Panasonic LX100

Oh dear. That's me almost certainly out then. A shame, so near and yet...

It looks to be a lovely camera though but just not suited to what I want to do. Oh well, money saved.

Hello Gents,

Can anyone tell me what the largest aperture is at 35, 50 and 75mm?

Thanks

I did find the following in a review I read a while back:
The LX100 only offers f1.7 between 24 and 25mm at which point it slows a fraction to f1.8. The aperture then closes to f1.9 at 26mm, f2 at 27mm, f2.1 at 28mm, f2.2 at 30mm, f2.3 at 34mm, f2.4 at 37mm, f2.5 at 41mm, f2.6 at 44mm, f2.7 at 49mm, and finally at f2.8 from 52-75mm.
Full review is at http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_LX100/

I did find the following in a review I read a while back:
The LX100 only offers f1.7 between 24 and 25mm at which point it slows a fraction to f1.8. The aperture then closes to f1.9 at 26mm, f2 at 27mm, f2.1 at 28mm, f2.2 at 30mm, f2.3 at 34mm, f2.4 at 37mm, f2.5 at 41mm, f2.6 at 44mm, f2.7 at 49mm, and finally at f2.8 from 52-75mm.
Full review is at http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_LX100/

Very useful, thanks

Black LX100 is on deal of the day special offer at Amazon.co.uk for £449 today (Thursday 26th March).

Hmm, just got a 15% off voucher for Ebay.. found SRS Microsystem's eBay page... GAS rising... And then discovered £47 worth of Nectar points I'd forgotten about... GAS reaching unbearable levels...

Thanks - I had spotted that deal myself and was torn as to whether it's worth the extra £50 for the 5-year warranty as opposed to the 1-year on the refurb.

Normally I wouldn't bother, but my XF1 conking out 11 months into it's 12-month warranty has made me a bit nervous about the build quality of these 'premium' compacts.

How many of you are using the automatic lens cap? Do you prefer the official Panasonic one, or the JJC copy (which apparently allows room for a filter, but I imagine that must be a faff to use with the lens cap in place?)

Bit the bullet and did it. LX100 ordered...

Look forward to seeing some photos soon. In reply to the automatic lenscap I can't comment as I just use an av filter and the Panasonic cap. I did have one on an olympus xz1 years ago and found it ok but dust still managed to get on the lens.

The Panasonic refurb store on eBay has it for £499.99 [£580 after cashback else where] Looks like the cashback offer finishes in 2 days...
Now I have a decision to make, I was after a OMD-5 but maybe a 'fixed' lens is better for me, *think, think*

Last edited:
Hi

I searched and found a few general threads discussing the LX100 but no "official" owner's thread, so thought I'd start one.

My LX100 arrived a week or so ago (as a more portable / practical alternate to my D7100) and have only had a few chances to take some snaps and really need to get my head around it before going on a family holiday in August (the main self justification for the GAS symptoms ;)

Soo, anyone else got one? What do you think, good and bad, tricks, tips, gripes, advise of just pictures you have taken, get them posted up here :)

So, first outing with mine in London last week:

Week # 19 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

St Pancras B&W Landscape by Jon Parry, on Flickr

St Pancras Colour Portrait by Jon Parry, on Flickr

St Pancras Colour Landscape by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Leaving by Jon Parry, on Flickr

First impressions, for me, are that it is a very powerful box of tricks for its size and weight but frustrates me (due to my ignorance and refusal to read manuals) how features get blocked / unavailable if certain options or modes are engaged - ill get there !

Also, the pain of having to convert the RAW files to DNGs as there is no native support for the file type in LR5

Anyone else want to join in ??

My LX100 arrived today (ordered just in time for the cashback..).

Feels like a well made piece of kit and am looking forward to using it when I can't be bothered to drag the 'big' camera around.

JonP what's your processing there?
I ask because very recently I've seen a lot of Panasonic m4/3rds photos which just cannot do a decent blue sky, and yours are very pleasant.

Thank you :)

Generally it's a tweak is exposure and contrast a smudge of vibrancy if needed and if the blues need bringing out or toning down then a slide of the luminance slider (all in Light Room)

Hope this answers your question ;)

Great set there Jon I've had mine up for sale twice but taken it off twice. Had it out today along with the gx7 and 100-300 which makes a great combo.

Back