photo hosting

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
i have been using flikr for ages but now there seems to be something going on recently with non uploads quite small files
i have the free one with 250 more photos allowed...and delete occassionally shots which i dont need again.. so paying doesnt seem a viable option
i would like to just use a free site as i dont take photos with a view to sales..
any advice or encouragement would help...

Couple pop to mind (there are probably more...)
500px - limited to 20 uploads per week on free account. Don't think there is a limit on total number of images.
imgur

Google photos is free and unlimited at the moment; I believe there is a size limit of 16 megapixels though:

https://photos.google.com/

flickr is not always very stable so that may be the reason you've been having problems; going forward you should still be able to host 1000 photos is my understanding

I thought google photos was unlimited to only those with google pixel phones? or am i mistaken?

Couple pop to mind (there are probably more...)
500px - limited to 20 uploads per week on free account. Don't think there is a limit on total number of images.
imgur

Google photos is free and unlimited at the moment; I believe there is a size limit of 16 megapixels though:

https://photos.google.com/

flickr is not always very stable so that may be the reason you've been having problems; going forward you should still be able to host 1000 photos is my understanding

best advice thanks...i will sweat it out for a bit as i really am just having phun with my camera nothing too serious
20 loads a week...just now i am doing a bit less...doing oldies

16Mp...will check...most larger ones are under 10 with two stitches at 18...i would resize..
i put a shot on google and tried to share but it only showed as the link
does google do a forum link as in "BB"?

thanks chaps....got something to work on now

I thought google photos was unlimited to only those with google pixel phones? or am i mistaken?

I don't have a Google phone but I can upload unlimited photos via my Google account - however if they are larger than 16 megapixel Google automatically downsizes them.

You can upload the full size but that counts against your Google Drive quota so then it's no longer unlimited.

Here's a test album I just uploaded: https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOpkKB_LW9iHpuVXo5dGDglVeIGErnYAN-GFk_k

Nah, anyone can get unlimited storage if you use their compression algorithms (which are, frankly, very very good).

The only hassle, last time I checked, was that you can't link to them to post in forums which will be a bit of an issue for many people on here...

If you look in the Testing at the bottom of the forum, you will see you can link Google Photos.

Can you elaborate? It would be very useful if you could link in the same way as you can link to flickr photos, but I can't figure it out.

Back