weekly Perry's 52 challenge for 2015 week 8 Relax & 9 Vertical Added

I like the second one to be honest Perry. Beautifully lit, great control of DoF and the pose moves the photo from family-snap into quality-portrait. It's an elegant pose normally seen in... older... ladies and it's quirky seeing it in someone so young. Maybe a bit more room to the right of the photo to give those leading lines (2 arms + 1 leg) some space to lead in to.

:clap:

#2 for me as well :clap:

I had thought of doing something similar as a selfie but I'm maybe a bit too mature to subject you all to my legs :ROFLMAO: :confused:

I like the second one to be honest Perry. Beautifully lit, great control of DoF and the pose moves the photo from family-snap into quality-portrait. It's an elegant pose normally seen in... older... ladies and it's quirky seeing it in someone so young. Maybe a bit more room to the right of the photo to give those leading lines (2 arms + 1 leg) some space to lead in to.

:clap:

Many thanks

#2 for me as well :clap:

I had thought of doing something similar as a selfie but I'm maybe a bit too mature to subject you all to my legs :ROFLMAO: :confused:

Bless ya - thanks for looking

Hi Perry
2 very nice photos for elegant

your edit on #1 is much better.

but #2 clinches it for me, the pose suggest elegance. Nice lighting

Thanks for looking

Both lovely images @p3ryg

Really nice colours in #1

As others have said the pose in #2 is very elegant.

Thanks for looking and commenting

Hi Perry,

I liked the second of the first two shots you posted, but I think #3 wins it for me - it's a lovely pose and you can tell she enjoy being photographed

Hi Perry

Was going to say I preferred 2 of your elegant choices but have just seen the last 2 above and so revise my decision to 3. Love the pose and location. Think this would look good in mono too
:)

Hi Perry,

I liked the second of the first two shots you posted, but I think #3 wins it for me - it's a lovely pose and you can tell she enjoy being photographed

Companions - Nicely captured family shot. I love the fact there's a story behind it with both subjects looking in different directions.

Hi Perry

Was going to say I preferred 2 of your elegant choices but have just seen the last 2 above and so revise my decision to 3. Love the pose and location. Think this would look good in mono too
:)

Many thanks for looking and commenting, will try and edit it when I get a chance.

Hi Perry... some great shots. For companions, it's #1 and #3 for me. Probably with #1 just shading it? Really nice story and image. Very evocative, which is kind of the point of photography!

Elegant - lovely shots of your daughter (my girl is just 1 so I have all that to look forward to!!) and torn between the two.

Keep it up!

Hi Perry... some great shots. For companions, it's #1 and #3 for me. Probably with #1 just shading it? Really nice story and image. Very evocative, which is kind of the point of photography!

Elegant - lovely shots of your daughter (my girl is just 1 so I have all that to look forward to!!) and torn between the two.

Keep it up!

Many thanks for commenting, I have 6 year old and a 15 month old :)

Is the first one part of a car?? Its how paint looks when its been waxed and then rains. If so good idea, wish id thought of it. That one is my preferred because although I like both its something different for the theme.

Watery - the second image for me, I like the composition and the barges add interest to the image.

Thanks again for looking - was torn between the two

Is the first one part of a car?? Its how paint looks when its been waxed and then rains. If so good idea, wish id thought of it. That one is my preferred because although I like both its something different for the theme.

Yep Polo bonnet, as you said waxed and then rained = opportunity

Water droplets...intense colour and abstract lines within. I love it.

2 good watery pictures. Both are good, will choose 1st image for its abstractness.

Winding back to Companions Perry on the catch up!
Companions....
I love the first shot firstly it's got great contrast! Now I don't know what it is about the pose, the composition but I think it's bang on. Looked at this a few time and I don't know what it is about it... And I'm not particularly a big B&W fan either. But this has something I can't put my finger on. It's really tack sharp too, very nice work!

Companions 2, something not sitting right with me on this one. I think it's the angle of the shot. I think the pine furniture is distracting me along with the light from the door panels. I think I'd pull a tight square crop round them both to loose some of the distractions. Good lighting on the children, lovely light in there eyes, bit of movement blur in the hand but nice family shot.

Companions 3, like this shot, interesting shapes here ovals and circles surrounding the children. Nice focus, nice colour, they look like their great pals!

All 3 are good shots but No1 has eclipsed them all, it's a real top notch shot!

Elegant .... Love these! No1 is great lovely splash of colour and looks like she is having great fun!
It's such a lovely photo I'd take the extra time to knock off the following. I'd clone out the bit of persons head above hers and the bit of his leg over her left shoulder that would be so easy to do, and nip out that streak of blue on the left Cobra pointed out then it would be a cracker. Fantastic colours!

No2 is a nice shot, she looks so naturally relaxed a natural looking pose...

I think No1 has it again though after a bit of PP.

Watery .... There's always something about beads of water on a freshly polished car isn't there... Funny how new cars always seem to preserve that for some time before the go off. ( so I'm told never had a new car:eek:) certainly watery!

No2 has eclipsed the show again here, very nice contrast, but it's the reflection of the trees in the lock that does it for me on this one. Really nice canal shot if it wasn't for the second boat in, it could be a shot from 50 years ago.
Really like this! Would be nice to re shoot this in the snow if we get any....

Nice work Perry(y)

Interesting patterns and reflections in the first "watery" Perry,
But I'm going with the canal locks, that's my favourite (y)

Hi, although the first shot is watery the second shot of the canal is much more pleasing to the eye

Winding back to Companions Perry on the catch up!
Companions....
I love the first shot firstly it's got great contrast! Now I don't know what it is about the pose, the composition but I think it's bang on. Looked at this a few time and I don't know what it is about it... And I'm not particularly a big B&W fan either. But this has something I can't put my finger on. It's really tack sharp too, very nice work!

Companions 2, something not sitting right with me on this one. I think it's the angle of the shot. I think the pine furniture is distracting me along with the light from the door panels. I think I'd pull a tight square crop round them both to loose some of the distractions. Good lighting on the children, lovely light in there eyes, bit of movement blur in the hand but nice family shot.

Companions 3, like this shot, interesting shapes here ovals and circles surrounding the children. Nice focus, nice colour, they look like their great pals!

All 3 are good shots but No1 has eclipsed them all, it's a real top notch shot!

Elegant .... Love these! No1 is great lovely splash of colour and looks like she is having great fun!
It's such a lovely photo I'd take the extra time to knock off the following. I'd clone out the bit of persons head above hers and the bit of his leg over her left shoulder that would be so easy to do, and nip out that streak of blue on the left Cobra pointed out then it would be a cracker. Fantastic colours!

No2 is a nice shot, she looks so naturally relaxed a natural looking pose...

I think No1 has it again though after a bit of PP.

Watery .... There's always something about beads of water on a freshly polished car isn't there... Funny how new cars always seem to preserve that for some time before the go off. ( so I'm told never had a new car:eek:) certainly watery!

No2 has eclipsed the show again here, very nice contrast, but it's the reflection of the trees in the lock that does it for me on this one. Really nice canal shot if it wasn't for the second boat in, it could be a shot from 50 years ago.
Really like this! Would be nice to re shoot this in the snow if we get any....

Nice work Perry(y)

What can I say, thank you so much for taking the time to write so much about the pictures, means a lot to me. Thanks again.

Interesting patterns and reflections in the first "watery" Perry,
But I'm going with the canal locks, that's my favourite (y)

Thanks again

Hi, although the first shot is watery the second shot of the canal is much more pleasing to the eye

Thanks for commenting

Hi Perry, both shots fit the theme very well, but I prefer the second :)

Thanks again

Hi Perry ...

I like the rain drops on the blue car. To focus on a much smaller area might make a nice abstract image.

Love your abstract for Watery Perry, would never have guessed it was part of a car. (y)

I like the image of the lock but it seem to be sliding away to the right a little.

Hi Perry ...

I like the rain drops on the blue car. To focus on a much smaller area might make a nice abstract image.
Hi Perry, I really like the second photo for "Watery" Its very peaceful :)

Thanks for commenting

Hi Perry ...

Many thanks

Love your abstract for Watery Perry, would never have guessed it was part of a car. (y)

I like the image of the lock but it seem to be sliding away to the right a little.

Thanks again

Hi Perry

Like the blue watery colour, but think the 2nd canal version just had the edge for me, and I do think the mono conversion adds something extra too.
With your bold images, I prefer the 2nd edit, again I like the blue colours and think the whole of the word bold works better

Bold.

First shot for me.
Does exactly what it says on the tin box!

Hi Perry ...two smashing takes on Watery, I do love abstract, but there's something so timeless about the canal shot that makes it the winner for me.

Bold ....did you buy loads of it or did you take that one in the supermarket :) I think the second one for me, it's just that little bit bolder and eye catching.

#1 for me too Perry, very "bold" of you to post that too :D

Hi Perry

Like the blue watery colour, but think the 2nd canal version just had the edge for me, and I do think the mono conversion adds something extra too.
With your bold images, I prefer the 2nd edit, again I like the blue colours and think the whole of the word bold works better

Many thanks for commenting

Hi Perry

Watery - another vote for number 2.
Like to mono conversion, nice refections.

Bold
love it... simples

Thanks again

Bold.

First shot for me.
Does exactly what it says on the tin box!

Hi Perry ...two smashing takes on Watery, I do love abstract, but there's something so timeless about the canal shot that makes it the winner for me.

Bold ....did you buy loads of it or did you take that one in the supermarket :) I think the second one for me, it's just that little bit bolder and eye catching.

Thanks for commenting, must confess I was in the supermarket with my phone and had one of those eureka moments when going down the washing aisle

#1 for me too Perry, very "bold" of you to post that too :D

Very kind of you to say :)

Last edited:
Yeah, on theme, but I feel you could have taken it to a different level. Composition and detail are fine, but maybe getting closer to get a more abstract interpretation.

Cheers.

Yeah, on theme, but I feel you could have taken it to a different level. Composition and detail are fine, but maybe getting closer to get a more abstract interpretation.

Cheers.

No problem, just felt a little awkward trying to take a picture in the middle of a supermarket :)

Hey Perry
Watery: First one for me - no be colours and abstract

Bold: sure is! Nice and sharp for a sneaky supermarket shot - good one!

Back