PART 1 : Kennysarmy 52.26 Sensual (Pussy) added! ( links on post 1 too )

Delicate is absolutely gorgeous :clap:

May have to treat myself to a rose & have a go !

Missed your clutter week , sorry . Like the shot & whatever HDR is it works on the photo (y)

Really nice shot Jeff, great colours and an even better texture. Was going to try something similar but nobody bought Mrs Sprout any flowers! I was so disappointed and had to rethink my shot.

Hiya Jeff,

What a delightfully delicate rose and you have captured is beautifully, well done.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Very nice shot. Great idea for the lighting - I must try that. You've caught the delicate edges of the rose petals brilliantly. Good use of DOF as well.

Also like your week 6 - almost looks like a painting.

I'm really enjoying your thread. (y)

Great photo for delicate. I like how the red stands out but the green is in shadow. Really highlights what part of the rose you should be looking at.
Amazing what you can do with a single torch for a light source.

Last edited:
Great shot, well composed, and a well restrained use of HDR, brings out the texture in those petals.

Well done

Adie

Can't think of anything to fault on the delicate picture, and it just looks amazing!

Having a quick catch up on my commenting

Chaos faberoony, that is some glory hole you have there. The hdr has worked well, not something I've tried yet, but must give it a go some time.

Delicate - nice. Light painting is fun, and something else I must have a go at again throughout this 52

As a big unliker of selective colouring, I must applaud you on this one (y) Brilliant idea

Very clever, Jeff.

Selective colour does have it's place and this is one of them occasions.

Like the motion blur and great idea to have all the light lit, really adds to the chaotic feeling.

Could you straighten the traffic lights, of are you happy with them?

Cheers.

Hiya Jeff,

This is absolutely brilliant for chaos, and personally I think this is one of my favs for the theme.

I love the selective colouring (all the lights lit at once ..... I dread to think what chaos that would cause), the motion blurr of traffic in all directions just says it all.

Well done :clap:

Cheers

#1 for me, Jeff, nice idea and good blur.

Portrait composition might have added a bit?

Cheers

btw, what does 52.9 a and b mean?

Thanks for your comments.

52.9a is just my way of referncing my 52 week photos:
ie this photo is week 9 of the 52 week challenge and I took two photos for this week and this is shot a)

simples :)

Hiya Jeff,

Yep, #1 for me too. Like the motion blur and the relaxed feel. The only thing for me is that the light from the floor standing lamp seems a tad harsh, but otherwise love the composition and the angle at which you have taken this.

#2 seems a good action shot, although I don't know much about football, or sports photography, but it looks a good photo to me.

Cheers

Hi Jeff,

Firstly, love your chaos shot! Looks really well thought out and I love the colours of the lights - brilliant idea!

For finish I think it's a tough one to choose between the two - 52.9a has a nice feel to it and the blur is perfect, really conveys the theme well; 52.9b is a perfect shot for the finish of a goal - I can feel the suspense of the players just from looking at it..........

So I like both :)

Nice work

Will :D.

Haha, nice shot and perfectly on theme! It would be nice if they all had a nice nose like the one on the right though. Shame you didn't have a wolf to sneak up behind them too!
Cheers
Jonathan

Hiya Jeff,

First thing that came to mind when I saw your trio was "I'll huff and puff till I blow your house down" :D

Love the take on the theme, my only crit would be to have had the shadow behind the piggies as though to make them look like they are running away from the big bad wolf.

Otherwise I think it is a cracking shot.

Cheers

Great 'knowledge shot - bang on theme and I like the way you have used dof it really draws the eye to the encyclopaedias :clap:

Really enjoyed weeks 10 and 11, great balance of lighting in week 10 and good use of DOF in week 11.

Good shot Jeff, wish I had thought to go to the library (2min walk!) Maybe should have removed the double volume for the shot and a slightly increased DOF to include the full set.

Back