Panic Buying

I do my shopping for click and collect now so I dont have to go into the shops now.

Still doesn't change the fact they should be leading by example

They are shop workers not the government, they are doing a difficult job in difficult circumstance, but as you don’t go into the shop what the f#ck are you moaning about

They are shop workers not the government, they are doing a difficult job in difficult circumstance, but as you don’t go into the shop what the f#ck are you moaning about

But still breaking the rules set out by their employer and putting other people at risk.. I really dont get why you can't grasp that they should be following the same 1 way system as customers? No point in having it if everyone doesn't follow it. Dont you agree?

I don't go into shops because people can't keep to 1 way systems.... didn't know you wern't allowed an opinion on something if it wasn't a direct concern to you. :rolleyes:

But still breaking the rules set out by their employer and putting other people at risk.. I really dont get why you can't grasp that they should be following the same 1 way system as customers? No point in having it if everyone doesn't follow it. Dont you agree?

I don't go into shops because people can't keep to 1 way systems.... didn't know you wern't allowed an opinion on something if it wasn't a direct concern to you. :rolleyes:

of course your allowed an opinion,
do you work in a supermarket have any idea what the staff have to put up with?
and do remember one of those awful people in your chosen supermarket is basically doing your shopping for you because you can’t be bothered.

please don’t ask me to reply I really can’t be bothered any more. Do you want me to look up the email address of your local Asda and you can whine at them.

things you dont want to happen in a pandemic/panic buying time - to not shut your freezer properly when doing dinner last night....

i THINK everything is ok... luckily i'm fairly lenient with what it will take to make me chuck things away so will be dicing with death

Can't you can cook thawed meat into a dish and then freeze it safely if there are any pieces of meat that have thawed.

do you work in a supermarket have any idea what the staff have to put up with?
and do remember one of those awful people in your chosen supermarket is basically doing your shopping for you because you can’t be bothered.

Yes I understand what the staff have to put up with.... Doesn't mean they should be putting others at risk by ignoring their own employers rules does it? Thats like saying NHS staff should be able to nip to the pub and go out with friends because they have to put up with more than anyone.

I choose not to do my shopping because of my asthma actually, I'd happily do it myself if I knew I wasnt going to have to meet people coming the other way when they shouldn't be, staff or not. Nothign to do with not being bothered.

Yes I understand what the staff have to put up with.... Doesn't mean they should be putting others at risk by ignoring their own employers rules does it? Thats like saying NHS staff should be able to nip to the pub and go out with friends because they have to put up with more than anyone.

I choose not to do my shopping because of my asthma actually, I'd happily do it myself if I knew I wasnt going to have to meet people coming the other way when they shouldn't be, staff or not. Nothign to do with not being bothered.
:sleep:

@Rapscallion i dont think any of the meat had thawed, only bread and ice cream. didn't want to spend too long analysing contents and let more cold escape. hurah, another ocd thing to check every day lol

Nice reply... Still haven't said why you think its acceptable for store staff to ignore their own store policy, or how its infact not their fault?
My wife works for a supermarket, I think I have a little more insight than you do.
To be honest your argument fell apart when you said the staff are just standing around chatting to each other and then admitted you don’t go in the store.
so what are you actually concerned about?
It can’t bother you that they are standing around chatting you don’t go in remember. Believe me you can’t be any more angry than I am about shop workers although my concern is for them and how they are treated and the conditions they have to work in.

Here you go roger.burnley@asda.co.uk ask him why

let me know when you have an answer

My wife works for a supermarket, I think I have a little more insight than you do.
To be honest your argument fell apart when you said the staff are just standing around chatting to each other and then admitted you don’t go in the store.
so what are you actually concerned about?
It can’t bother you that they are standing around chatting you don’t go in remember. Believe me you can’t be any more angry than I am about shop workers although my concern is for them and how they are treated and the conditions they have to work in.

Here you go roger.burnley@asda.co.uk ask him why

let me know when you have an answer

You haven't answered the question though.. if you have more insight, then why is it not the fault of the staff that they don't follow the arrows on the floor. I doubt old Roger will be able to answer why Allan.H thinks it's not their fault.

And I don't go into store anymore because of the lack of distancing.. I have been in them before.

You haven't answered the question though.. if you have more insight, then why is it not the fault of the staff that they don't follow the arrows on the floor. I doubt old Roger will be able to answer why Allan.H thinks it's not their fault.

And I don't go into store anymore because of the lack of distancing.. I have been in them before.
roger.burnley@asda.co.uk

Staff and customers seem to lose all common sense on the shop floor.
All very civilised and disciplined waiting outside then get inside and its like a Bear pit.

Didn't know you were a politician, cant answer a simple question on a statement you made :clap::clap:
You went into a shop today but you didn’t because you do click and collect because you have asthma or because of the lack of distancing :thinking:
i thought you might like to work out for yourself why the staff don’t sometimes follow the arrows, the lines are there for the customers.
The staff will try to keep out of the way if they can, but sometimes it’s impossible do you not think they too are concerned about mixing with people.
they don’t have the choice to stay away like you have or don’t have depending on what which version of your posts were working on here.

You went into a shop today but you didn’t because you do click and collect because you have asthma or because of the lack of distancing :thinking:
i thought you might like to work out for yourself why the staff don’t sometimes follow the arrows, the lines are there for the customers.
The staff will try to keep out of the way if they can, but sometimes it’s impossible do you not think they too are concerned about mixing with people.
they don’t have the choice to stay away like you have or don’t have depending on what which version of your posts were working on here.

Nowhere have I said I went a shop today? You really need to learn to read . and yes, being asthmatic and people getting too close worries me? What's the problem with that?

Nowhere have I said I went a shop today? You really need to learn to read . and yes, being asthmatic and people getting too close worries me? What's the problem with that?

Ok you just can’t be wrong can you. (y)

I’ll leave you to it

As delivery slots did not seem to be in high demand, i'm getting a laced with guilt delivery from iceland tomorrow so i could order 2 slabs of pepsi max cherry as my usual haunt of Home bargains for the best price of them still feels like something i don't want to do. sadly no Blackjack ice creams in stock!

be interesting to see what their delivery service is like and what from my shop ends up arrving - most of it is not frozen stuff.

As delivery slots did not seem to be in high demand, i'm getting a laced with guilt delivery from iceland tomorrow so i could order 2 slabs of pepsi max cherry as my usual haunt of Home bargains for the best price of them still feels like something i don't want to do. sadly no Blackjack ice creams in stock!

be interesting to see what their delivery service is like and what from my shop ends up arrving - most of it is not frozen stuff.

When we moved to this house we did a Iceland delivery of mixed frozen/not. Was perfectly fine, sperated into correct bags and not damaged in any way

@keef32 i dont normally have bags but you have to with them it seems so that was a bit blah but they are sturdy ones that i can reuse when i start taking stuff to the foodbank again or such like. The order was all fine, apart from they have given me a big box of cat food which is of a different variety (classic instead of 'as good as it looks' ) which they don't even stock on the website so i'm a bit confused. annoying as their phone lines are not open and rather than take it back to the store (defeats the point of not going to store) i'd just like a partial refund as cat will eat it, it's just not as good so i'd rather unpack it but don't know when they'll reply to the email. They said the strawberries were subbed for other strawberries which seemed weird. their cardboard packing is good, they were on time and efficent. So apart from teh weird cat food thing, all good. Will just need to get some more of the other cat food to supplement this if he gets bored.

@keef32 i dont normally have bags but you have to with them it seems so that was a bit blah but they are sturdy ones that i can reuse when i start taking stuff to the foodbank again or such like. The order was all fine, apart from they have given me a big box of cat food which is of a different variety (classic instead of 'as good as it looks' ) which they don't even stock on the website so i'm a bit confused. annoying as their phone lines are not open and rather than take it back to the store (defeats the point of not going to store) i'd just like a partial refund as cat will eat it, it's just not as good so i'd rather unpack it but don't know when they'll reply to the email. They said the strawberries were subbed for other strawberries which seemed weird. their cardboard packing is good, they were on time and efficent. So apart from teh weird cat food thing, all good. Will just need to get some more of the other cat food to supplement this if he gets bored.

I think, generally if the price is different they will automatically refund you that amount.

On the subject of bags, our Asda click and collect is normally done by using the lockers, which you have to pay 40p for bags for them to store it correctly, not an issue really.
Now you collect it from the back of store, again not a problem but they still charge you 40p for bags if you want them or not, and they just give you loose stock with some flimsy single use bags on top for you to pack yourself. I'd be happier if they did away with the 40p charge and let me use my own bags. Just a little annoyance

Our Asda store click & collect is next to their loading bay, with a lay-by to drive into. There's a keypad to summon staff but every time we have been there the door has been open. Your groceries are delivered in crates, unbagged so all you have to do is load them into your car. I keep a couple of large cardboard boxes in the car boot, my son uses the big blue IKEA type carriers.

Our Sainsburys collection point is from one or two of their food delivery vans in their car park. again the groceries are in crates, sometime already bagged (which they don't charge for), sometimes loose.

Our Asda store click & collect is next to their loading bay, with a lay-by to drive into. There's a keypad to summon staff but every time we have been there the door has been open. Your groceries are delivered in crates, unbagged so all you have to do is load them into your car. I keep a couple of large cardboard boxes in the car boot, my son uses the big blue IKEA type carriers.

We've used a couple of others for click and collect and 1 didn't give us bags at all, I didnt have any with me so the stuff was just rolling round the boot on the way home. The other was all nicely bagged up.

My Sainsbury & Morrison’s click & collect (3 times) has all been single use bagged. The deliveries from both have been the same.

Had a Sainsbury's delivery yesterday for 3 households, 2 of which have no internet or smartphones. One item fell out of a bag onto the drive and sod's law, right under the driver's toes! 2 of the 12 cake fingers were slightly squashed but the inner bag didn't pop so all were edible but by the time he'd finished dropping the bags off and reloading the crates, the refund for the item was credited to Mrs Nod's account.
Everything's in single use bags which is a shame but I can see the reasoning behind it. No charge for the bags and since the delivery is over £100 in value and at an unpopular time, that's free too. Just lucky that Mrs Nod had set up the delivery option when I was ill so could revive it when her Mum needed some stuff. Unfortunately, her Mum was a bit overwhelmed by a whole shop being delivered and needing to be brought in quickly so we had to get it delivered here then take it out to her to deal with at her leisure (we'd leave it in her open garage, chat for a few minutes at a distance then leave her to deal with it.) Since we are getting hers and ours delivered, we asked the neighbours who we know needed help if they wanted anything and Mrs Next-Door now slips a note through the letterbox once a week.
Only a couple of things seem to be consistently unavailable but they're very much wants rather than needs so we can live without them. Could probably get them from other sources but we're trying to avoid shops as much as possible.

@keef32 trouble is, they dont have that stock on the site so ive no idea what they'd refund as i dont know what they charge - or they should have listed it as the classic raher than AGAIL - we shall see. as assume at this point they dont think its wrong

Morrisons have now gone to local store delivery instead of large distribution centres so for now we've gone back to lidl, I did pop in once but couldn't get what I needed. I use a lidl a few miles further out to give the car a run and find its never really busy.
Wife's also found a butcher that delivers with very good reviews, even free over a reasonable amount from Scunthorpe to Doncaster which we'll get next Saturday so if all goes well we could continue to order meat monthly.
I hope a lot of local businesses will continue to offer delivery as things slowly get back to normal...ish.

@keef32 trouble is, they dont have that stock on the site so ive no idea what they'd refund as i dont know what they charge - or they should have listed it as the classic raher than AGAIL - we shall see. as assume at this point they dont think its wrong

Assuming it was done online, you should be able to log back in and see previous orders. It might tell you there?

I see that there are still people panic buying / hording.
As I was leaving the food warehouse a couple of days ago, I was following someone that had a "normal" deep trolley piled high, and all I could see was bags and bags of oven chips and bottled water, in multi packs shrink wrapped,

No idea about ASDA but Sainsbury’s one can still reject substitutions & get a refund but they won’t take it back -- open to abuse of course. Substitutions of higher value you get the extra discounted as a voucher to spend on later orders.

Mostly I’m banning substitutions since it’s hard to guess what they’ll choose. Eg I ordered tinned butter beans and picked the intermediate price of the three they had. They sub’d black beans I think I see the logic as my choice was ‘organic’ and so was the sub but ‘organic‘ wasn’t important to me:(. I suppose in normal times there would be less chance of subs being necessary.

No idea about ASDA but Sainsbury’s one can still reject substitutions & get a refund but they won’t take it back -- open to abuse of course. Substitutions of higher value you get the extra discounted as a voucher to spend on later orders.

Mostly I’m banning substitutions since it’s hard to guess what they’ll choose. Eg I ordered tinned butter beans and picked the intermediate price of the three they had. They sub’d black beans I think I see the logic as my choice was ‘organic’ and so was the sub but ‘organic‘ wasn’t important to me:(. I suppose in normal times there would be less chance of subs being necessary.

Morrisons once subbed my steak pie for chicken and mushroom. I was not happy.

I see that there are still people panic buying / hording.
As I was leaving the food warehouse a couple of days ago, I was following someone that had a "normal" deep trolley piled high, and all I could see was bags and bags of oven chips and bottled water, in multi packs shrink wrapped,

My local Tesco has more pasta brands and ranges than i have seen before, many at reduced prices, they appear to have panic bought themsleves!!!

We are very careful about substitutions at Sainsburys too ever since I ordered a bottle of Malbec & they delivered Rose....... ;)

We are very careful about substitutions at Sainsburys too ever since I ordered a bottle of Malbec & they delivered Rose....... ;)

I had similar a couple of Christmases ago from Ocado. I ordered a £20 bottle of Chateauneuf Du Pape, they substituted it with a bottle of £4.99 Beaujolais! :puke:

I had similar a couple of Christmases ago from Ocado. I ordered a £20 bottle of Chateauneuf Du Pape, they substituted it with a bottle of £4.99 Beaujolais! :puke:
Ocado substituted a £6 pack of tinned chopped tomatoes for the £1.39 pack we ordered & charged us the full amount......& their delivery charge was £6. I don't use them anymore for online shopping now that we have 4x Sainsburys and a couple of Asda stores withing 6 miles with Click & collect .

We ordered a Christmas tree from Tesco online couple years back, was £40 or so, instead they sent a scrawny horrible looking thing worth £14. We complained, they not only replaced the tree with their highest end £150 tree but added in a tonne of bauble sets and lights - worth it to moan now and then ;)

@keef32 @sphexx i've not ordered from iceland before so i have no previous orders. this was not an incorrect substitution - this is iceland sending a product that doesnt exist on their website - so i did not check if it was correct because there was no other option for it to be, according to their website. In essence, they've given me a product that they do not claim to sell. So either they intended to list this product but listed it wrong as AGAIL higher value product - or something else. still no reply from email, will need to use it soon so they'll just have to come up with a solution based on that.

Back