PART 1 : Kennysarmy 52.26 Sensual (Pussy) added! ( links on post 1 too )

Week 2: Ouch. So glad you chose mono for this - it must be really gory in colour. :eek: I hope it's getting better. :)

Week 3: You're definitely giving this 52 your all, Jeff. :LOL: Absolutely brilliant take on the theme - oh and a good sp too. (y)

I hope Week 4 doesn't require further mutilation. :D ;)

Jean

I like all your submissions so far....

week 1 - has great atmosphere (or is it atmosfear???) I'd keep the other gravestone in because it adds to the context of the shot

week 2 - OMG that looks painful!!!!! what a great interpretation of the theme though, and I love seeing something different :)

week 3 - blimey! that's dedication!!! but still excellent to see something no one else would have thought of..... I think your 52 is going to inspire a lot of people :) (photographically - not haircut-edly! ;) )

Three excellent and enjoyable shots. Not much else to add to what other people have written.

Looking forward to your week 4 , but please be careful - the word "open" isn't an invitation to "open" bits of you:nono:

excellent!!!!

love the perspective and very well lit! but you'll have to ditch the mincemeat sooner rather than later!!! ;)

Excellent shot.

Well exposed and clean (shot and fridge)

The only way to improve it would be to have it full of beer instead of food :LOL:

Andy

I love the idea... Shouts the theme... Did it just come to u? The thought process of such great ideas is something i need to work on.

No issues with the image either... Practically perfect in every way.

Hi Jeff.
Just seen your work for the 52 for the first time. You certainly are putting your all in. Before getting to your submission for "Open" I was half expecting an Open Wound or something. My fave so far has to be the Graveyard (with the rear stone in). I love the lighting and shadows in it. I once tried a "in fridge" shot and can vouch that it is not easy getting the positioning right. The composition in yours is great. I look forward to following the rest of the year.

Martin

Hope you wrapped the camera up well. Wouldnt want it to catch a cold :D:D

Love the idea and well taken btw :clap:

Great thought process for all your pics so far. Keep waiting for yours each week now.

I love the idea... Shouts the theme... Did it just come to u? The thought process of such great ideas is something i need to work on.

No issues with the image either... Practically perfect in every way.

I won't lie it was not an orginal idea...I remember seeing a similar shot a while back in a camera magazine.....

Love the fridge shot, I tried this once with the oven, but I haven't got a wide enough angle to do it justice :(

Nice take on open. Why do you look so stern, has someone pinched your cream cake?

And I agree the top right head stone works well in this one after looking again at it.

Cheers.

Open: This is a new one on me, and tbh, I don't think I would ever have thought of putting my camera in the fridge! :LOL: An excellent shot, which can't have been easy. What a great take on the theme. (y)

Hard: Several aspects of the theme here (that was *hard* to phrase without sounding very rude!!! :eek: ) - I presume the egg was hard boiled, it's been hit hard, the knife is hard, the shadows are hard. It would have been great to have some motion blur in the knife - but I do like the reflection of the egg shell in the blade. I think a light crop off the top (of the frame, not the egg!) would be good. :)

Another cracking good week for you Jeff. I thought I'd say that before somebody else did! (y)

Jean

I like the concept and am a bit ho hum about the lighting :shrug: But please could you straighten it a touch ;)

It is just a little dark for me. I'd have liked to see more of the knife smashing the top of the egg - great idea though.

love the "Open" shot! I had the exect same idea, but 20mm wasn't quite wide enough to do it any justice....you managed to get it spot on! :)

It's not just here then! That strange three way attraction between golf clubs, ironing boards and Dyson's.

A great bunch of pictures for your 52 mate. Quality stuff. Really like Open. Hard is tad too dark for me (as mentioned by others) but clutter is great. Usually I dislike HDR but it works quite well here.

Will try to tune in more often cos these are good (y)

Hiya Jeff,

I'm doing a bit of a catch-up with commenting on Photo52's that I haven't visited yet, so apologise for the delay in getting to yours.

Week 1: Oooh, I like this one, very moody and almost haunting appeal to it. Good use of lighting and composition is fab.

Week 2: Ouch that looks painful, hope it is better by now. As for the photo, personally I have a thing about feet (not the kind of subject I like to view unless it is of babies feet which are cute and less hairy :LOL:), but from a tog perspective I like the way you have processed the image with the vignette. The light on the inside of the foot looks a tad too light, but in a way is complimented by the dark shadow on the right of the foot.

Week 3: Now that is dedication and not something I would ever dream of doing, but good on you for doing in all in the name of Style and for TP. Technically is that your photo or one that your daughter took ;) :D

Week 4: Great idea for Open, and well executed. Nice sharp image. You do however look a little baffled, is that because there is no beer in the fridge?only a can of 7Up :LOL:

Week 5: Another one I really like. Well composed, especially using the lines of the mat as lead-in lines with a subtle DOF. Also like how you have it positioned so that the shadow of the egg & eggcup cast a shadow where one of the mat lines would be, mainting the continuity. If I'm not mistaken, that is not a knife as some have pointed out, but rather a spoon. Who eats a boiled egg with a knife? :thinking: :LOL: Also great how you have caught the bits of egg shell which emphasises the impact. Great pic, only crit would be to slice a bit of dark space from the top.

Week 6: Wow that is clutter .... looks like a little Sprite has got in there and trashed the place for you :LOL: Good photo, only crit would be ..... it needs a bit of a tidy up :p

I have thoroughly enjoyed looking through and catching up on your first 6 weeks. Now that I have your thread tagged, I have no excuse not to keep up with the coming weeks.

Well done

Cheers

Dawn :)

...Jeff... get that mess cleared up... then you can play with your camera.. !.. actuallly .. NO..don't touch anything...love it.. (y)

Your hard is great and well executed. I'd like to see it a bit closer.

Clutter really interested me off the bat. Nice colouring and crop. What lens was it taken with.

And a big (y) for Titlelist....

Back