Photo52 2010 - Week 1

SimonTALM

Linford Christie
Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I thought I'd give everyone a little extra time for the first week.

The first theme for the 2010 Photo 52 is....

Grunge (only joking ;))

The real first theme for 2010 is

Curved

Enjoy this I can't promise next week's will be as easy :LOL:

As a reminder to those new

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Wait for the theme to be announced (watch the Competitions, Challenges and Inspiration section) (I've done this; you are reading the thread ;) )
2) Think about your the theme and how you want to photograph it
3) Take your Photo
4) Create yourself your own special thread for your own 52 in the The Projects, Personal Challenges and Themes section (that's under the General Photo Sharing)
5) Share your photo and your reasons for taking it plus if you feel like sharing what you learned this week
6) Take a look at some of the other 52s and post a few comments to encourage your fellow 52ers
7) Wait for the next theme to be announced (The second theme will be announced on the weekend of 9th / 10th )
8) Repeat steps 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 until the end of the year

When is it due Simon?

I'm tempted to leave it to the last minute so it feels like a 365 shot... :coat:

Whenever you want it due, there are no rules other than the ones you define. Personally I'm aiming to get my shot taken between Monday and Sunday.

The only thing to keep in mind is that the next theme is pulled next Weekend (probably Sunday)

Whenever you want it due, there are no rules other than the ones you define. Personally I'm aiming to get my shot taken between Monday and Sunday.

The only thing to keep in mind is that the next theme is pulled next Weekend (probably Sunday)

Ah ok, cheers. Obviously next week is really week 1. I'll attempt to have it shot and posted between Monday and Sunday. I think my limit will be Sunday night 12pm as a deadline. :D

Oooh shiney, can't wait to get at it. Great opener too, not restrictive, I was expecting something evil.

Thought I'd look in and check the first week out. A good one to get you all started, have fun and happy new year to you all.

Mark

Curves is good, *So* many interpretations of the word alone... not to mention meanings.

Arthur

aaaagh, I haven't finished this year's yet :(

Still got Texture to do. :D

Happy New Year Simon and welcome to all the NooBs :wave:

Interesting start...
I'll try and get this done before the next theme is pulled, but it will have to be on my compact untill my SLR is fixed

Having serious issues with loading from my card reader & NX just will not open! Unless I get it fixed fairly quickly I think I will have to pull out.

Ahhh now that sounds fun and fits nicely with my aims for the year. Nothing like settig yourself up for a fall at the first hurdle eh ;). Good luck all. Charlie I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't worry about posting it up late if it takes time to sort out either.

Wow, here we go, I still feel exhausted after completing my 365 for 2009, but this should be fun ;)

Well here I go. This'll be an interesting (and I guess exceptionally frustrating) thing for me to do. I'm not exactly the most 'left brained' person in the world so I'm hoping this will not only encourage me to get out and about more with the camera but also think a little more about what I'm shooting. Good luck everyone, hope you all have fun and thanks to SimonTALM for arranging this.

Having serious issues with loading from my card reader & NX just will not open! Unless I get it fixed fairly quickly I think I will have to pull out.

We've got over a week until the next theme's pulled . . . and if it's not fixed by then it really doesn't matter if you start a bit late.
I didn't join 2009's until week 26 - and they didn't even make me catch up on the ones I'd missed ;)

Be a shame if you don't join in Charlie. I've been looking forward to seeing if you can fit your squirrels into some of the themes.

I was going to start a 52 of my own but guessed I'd run out of themes fairly quickly... may as well try this one!

I was going to use my own themes but figured that'd be too easy as I'd be picking themes that I knew I wanted to shoot, this will prove much more of a challenge which is perfect for me :D

I was going to use my own themes but figured that'd be too easy as I'd be picking themes that I knew I wanted to shoot, this will prove much more of a challenge which is perfect for me :D

That's very true! It's annoying though.. I'd already taken one for this week but now I need to take another one!

Far more challenging though... which is a good thing!

Being my first 52 I'm really looking forward to it and Curved feels like a good beginning, the Mrs isn't playing ball though and told me to **** *** with my first idea :LOL:

Being my first 52 I'm really looking forward to it and Curved feels like a good beginning, the Mrs isn't playing ball though and told me to **** *** with my first idea :LOL:

:LOL: mine too :( Best start looking for plan C then...

Up & running again folks. Looking forward to the challenge!

Hmms, anyone know how to photograph the entire flight of a golf ball? Based on yesterdays performance this theme could be perfect for me... blasted things can't be round.

Looking forward to this. I'm as organised as a brick and only just found this thread. You will have fun mocking my abilities to meet deadlines and my haphazard interpretations on these themes. Should be a good laugh (maybe) Best of luck to you all.

BTW Wasn't there going to be a list of 52'ers mad enough to do this challenge for us to be able to click links to give comments???

I've taken the plunge and decided to go for it
the discipline will be good (noooooooooooooooooooo!)

good luck to all
and apologies if I don't get round to commenting on everyone's efforts

I might try and do this again. Failed miserably last year. I thought I'd wait to see what the first theme was and as I've had an idea I'll give it a go. Whether the idea works or not is entirely different.

Good luck everyone.

Back