Parcel Force

Name
Tracy
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone else had issues with a Parcel Force delivery?

I ordered a camera/lens from Wex Photography last week and was told it would arrive on Tuesday.
Monday I was at a hospital appointment with my youngest when apparently my parcel was delivered and signed by myself

I found out on Tuesday when I went to check delivery and straight away phoned Wex and explained the situation, Parcel Force have so far said I took possession of the parcel, then interviewed the driver but forgot to log his answers and I'm waiting for the 2nd interview results from Thursday.

Obviously I'm now out of pocket ( till it is hopefully sorted) and have no new camera/lens

Adding that I've checked around my house in case it was put somewhere and asked my neighbours, even though I'm pretty sure they wouldn't sign under my name.

Not happened to me... but there are quite a few reports around about it...

Has anyone else had issues with a Parcel Force delivery?

I ordered a camera/lens from Wex Photography last week and was told it would arrive on Tuesday.
Monday I was at a hospital appointment with my youngest when apparently my parcel was delivered and signed by myself

I found out on Tuesday when I went to check delivery and straight away phoned Wex and explained the situation, Parcel Force have so far said I took possession of the parcel, then interviewed the driver but forgot to log his answers and I'm waiting for the 2nd interview results from Thursday.

Obviously I'm now out of pocket ( till it is hopefully sorted) and have no new camera/lens

Adding that I've checked around my house in case it was put somewhere and asked my neighbours, even though I'm pretty sure they wouldn't sign under my name.

Hi Tracy, all my photo gear has come from Wex, only once did Parcel Force screw up, they left a note saying knowone at home to sign for it, I got on to Wex and they sorted it out, as the driver lied.
I hope it gets sorted for you, as Wex can just look at the signature and find out it was from someone else.

I would have thought they would check his signature on the pda? Our vans are fitted with four cameras, partly for this reason, not sure what there position is on that...

Oh no, not Royal Mail.

Worst people in the UK to deal with.

I have a tracked letter with no tracking for the last 16 days and they wont help at all till over 25 days has past.

Reactions: MDR
Parcel force were nicknamed parcel farce many years ago for good reason, I thought they had improved lately, perhaps not.

Ask Wex for the original tracking number then you can go to the parcel force website and check it yourself, their is a box with the receipents signature, you will obviously be able to prove it's not yours, as has already been said if it was me I would be going ape at them, threaten to get the police involved as it's theft.

At work we have experienced issues as simple as the driver clicking "handed to resident", instead of "delivery attempted" on their scanners.

Royal Mail think they are a law unto themselves, they sent one of my parcel's that hadn't been delivered to Northern Ireland, where despite having a return postcode and being told they open the parcel to find info to return to sender (it had the original receipt inside with my address on) it 'disappeared' They just washed their hands of the whole episode leaving me £100 out of pocket. Thieves, no other word to describe them.

And if your'e reading this Royal Mail, sue me.

Rant over.

Last edited:
There will be a signed for record on the pda, your tracking number should take you to the page with the electronic copy of this signature, if it isnt yours or anything like yours then I think you may have a good claim that it wasnt you. If you paid by credit, debit or finance you may have a claim on them direct.
I have been dealing with Wex for a couple of weeks now and found them very helpful.
Matt

Not with Parcel Force but DPD and
APC both dumped packages at my
flat door!! DPD driver signed my
name and the APC claimed it was
left in the porch! Both valuable
items and both on a signed for
security service. APC had to
go straight to a claim as the
driver had no scanner and had
written left in porch on the paper
copy.

The DPD parcel( which
turned up in the end as a
neighbour took it
in) I was able
to prove with plane ticket I was in Manchester at a family funeral
at the time
it was supposedly
signed for. Luckily the idiot
had signed my
surname clearly!!

I work as a parcel delivery driver
for TNT at the moment but have
worked for most of them at some
point. In every case of delivery
queries we get sent back to the
delivery address to sort it out.

You can prove you weren't home
so there should be no issue with
a claim. Telling them you intend
to involve the police due to the
value involved and the fact you
have evidence you were elsewhere
will probably be enough to force
them to act in your favour.

As a recipient, the OP has no claim against the courier - the sender is the entity who can make the claim. Let WEX deal with Parcel Force rather than get involved with them directly.

As a recipient, the OP has no claim against the courier - the sender is the entity who can make the claim. Let WEX deal with Parcel Force rather than get involved with them directly.

Which is correct, however, since parcelforce say it was delivered and signed for, WEX may wash their hands of it until such times as that is proved to be untrue.

Had a parcel from wex early this week, parcel force said it was delivered and showed a signature by a F Smith, turned out my neighbour took it in, although I was in all day waiting for the delivery so not got a clue why the driver didn't try me first, and bizzarly F Smith is not my neighbour so assume it's the drivers name.

Mind you they once left a parcel on my doorstep and at the time that house had a it's front door on the path, with no front garden, and yes it was nicked, £300 of clothes went walkies.

Never had issue with parcel force, they've generally been pretty good here. But certainly several other couriers I've had sign my name. In one case a city link courier signed our receptionist name and then took the parcel home, raised it with city link and they couldn't give a toss.

Which is correct, however, since parcelforce say it was delivered and signed for, WEX may wash their hands of it until such times as that is proved to be untrue.
No, WEX have to prove it was delivered. The fact the OP was at a hospital appointment and presumably would be willing to sign an affidavit to that effect gives credence to the situation that the goods have not been delivered.

With the usual caveat that I am not a lawyer... The customers “contract” is with the retailer. The retailer’s contract is with Parcel Force. Don’t get into the position where you as the customer are arguing with Parcel Force. As I understand it if a neighbour has signed for the good and then they are missing then you are not responsible.

If WEX don’t deal with it to your satisfaction, then you might need a lawyer... but I’m sure it’s no where near that point. Start with a carefully worded letter.

Last edited:
Tend to be ok with Parcel Force although they do flit between saying they can drop it off only at the local Royal Mail DPO or post office. Yodel and Hermes seem to be the dodgy ones, amazon logistics seem to be quite reliable.

I would be asking for the courier to provide evidence of delivery i.e. Show the signature.

I had a coffee machine that was signed for and marked as delivered, I contacted Amazon and they despatched a replacement within the hour.

Still kinda worrying that couriers can do this. The best one is when they say they left a card and blatantly didn't. When you say you're going to let the credit card company or PayPal deal with it, that's when they start to jump through hoops

I use Parcel Force to send my big items all the time, not had any issues apart from them sometimes not sticking to the pick up times I arranged.

I do accept though that others mileage may vary, as is evidenced by this thread.

It's a awkward situation for Wex, as they are most likely to be the party who will lose out. They'll be reluctant to replace until they know for sure what's going on - that all boils down to how quickly Parcel Force investigate. I would expect a bit of a delay on this one. I know - not ideal.

PS. Assuming you purchased on credit card it may be worth contacting them to explain the situation as should there be further dispute they may be willing / able to intervene.

PS. Assuming you purchased on credit card it may be worth contacting them to explain the situation as should there be further dispute they may be willing / able to intervene.

I would only contact your credit card as a last resort. It's likely they will only give option to dispute the transaction which will destroy your relationship with wex. I'm also not certain it would resolve the situation in your favour.

Last edited:
I would act amicably with wex at least for the first week. I agree it's their responsibility however for them to replace promptly and out of their own back pocket especially in advance of the situation being resolved with Parcel Force you need to be on their side. There as much the victim of what's happened particularly when they come replace your order. Parcel Force are the ones that should get your wrath. If you go irate too early with Wex it will only cause delay as Wex may not trust you. I would even assure them of your honesty and mention that if you do end up with 2 parcels, you will surely contact them to arrangr return.

If Wex don't act after reasonable time - say two weeks with way of a replacement. Then that's when you need to add pressure by way of a recorded letter. I would however contact them regularly again on good terms during the 2 week period.

Only then when you have had no joy from the recorded letter would I consider contacting your credit card provider or bank

Don't contact the credit card company yet. I'm sure Wex are looking into it and for now are taking the stance that it has been delivered (there are plenty of dishonest customers out there that play the system). Parcelforce will need a bit of time to investigate.

We use Royal Mail for the best part of our deliveries and very rarely have problems with losses. Their new DMO system is great because even if there is no signature, all deliveries are scanned at the delivery point and GPS cords are captured. We've caught out a few customers (thieving gifts) claiming non receipt when then goods were handed over at their address. Funny how quickly the parcel is found when the evidence is handed over.

Under the Consumer Rights Act, when you buy goods from an online retailer, they are responsible for the goods until you receive them. So if the courier loses the goods you ordered or they are damaged, the retailer is responsible for putting things right, not the courier. After all you are the customer of the retailer and the retailer is the customer of the courier.

Oh no, not Royal Mail.

Worst people in the UK to deal with.

I have a tracked letter with no tracking for the last 16 days and they wont help at all till over 25 days has past.

You are correct, not Royal Mail but PARCEL FORCE !!!

Two separate companies

Last edited:
No, WEX have to prove it was delivered. The fact the OP was at a hospital appointment and presumably would be willing to sign an affidavit to that effect gives credence to the situation that the goods have not been delivered.

But if WEX have a POD from parcel force, they have all the proof they need legally, at this juncture.
Once it's established that he could not, in fact, have received the package, I'm sure WEX (a decent company,) would step back in.

But if WEX have a POD from parcel force, they have all the proof they need legally, at this juncture.
Once it's established that he could not, in fact, have received the package, I'm sure WEX (a decent company,) would step back in.
WEX are still responsible. The trouble may be in getting them to accept responsibility (which was perhaps the point you were trying to make).

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/l/delivery-rights Might be of help to the OP.

Sounds cut and dried, if you were at the hospital at the corresponding time of the alleged delivery.,

Ask WEX to investigate as they paid for the postage and are also the ones who have been potentially defrauded.
Personally think if you provide proof of your whereabouts and non matching signature that they should provide replacement items

Apart from if the signature is faked then that's fraud.

Agreed. How many people have scammed companies by signing a different name and claiming it never arrived.

Granted the op should have an appointment letter for their hospital trip, but who's to say they attended.

Etc etc. It all gets a bit messy trying to prove it never arrived in this sort of case.

Since this is getting in the conspiracy theory level, what if the OP was in hospital but someone else was in the house who signed for it, and then how does he prove someone else was not in the house.

Errmmm :woot:, I think the OP has to stick to his guns with Wex and up to them to pursue the goods with the courier.

Last edited:
Since this is getting in the conspiracy theory level, what if the OP was in hospital but someone else was in the house who signed for it, and then how does he prove someone else was not in the house.

Errmmm :woot:, I think the OP has to stick to his guns with Wex and up to them to pursue the goods with the courier.

I realise that some usernames & avatars may make the user's gender a little ambiguous and people may default to male but I think, in this instance, it's a little more on the obvious side. ;)
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 12.11.42.png

I realise that some usernames & avatars may make the user's gender a little ambiguous and people may default to male but I think, in this instance, it's a little more on the obvious side. ;)
I stand corrected. Tracy is a "she". Sorry TRACY :) I should have looked more carefully but I have learned to ignore avatars as there are definitely some girls pretending to be boys, and toddlers doing photography, including a cow, numerous birds, cats and dogs.

Back