Panic Buying

What makes you think i haven’t already done it. Surely they should have been “trained” to do the job of filling baskets and keeping away from other people but it seems its way too difficult for our “educated” youth” to follow instructions and/ or think
Maybe you would like to have a go I know I wouldn’t,
why the “educated youth“ comment what does that even mean?

Maybe you would like to have a go I know I wouldn’t,
why the “educated youth“ comment what does that even mean?
Use the brain you were born with rather than the “education” university programmed you to follow.

Me too....

The sad thing is I'm not talking about shopping for man gadgets. I miss the run of the mill stuff like going to ASDA and penny pinching the bargains.

I feel the need to talk in an artificially gruff voice for a while now.

Is that it have you finished,?
try and be a bit more understanding of people who have to do this type of work you really have no idea.
You need to re read this when your Sober/more intelligent. Thoroughly you might be in for a bit of a shock. And I think the words you will be looking for are “ sorry I ‘m a tit who doesn’t read things before opening my mouth” .

Admin Edit : Warning Given.

Is that it have you finished,?
try and be a bit more understanding of people who have to do this type of work you really have no idea.

I don't know why I feel the need to say his but I will. Years ago my mother worked in a local co-op, just a something to do job she did with her sister. Sadly it all turned sour as it was such a toxic working environment. Also and much more recently I had a friend who worked at the local ASDA, something out back unloading mostly I think rather than in the shop front. He left quickly as again it was a very toxic and bullying environment and he was no shrinking violet. It's not just high power careers that can be stressful.

You need to re read this when your Sober/more intelligent. Thoroughly you might be in for a bit of a shock. And I think the words you will be looking for are “ sorry I ‘m a tit who doesn’t read things before opening my mouth” .
Ok, won’t be apologising though

I hope not. That could lead to a very embarrassing toilet visit.

I don't know why but this reminded me of a GF I had. A very sexy police woman. Anyway, she used to ring me at work and say the most "interesting" things and then put the phone down knowing I wouldn't be leaving my office for a while for fear of being in an obvious predicament.

I don't know why but this reminded me of a GF I had. A very sexy police woman. Anyway, she used to ring me at work and say the most "interesting" things and then put the phone down knowing I wouldn't be leaving my office for a while for fear of being in an obvious predicament.
Oh dear.....:LOL::LOL::LOL::banana:
Is that a truncheon in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me....
00095263p-iMfqnJnU.png

Last edited:
Maybe having a bit of respect for them,
I have the same amount of respect for them as the general public that criss cross across aisles, and doing 3 point turns mid aisles,
while most people stick to the rules, aka using the one way system and keeping the specified 2 meter gap.
Just because they work there it doesn't give them special dispensation to break all the rules. Or indeed make them invulnerable
I would have hoped they would have been the "leaders" with the rules, not flout them.
Obviously I've no idea how your other half "works" I'm just speaking from personal experience.

These workers are given very little PPE
The ones in "my local" don't wear any.

Its the same here, as Neil said below.

That's odd all our 24hr supermarkets are now shut at night so the shelves etc. Can be restocked and the online shopping can be done. The night shift won't see the public.

Here’s the original quote care to explain it now rather than resorting to insults

Admin Edit : Warning Given.

Could you both please drop it now. It's not nice for others to read. Thanks

I have the same amount of respect for them as the general public that criss cross across aisles, and doing 3 point turns mid aisles,
while most people stick to the rules, aka using the one way system and keeping the specified 2 meter gap.
Just because they work there it doesn't give them special dispensation to break all the rules. Or indeed make them invulnerable
I would have hoped they would have been the "leaders" with the rules, not flout them.
Obviously I've no idea how your other half "works" I'm just speaking from personal experience.

The ones in "my local" don't wear any.

Its the same here, as Neil said below.

I answered neils post you do realise they don’t just pick shopping when the shops closed or indeed stack shelves when it’s closed it goes on all day.
to be fair I would have said the same as you but I know have an insight into what goes on and it really isn’t the staffs fault, but let’s not blame the people at the top for this mess let’s blame the workers

but let’s not blame the people at the top for this mess let’s blame the workers
Yes I do sympathise with store workers, that are / have to be, in close contact with the public.
All I'm saying is, that they should stick to the same rules / system as everyone else ( well I'd guess over 90% anyway) in the store, for their and everyone else's safety.
As have been proved many times this thing is a killer.

Post 986 am I not allowed a right to reply?
BTW that wasn't aimed at you and I

Last edited:
I answered neils post you do realise they don’t just pick shopping when the shops closed or indeed stack shelves when it’s closed it goes on all day.
to be fair I would have said the same as you but I know have an insight into what goes on and it really isn’t the staffs fault, but let’s not blame the people at the top for this mess let’s blame the workers
Before the virus, restocking shelves went on all day, there would be a steady stream of goods coming out of the storeroom. Now other than one person putting out fresh fruit and another doing fresh veg I don't see any shelf stacking going on.

Before the virus, restocking shelves went on all day, there would be a steady stream of goods coming out of the storeroom. Now other than one person putting out fresh fruit and another doing fresh veg I don't see any shelf stacking going on.
Oh really

I tried not to panic buy but Tesco decided to substitute some of my home baking products with Cornflour - 8 500g bags of it. :confused: The driver started getting annoyed as we kept calling him back to reject them as we found them, he had not given us the order summary which listed the substitutions.

I was in Tesco's earlier and there were several cages being unloaded on the shop floor.

I dunno which is the bigger pita, the one way system or the aisle blocking shelf stackers.
Although Sainsburys crisp isle was blocked for half an hour yesterday by half a dozen suits and a photographer shooting peanuts, right log jam that was.

I've changed my mind, customer blind suits fannying about obliviously in aisles are a country mile more irritating than shelf stackers and one ways..:)

I might try tesco next time, but late as possible -as thre are things i can't get in waitrose or asda - but see how i feel nearer the time won't be for at least 10 days.

this bread has been a nice lock down find -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baker-Street-Seeded-Rye-Bread/dp/B01MQKEYBF (there is a rye, seeded rye and a wheat and rye)

i got it in a corner shop at the beginning of the bread panic but have sought it out since (seems to be in more Nisa/Londis type shops). It is really long life (somehow) so it's nice to keep for emergencies and not take up freezer space and it's really tasty too. it lasts a decent time while open as well.

things you dont want to happen in a pandemic/panic buying time - to not shut your freezer properly when doing dinner last night....

i THINK everything is ok... luckily i'm fairly lenient with what it will take to make me chuck things away so will be dicing with death

it really isn’t the staffs fault, but let’s not blame the people at the top for this mess let’s blame the workers

It is 100% the staffs fault if they are going the wrong way round the 1 way system. Noone elses.

The staff in our local Asda just stand next to each other on the isles chatting and showing each other stuff on phones... sometimes leaving no room to pass. Does my head in

It is 100% the staffs fault if they are going the wrong way round the 1 way system. Noone elses.

The staff in our local Asda just stand next to each other on the isles chatting and showing each other stuff on phones... sometimes leaving no room to pass. Does my head in
Don’t go shopping then if it’s a problem, write a letter/email to Asda put your complaints to them or perhaps ask them to move I’m sure they would oblige,

Don’t go shopping then if it’s a problem, write a letter/email to Asda put your complaints to them or perhaps ask them to move I’m sure they would oblige,

I do my shopping for click and collect now so I dont have to go into the shops now.

Still doesn't change the fact they should be leading by example

Back