"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

Wow was that cropped or edited in ant ways?

I did some minor cropping, but as I was in the forest I could get as close as I wanted. I also did some minor Lightroom manipulation (the usual sharpening recommended for any picture), but for the most part it looks like it did when I took it ;)

ps. Nice ladybug oldboy2000 :D Lovely colours in that shot.

Yes... we do!! ;)

5003964638_c3b74893ca_z.jpg

No we don't. A PC for me everytime.

Wow, awesome bike! You need a gravity dropper on a bike like that though ;)

Mathers are showing the 14mm as coming out mid October and costing £285 btw.

I wonder if I leave a subtle note around my hubby will buy me the 14mm for my birthday in mid October. It seems like an omen.:thinking:

I received my extended 3yr guarantee today from Panasonic, but no cheque for my £30 cashback. Does anyone know if they usually arrive separately, or have they just forgotten mine?:thinking:

Takes AGES, Barbara. I got mine sometime in June and got the £30 back about 2 weeks ago.

If you're lucky Barbara!!

Can anyone help me with my previous question, post 107?
to summarise..

What settings do you have to put camera flash settings to, when using an external flash on ettl?

Do you use slow synchro setting on the camera.. or do you stick it on auto setting, and put a slow shutter speed on the camera yourself to get more ambient light in from the backgroiund?

Janice - I am a little confused by your question but I am a flash numpty. In my very unscientific testing with a Metz 36AF I found I couldn't control the flash power, so adjusted the amount of light by changing shutter speed/aperture etc

Really lost my photo taking mojo lately :(

Here's a few efforts from tonight but I just don't feel inspired at the moment....

P1200385-Edit_tonemapped copy by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

P1200337 by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

P1200370 by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

P1200340 by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

P1200333 by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

Sorry about the annoying watermark - I post quite a few on facebook too and have found a few of my 'friends' have been taking them and printing them from the crappy low res facebook versions. :nono:

Last edited:
The textures and the detail of the 1st is superb.

I know what you mean Graham, I got all snap happy in New York 3 weeks ago and now I haven't picked up the camera again since :shrug:

I received my extended 3yr guarantee today from Panasonic, but no cheque for my £30 cashback. Does anyone know if they usually arrive separately, or have they just forgotten mine?:thinking:

I got my cashback after about 6 or 7 weeks, dont give up yet!

Some great shots being posted, I will have to take mine out with me, my new Coolpix seems to be taking over at the moment. I'll leave that behind today...

Heres one of a ceiling in Canterbury Cathedral

Allan

Last edited:
Janice - I am a little confused by your question but I am a flash numpty. In my very unscientific testing with a Metz 36AF I found I couldn't control the flash power, so adjusted the amount of light by changing shutter speed/aperture etc

Thanks Graham.

Shutter speed controls the ambient light (background) and the ettl flash lights the subject. Just wondered what I should be putting those camera flash settings on before I use the external, or are they rendered as disabled once you attach an external flash unit and they are only for the pop-up flash.

Oh well, looks like lots of unscientific testing then!! :D

I got my cashback after about 6 or 7 weeks, dont give up yet!

Some great shots being posted, I will have to take mine out with me, my new Coolpix seems to be taking over at the moment. I'll leave that behind today...

Heres one of a ceiling in Canterbury Cathedral

Allan

Lovely shot, Allan. I was there for my son's graduation in July, some beautiful architecture to be seen.

Yet another wonderful set Graham. I love the mono's, especially the 1st one. Spanking!!

I do appreciate your input though. I do have the RAW file, so who knows I might decide to drop the exposure at a later date.:thinking:
Why are your photos unavailable now ? I,ve just bought a dmc g10 hence very interested in the images of the 4/3 lenses .:)

Iv'e not heard anything about my warranty and cashback. Is there a number I can enquire about it..?

Some nice shots being posted..!

Cheers for the comments folks

Thanks Graham.

Shutter speed controls the ambient light (background) and the ettl flash lights the subject. Just wondered what I should be putting those camera flash settings on before I use the external, or are they rendered as disabled once you attach an external flash unit and they are only for the pop-up flash.

Oh well, looks like lots of unscientific testing then!! :D

I tried changing the flash power setting on the camera menu, but it didn't seem to be making any difference that I could discern, so I assumed they must only be for the pop up flash.

Iv'e not heard anything about my warranty and cashback. Is there a number I can enquire about it..?

Some nice shots being posted..!

On the extended warranty certificate I got yesterday the helpline number was 01344 706723. I don't know whether you will get any joy from this, but it's worth a try.

GF1 and Helios 44/2 manual focus lens with tubes.

Very nice Andy! (y)
Have no idea what you took this with as between you and bl0at3r you seem to have bought and sold more GF1's and G1's than all the Jessops branches put together!! :LOL:

I have never had a G1...nearly did once!! and I'm on my 3rd GF1.

Alan and i are really secret Panasonic quality control Camera testers!!!

Or we have a problem! :puke: I know I do!

:nuts:

Thanks (y)

Cheers fella! (y)

On the extended warranty certificate I got yesterday the helpline number was 01344 706723. I don't know whether you will get any joy from this, but it's worth a try.

Thanks,
Will give it a try tomorrow ;)

Back