Photography Seminars

Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone.

I have contacted a well know photographer who is doing a photography seminar in London very soon. We had a chat over Whats app yesterday and he confirmed I was selected for the course.

What I was wondering is has anyone ever done a seminar with a well know internation wedding photographer and if so what are your experiences?

Also the course costs $2500 AUD which I thought was damn expensive for a 2 day course.

Please let me know your thoughts

:eek: How much !!!!!!!!!!!! Blimey :crying:

At that price I'm not surprised that he selected you:)

See there the problem... The cost of the training could contribute towards a new body. But on the other hand, the training could take me photography skills up a few notches which would pay itself.

But I can't justify the fee....

That makes photographic degree course look like a bargain.

Now I know who attends these seminars.

Last edited:
I'm doing a 4 day, 1 to 1 workshop in Oct this year which comes in at under £1000 for the time of the workshop provider (he is fairly well known - though this isn't a guarantee of quality of course, but his reviews are excellent), accommodation and food. Your 2 day seminar works out at around £400 more than my 4 day, 1 to 1 workshop - you could do 2 days on a similar workshop and still have plenty of change to put toward a new body.

Reactions: TG.
See there the problem... The cost of the training could contribute towards a new body. But on the other hand, the training could take me photography skills up a few notches which would pay itself.

But I can't justify the fee....

It is without doubt an enormously expensive course, but the training would likely improve you more than a new camera body would unless you are massively limited by the equipment you use.

What would you get most value out of?

It isn't an easy choice. Personally I'm sceptical about seminars (as opposed to actual hands on training)' the speaker may be inspirational and charismatic but it doesn't always follow that s /he is actually good at the craft side or even successful on the business side - there can be much more profit from the seminars than from the actual photography - and it doesn't even follow that you will be able to gain much benefit anyway, unless your are able to work in the same market sector.
And from what you've said, this seminar seems to have the smell of snake oil...

I'm all in favor of paying for good quality training, you just need to be sure what it is you want to get out of it, and that the provider can...err...provide it (At a price your happy with.)
The best photographers are not necessarily the best tutors.

I'm doing a 4 day, 1 to 1 workshop in Oct this year which comes in at under £1000 for the time of the workshop provider (he is fairly well known - though this isn't a guarantee of quality of course, but his reviews are excellent), accommodation and food. Your 2 day seminar works out at around £400 more than my 4 day, 1 to 1 workshop - you could do 2 days on a similar workshop and still have plenty of change to put toward a new body.

Where is this course please, and do you have a link to the guys website.

That's probably not a bad rate for tailored 1-1 hands-on tuition. For a seminar, though.. no way. Got a link?

I've done the odd group workshop with some well known photographers. They've varied from complete waste of time to containing a few useful nuggets.

I've also done some tailored 1-1 hands-on tuition and that's been much more worthwhile.

Back