PhiltheJuggler's 52! - The '52 - Part 1 - weeks 1-27

Phil, sorry for being contrary but looking at the original for beginnings, I prefer that one:LOL:. Your updated image is well lit and composed but the shadow from the flower which falls on the model's arm is quite distracting IMHO.
I like your image for art, the processing does give it nice tones, the good light and strong composition are spot on too.
Just as an aside, I was under the impression we had to start a new thread for the second part of the 52 :thinking:. Iain

Hi Phil, I was wondering where you were. It is not like you to be late.

I actually like both of your beginning shots although they are a bit of a stretch for the theme. Your reject is really too small to make out clearly, but for the other one, I find the flower and its shadow quite distracting. The composition and lighting are excellent.

Art, I really love. The treatment that you have given it makes it something quite special.

Jenny

Many thanks both - I agree about the shadow of the flower, but I find myself forgiving this thanks to the rich lighting.

If you want to look at the original beginning choice, click on it - I'll make it a hyperlink now...

I'm delighted you both like 'art' - it is one shot I confess to being rather proud of!

Are we supposed to do a '52 part 2 thread then????

Phil

I think it is something to do with only being able to change the title line 26 times.

Jenny

Aaaaah....right....I'll start a new thread for this week's effort!

Phil

Phil, I like the look and feel of Beginnings... the only thing is... I'm not sure on the shadow of the flower on her arm... I like the way the flower itself follows the line of her top.

Art, excellent... I really like that, very well lit.

Phil, I like the look and feel of Beginnings... the only thing is... I'm not sure on the shadow of the flower on her arm... I like the way the flower itself follows the line of her top.

Art, excellent... I really like that, very well lit.

Many thanks - I've now lightened the shadow by one stop - I feel it helps a little.

Phil

i like both your portrait shots Phil although in begginings i find the part piece of the pot a little distracting, i think either more on non would help.
I cant fault your art shot, its great, i love the tones the composition and the pose of the model. i might be tempted to take a pair of scissorst to the models eye lashes and whip half a centimetre off them:LOL:

i like both your portrait shots Phil although in begginings i find the part piece of the pot a little distracting, i think either more on non would help.
I cant fault your art shot, its great, i love the tones the composition and the pose of the model. i might be tempted to take a pair of scissorst to the models eye lashes and whip half a centimetre off them:LOL:

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah - I was amazed when she said she only had her short false eyelashes on!

Phil

You are right to be pleased with "art"

It is a great picture. The lighting and the processing are spot on. The pose is great with all the curves leading you around the frame. Also shows that eyes don't always have to be open (y) I'm not too struck on the border though but thats just my personal view.

Andy

Beginnings: (brace yourself) - not your best, especially having seen your next shot; which i will get to. The fingers are cut off, there are a few blemishes that could be removed, not loving the pose, plant pot in or out rather than creeping in, not keen on the crop of the leg.
SORRY! That being said I am no expert and feel free to tell me to go run and jump ;)
the reason I was so critical on this shot is because of the next.

ART: Excellent processing, nice feel, good posing - works well in this instance, evne though the top of the hand is clipped it doesnt detract from the image, although she might benefit from a tad more room to breathe within the frame.
This shot is a wonderful example of what you can do ;)

Beginnings - I'm not quite sure about this. There is a lot to like - the pose, expression and warm evening lighting, but I find the OOF fence(?) in the bg and her tatoo just a bit too distracting.

Art is just stunning - in spite of the eyelashes :clap::clap::clap:

I agree with Tracer re Beginnings but only because ART is such a fantastic shot in contrast. The sepia gives an ageless quality, although the lashes are a bit over the top. Perhaps ask her to use thinner ones next time?

Turn it landscape and you've also got a shot for Relaxation :D

Beginnings - I'm not quite sure about this. There is a lot to like - the pose, expression and warm evening lighting, but I find the OOF fence(?) in the bg and her tatoo just a bit too distracting.

Art is just stunning - in spite of the eyelashes :clap::clap::clap:

The only problem with coming in late to a thread, is that everything I wanted to say has already been said.
I think Tracer has it spot on here. I like beginnings, but it's just not a wow shot - a few little things not quite there. But art is just beautiful. Absolutely love this and I bet the model was over the moon.

Thanks for all the comments - '52 continues on a new thread......

Part 2 here

Last edited:
I love the colouring in the art shot.very artistic. Well done. I'm not so keen on the beginnings photo- the ladys arm is too busy with the tattoo and shadow and distracts from the rest of the image which is lovely.
Sue

Back