weekly Perry's 52 challenge for 2015 week 8 Relax & 9 Vertical Added

ach - cheating! lol however, I like the composition of the 2nd one best but it seems to have circular reflections. So the light in the first one is my preference :)

HI Perry

watery....I'm more drawn to the 2nd one but feel there's something not quite "there" about it .....is it possible to stand on the opposite side ( the same side as the boats ) & get the same view ,? That might give you a clearer view of the boats....just a thought :thinking:

Bold...top marks for shooting in a supermarket :clap: Of the 2 again I prefer #2 for the angle & the in your face bottle :)

Cheapskate! Taking the picture in the supermarket, hm :). I bought mine and took it home...now I've done the picture I'm not sure what to do with it as the wife is allergic to Bold soap powder. Ah well.

Bold - simple, nice bright colours as well, I like it not bad at all for a quick snap in a supermarket. It was the first thing that came into my mind for the theme, but I am struggling for inspiration for the theme.

I seem to have fallen behind :-( will catch up with Relax, Vertical and Mouth ASAP

Relax - going with the black and white version of this one, not often she just sits still and relaxes

Relax by Perry Giffin, on Flickr

Although this was tempting - nothing strange I hear you say

Until you find out she climbed the chest of drawers to get to the top !!

Will try and redo Relax and Vertical at some point if that's allowed..

Now to focus on Mouth

ach - cheating! lol however, I like the composition of the 2nd one best but it seems to have circular reflections. So the light in the first one is my preference :)

Hi Perry - bold - most definitely. Well spotted :)

HI Perry

watery....I'm more drawn to the 2nd one but feel there's something not quite "there" about it .....is it possible to stand on the opposite side ( the same side as the boats ) & get the same view ,? That might give you a clearer view of the boats....just a thought :thinking:

Bold...top marks for shooting in a supermarket :clap: Of the 2 again I prefer #2 for the angle & the in your face bottle :)

Cheapskate! Taking the picture in the supermarket, hm :). I bought mine and took it home...now I've done the picture I'm not sure what to do with it as the wife is allergic to Bold soap powder. Ah well.

Bold - simple, nice bright colours as well, I like it not bad at all for a quick snap in a supermarket. It was the first thing that came into my mind for the theme, but I am struggling for inspiration for the theme.

Many thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Relax - first image for me just a shame about the clipped head, the foundations of a good image.

Vertical - again I feel the first image is the better one of the two, tho I do feel there is room for improvement.

Relax - Love the composition and processing on this. The close up does the subjest justice as any further out would just include more distractions and it's worth breaking the rules sometimes (y)

And @posiview #3 now that I would like to see for your Relax shot :ROFLMAO:

Vertical - #1 for me althpugh it needs straightening a touch and I'd like to see the whole line in focus as the OOF at the bottom is distracting.

Relax. I like it. She does look chilled out. (BTW...was she actually asleep up there in pic 3???)

Vertical. Really like this though I do agree about the very slight CCW rotation.

Good stuff Perry ... love the VW shot. Neat idea for the theme too. (y)

Relax- No 1 for, the conversion works well and gives it a very chilled out feel.

Vertical - Again no 1 although I don't think the chrome strip is quite vertical, Good take on the theme (y)

Hey Perry :)
Relax: What a beautiful shot! Love the B&W and the focus is sharp where you'd want it but it still retains a soft almost fuzzy feel to the whole shot - very nice
Vertical: Definitely the VW shot! Simple, effective composition.......agree it could do with a slight straighten though

Hi Perry,

Relax - this is a lovely shot, she looks nicely relaxed all curled up there.

Vertical - I like the first image best, good fit fr the theme, clean lines and the bright colour works well I agree with Jill about it needing a little straightening though :)

Relax. I like it. She does look chilled out. (BTW...was she actually asleep up there in pic 3???)

Vertical. Really like this though I do agree about the very slight CCW rotation.

Yes she was fast asleep, we thought she was quiet and found her up there, other places she has been found asleep include.

View attachment 32523

View attachment 32524

View attachment 32525

Thanks to everyone else for the comments, will look at straightening the line ;-)

LOL @ the original relaxed Perry, that brings back memories :D

Vertical, yep I like VW badge and the chrome trim, it fits nicely as does your "crashed out" Daughter (y)

Apologies for not commenting on all your shots. Just trying to catch up on a few...

Relax: Great mono shot which fits the theme. i like the crop too (y)

Vertical: The VW badge for me. The line draws the eye perfectly to the badge. Well spotted :)

Vertical - #1 for me. Very simple approach with the red and silver. I could imagine on a bright day the red's would be saturated further to make it jump out

Hi Perry
Really like the 1st edit of relax, a lovely shot!
Vertical - prefer the vw, slightly straightened!
:)

Back