the purchase using the card was not done directly from the seller.

May be wrong though, often wondered myself.

Don't know. Just saying how I've bought stuff from Panamoz.

Tried to buy the camera and lens had problems getting back into PayPal got in after a while ordered camera and lens then the bank stopped the payment phoned the bank after a couple of hours got the bank gave the ok tried to order again then PayPal refused the transaction problem with gateway think I’m going to give up hope might wait until after my holidays

May be wrong though, often wondered myself.
this is for a section 75 claim.
Chargebacks are different.....

Last edited:
Tried to buy the camera and lens had problems getting back into PayPal got in after a while ordered camera and lens then the bank stopped the payment phoned the bank after a couple of hours got the bank gave the ok tried to order again then PayPal refused the transaction problem with gateway think I’m going to give up hope might wait until after my holidays

Bloody fraud protection - it really is over zealous and irritating.

I pay them by bank transfer and get an extra 10% discount.

As I'm buying new at second-hand prices I think it's worth the risk and as their three year warranty is very good (by all accounts), I have no concerns.

Last edited:

There were some technical issues with PayPal yesterday, I had problems with a few transactions with eBay and DPD - it likely wasn't Panamoz specific

I do not think you will have a problem with Panamoz or Einfinity but you may if Fedex deals with it. I bought my last 5D/4 from E infinity, after about a month I had a bill form Fedex for the customs duty on the camera, I paid it. A month or so later I got another bill but this time it was telling me I was going to be sued for non payment of the bill. Checked with bank, looked on bank statements and saw that it had been paid. I then had to send a copy of my bank statement to Fedex who would not again believe it had been paid, anyway after another month I managed to get confirmation that the bill had in fact been paid by the bank , All in all it must have taken 3 months to clear this up, so all I can say is beware of Fedex.

Ordered an EOS R6 plus adapter from Panamoz late a.m. on Monday, 25th. April.
Well packed parcel arrived today at about 1.00 p.m. by UPS. No delivery confirmation but was expecting 7 to 14 working days as per website.

Not complaining!!:D:D
Battery now charging.
First class service.

I’m glad I got my Z9 when I did from Panamoz, they are £5680 now. I’d recommended Panamoz to a few guys about availability, but had no idea on the price hike. Probably had to increase the price to cover a better postage service.
I’ve received my UK deposit back on my Z9 order, my supplier doubted I would have seen mine this year, I ordered second day.

I’m glad I got my Z9 when I did from Panamoz, they are £5680 now. I’d recommended Panamoz to a few guys about availability, but had no idea on the price hike. Probably had to increase the price to cover a better postage service.
I’ve received my UK deposit back on my Z9 order, my supplier doubted I would have seen mine this year, I ordered second day.

I think Panamoz have hike prices on the 100-400 and other new release Z lens's due to lack of availability. Cynical yes - but it beats waiting a year.

what you are concerned about, in my experience they are safer than amazon or ebay
Was just wondering how other people payed don’t use eBay but find amazon good going to wait until after my holidays at the end of may then its my birthday and retire at the start of June that will give me a excuse to buy them without her complaining hehe

I got my husband to use his Paypal :LOL: My credit limit was too low, so he was very accommodating. I think there was a bank transfer option, but not credit card.

I had brilliant customer service from Panamoz as I needed my lens in a hurry. They expedited it and gave me updates on the process. They offered me a discount (they price matched), and they duly refunded me the amount once it had been dispatched. I was very impressed and it arrived within 3 days.

Back