Photo52 2011 - Wk 48 Cute added

just a little rebalancing of the composition with a crop off the right hand side
it would be a great help...as it is to me...to get to grips with some pp...so you can 'cheat' like the rest of us
cheers
geof

I like :)

The colour combination is good and, I like the lighting too. The softness could possibly have been avoided by focussing on the centre of the vase or by closing the aperture a little. Nothing wrong with the composition to my mind either.

Hi Tina

colours, shapes, and composition work really well for me :) there's a nice 'feeling' about your image, and the DOF adds interest.

I'd like to have your vase a bit sharper, but either way, I think this image is very nice :)

Hi Tina

colours, shapes, and composition work really well for me :) there's a nice 'feeling' about your image, and the DOF adds interest.

I'd like to have your vase a bit sharper, but either way, I think this image is very nice :)

Thanks Maria - it seems composition is something I'm not too bad at...but anything else leaves much to be desired :LOL:

Hi Tina, Stop putting yourself down. Thats a great image. Pleasing to the eye. The composition is really good, great combination of colours and I like the soft focus of the backdrop.
Great work Tina(y)

Martin

'cheat'? Surely not ;) About the only thing I can do is crop!! :LOL: Thanks for stopping by and being kind enough to pass your opinion.

well its a start..next is clone...
i never get a shot that doesnt need some help
cheers
geof:love:

Hiya Tina,

If only my library looked so organised .... :LOL: I would be able to find the books I am looking for. However I see your take on the theme.

I found myself zooming in to see what lit you have there..... (sad I know) but was amazed that the only books I would relate to are the 'Ruth Rendell' books.

If that is your clutter, can you come round and organise mine some time? :LOL: It would be greatly appreciated :D

Lovely photo, and actually has a very relaxing appeal to it.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Tina,

If only my library looked so organised .... :LOL: I would be able to find the books I am looking for. However I see your take on the theme.

I found myself zooming in to see what lit you have there..... (sad I know) but was amazed that the only books I would relate to are the 'Ruth Rendell' books.

If that is your clutter, can you come round and organise mine some time? :LOL: It would be greatly appreciated :D

Lovely photo, and actually has a very relaxing appeal to it.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Given the speed at which you move I'm glad to have relaxed you ;) I'm sure I could have found more tasteless clutter :D

ps. I'd have zoomed in also :LOL:

Given the speed at which you move I'm glad to have relaxed you ;) I'm sure I could have found more tasteless clutter :D

ps. I'd have zoomed in also :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

(y)

D x

Tina
another great take on the theme. Really gets you looking around. Have you mastered the wine bottle puzzle?

Tina that's the neatest bit of clutter I have seen in a long time :D good shot though like the lighting well done ;)

Like the clutter shot, although the word organised entered my mind :LOL:

2009 day to day diary, could be considered clutter, can't see that being much use now :D

Wow if that's cluttered I wonder what that makes my room? That said, I like the photo, the shadows give it a sense of depth, the top shelf looks great but a bit too much reflections on the bottom shelf which looks blown out and distracting.

Cheers, Kaz

Wow if that's cluttered I wonder what that makes my room? That said, I like the photo, the shadows give it a sense of depth, the top shelf looks great but a bit too much reflections on the bottom shelf which looks blown out and distracting.

Cheers, Kaz

I think I've chosen the meaning that clutter is 'that we keep but never need or likely to' :) I agree about the lower shelf, now you mention it...perhaps I should have closed the curtains :thinking:

Well this has a great deal of intepretation :D But I find the delicacy of these willow (I think) buds just amazing. The trees can be huge but the buds so finely drawn by nature.

5443458750_7108bd8167_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya,

Lovely natural take on the theme for this week and agree with comments already made. Hoever I think I would have cropped a bit off the right and top and I also find the OOF bit on the left a bit distracting. Not sure, but think a slight sharpen might help.

But as already mentioned a lovely smooth bit of bokeh going on there.

Well done.

Cheers

Dawn

Hiya,

Lovely natural take on the theme for this week and agree with comments already made. Hoever I think I would have cropped a bit off the right and top and I also find the OOF bit on the left a bit distracting. Not sure, but think a slight sharpen might help.

But as already mentioned a lovely smooth bit of bokeh going on there.

Well done.

Cheers

Dawn

Thought I'd been quite daring with my sharpening - clearly not! That white splodge wasn't so obvious in the camera but seemed to grow as I cropped!

Thanks for your crit :)

I like the image, the shadows give depth, top shelf looks good but a bit 'too much glare on the bottom shelf that seems to jump out and distraction.

Yes, I know what you mean about that, I was using natural light and think that contributed to this. Thanks for looking and taking time to critique :)

Hi, Tina, what lens did you use for your 'delicate' photograph?

I like how the lower branch (?) seems to be supporting the one above it. Nice autumnal colours as well.

A bit off the right for me and the LH white bit does tend to distract me a little.

Cheers.

Hi, Tina, what lens did you use for your 'delicate' photograph?

I like how the lower branch (?) seems to be supporting the one above it. Nice autumnal colours as well.

A bit off the right for me and the LH white bit does tend to distract me a little.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, I took this with my 50mm f1.4.

It constantly amazes me how an image changes over time! I find that bright patch on the left most annoying myself now. Part of the learning process :thinking:

Hi Andy, I took this with my 50mm f1.4.

It constantly amazes me how an image changes over time! I find that bright patch on the left most annoying myself now. Part of the learning process :thinking:

Absolutely, 100% true.

When I look back at some of my earlier work (you know, 8 months ago...:LOL:), I am stunned by the lack of composition, detail, focus, contrast, etc, etc, etc...

Cheers.

Hi Tina
I was waiting for someone to involve books in the clutter theme. from someone who has nearly 200 books stacked next to my desk, to me books make the best type of clutter, which is why yours really appeals to me. (Dan Brown though? shame on you)!
Your delicate is also a very easy on the eye.

Tina, I love your photo! I really like the colours and the bokeh's wonderful. The only thing I might suggest is a different crop; just a bit more space above perhaps. Great shot, and lovely for this week's theme! (y)

Tina, I love your photo! I really like the colours and the bokeh's wonderful. The only thing I might suggest is a different crop; just a bit more space above perhaps. Great shot, and lovely for this week's theme! (y)

Thanks Sanna, I'm glad you like it. I wasn't sure about the branch below in the composition, the bokeh is all about the lovely lens! Nothing to do with me ;)

Hi Tina
I was waiting for someone to involve books in the clutter theme. from someone who has nearly 200 books stacked next to my desk, to me books make the best type of clutter, which is why yours really appeals to me. (Dan Brown though? shame on you)!
Your delicate is also a very easy on the eye.

Having read Dan Brown I can condemn ;) That is just a slice of my book 'collection', the majority are littered around with 'good' books in one place, 'trash' in another...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

hi

sorry i've not critted your work in a few weeks... I liked your delecate shot but the subject seems a little bright to the bottom left especially and also it's maybe oversharpened... but im viewing on my rubbish work lap top so that may not be true! LOL but let's assume it is!

I'd have loved to see the same thing but with a dark green background... maybe not poss but just think it would have stood out much better!

Now off to the drawing board for my delecate idea.... really strugling this week!

Mark

hi

sorry i've not critted your work in a few weeks... I liked your delecate shot but the subject seems a little bright to the bottom left especially and also it's maybe oversharpened... but im viewing on my rubbish work lap top so that may not be true! LOL but let's assume it is!

I'd have loved to see the same thing but with a dark green background... maybe not poss but just think it would have stood out much better!

Now off to the drawing board for my delecate idea.... really strugling this week!

Mark

Hmmm, Dawn thought it needed more sharpening but I thought I'd already been rather aggressive :naughty:

I agree (now) that the composition could be better but it was taken on the edge of the local golf course and with the dog running on the end of his extending lead attached to my waist!!!

Good luck with yours

Back