Photography courses

Lesco thanks for that I'm on the beginers 1 next weekend and am looking forward to it. I live in Cricklade so don't have far to travel.

Im only up the road in Swindon, as soon as work quitens down a bit Im going to book some more courses, they do a very landscape and portrait course and some photoshop and lightroom courses as well

Did the Portrait course at Cricklade the other weekend and it was very good. Just 4 on the course. Hope to do the second part when they fix up a date.

I have also subscribed to the practical Photography £10 boot camp via TopCashBack. However, it does appear from the description that after the 6 issues you will automatically be billed £23 for the next 6 issues and that you can't cancel after the first 6 as it is a 12 month contract.
From the site:

Without notice your subscription will continue with payments taken every 6 months at a rate of £23 by direct debit, 10% discount off the cover price. The minimum term for this offer is 6 months. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. You must supply your email address at the time of subscribing to receive the email part of the DSLR tutorial. This offer closes 4th March 2011.

Offer closes 04 March 2011. REF: BWLB. Minimum term is 12 months.

http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/photography/practical-photography-magazine.html

I may have read it wrong, but be aware.

I think that's the subscription to get the free back pack, I suppose it makes sense for them to claw some money back for giving away something that costs £72.99.

That's how I read it anyway. When you pay for the course subscription it does say " one off payment of £10 "

I hope so but it is definitely says that under the "6 Issues of Practical Photography + 6 module DSLR course = Just £10" heading

Fingers crossed I'm wrong

Yes, the £10 thing is right. I paid on the card, and didn't set up a DD, so it's definately £10. I am looking forward to it.

Yippee
xx

£10.00
6 Months Direct Debit + DSLR Course (then 10% off all your copies thereafter)
£34 per year

£10.00
One off Payment (6 issues) by Credit/Debit Card + DSLR Course
£15 (6 issues)

I copied this from your link. These were the two options, I did the bottom one that says one of payment. I assume I'm only signing up for 6 issues! But we'll see.

I did this too.

As far as I understand it, the subscription expires after 6 issues if you paid by card. The DD version would continue on unless you cancel.

That's what I took from it anyway...

Did the Portrait course at Cricklade the other weekend and it was very good. Just 4 on the course. Hope to do the second part when they fix up a date.

Wow Roger that was some drive for you, glad you enjoyed the course, they run course through the year and are very good, once work quitens down for me Ill be booking some more

i signed up last night, paid £10 for the 6 mags... dont really now what to expect though as it doesn't tell you so much about it... although for £10 i guess you cant go wrong!

Oh no, I just tried to buy the Practical Photography Boot Camp course and it says the offer has finished! I can still buy the magazine though, right? The course will be in there, yes?:shrug: I really hope it won't be too hard to get hold of...
xx

Oh no, I just tried to buy the Practical Photography Boot Camp course and it says the offer has finished! I can still buy the magazine though, right? The course will be in there, yes?:shrug: I really hope it won't be too hard to get hold of...
xx

The subscription offer of £10 for the six issues has finished, but you'll still be able to buy the magazine. :)

Last edited:
JODmeister said:
I've just joined another Flickr bootcamp?....which is the 'official' one?

JOD.

NB: I signed up quite some time ago but have had no email response at all?

This is the 2011 one. I think the other one on flickr is from last **?

1. You can pay for this OU course in Tesco vouchers. 1 Tesco pound voucher = £3 in OU vouchers. I have paid for the course in this way. I am registered to start the course in May. Once you have your student number you can apply for an NUS card (£11). I have read that many people have used this card to purchase Adobe Student versions of their software - Photoshop, Lightroom, etc - for much reduced prices. I intend to try this myself.

You don't need to pay for the NUS card, a scan of your T189 letter is sufficient for Adobe.

So with Tesco clubcard vouchers its the cheapest way to buy Lightroom! And as a bonus you get an introductory photography course - oh and a copy of Photoshop Elements to keep (v.8).

The course is basic (if well written and structured), entirely online, and the only feedback you will get is from other students and as a result highly variable and inconsistent. Still, what did you expect for £45...? On the bright side, you can take it at your own pace (with a couple of fixed deadlines).

I think T189 is being discontinued by the OU, and in any case there are no follow-on courses...

I signed up for it last night. I got the £10 deal as well although don't get the mag starting till may so will definitely have to buy the April one

My dad did too

The goblin said:
Hi

Some of you have added me as contacts in the Flickr group, I'm not ignoring you I've just not had a minute to get on there. I'm still new to Flickr so still trying to figure it out!

Not sure who is on this thread and the PP thread!

Just to let you all know I have set up a flickr group for those who are doing the T189 course starting in May 2011. Please feel free to join and enjoy! To find it just put in T189 course and you'll find it
Enjoy!

Does anyone have the linktothe £10 deal plese

Sent from my iPad using TP Forums

I think that deal is over. I got mine from greatmagazines.co.uk.

(y)
Experience Seminars are brilliant courses or you can get the DVD from then about the Canon of your choice.
Hope I am not standing on anyone's toes with this post.
Simon

Back