1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't forget to change the clocks on your camera equipment!

Dismiss Notice
  3. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a long-standing member, Just Dave.

Dave Barker was a member of Talk Photography for nearly 10 years, and was a prominent member for most of those.
    A very warm, friendly and enthusiastic member, he spent the largest portion of his time on TP welcoming and helping others.

I'm sure all visitors to this site will join us in thanking Dave for his unwavering support and being a large part of our community.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Click here to join in the discussion

Dismiss Notice
  1. Chipper

Chipper

Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi there. I wonder if Anybody knows when all the programmes, including the Canon programme, will be out? I usually only go for 1 day and don't want to book the wrong day. ( I searched to see if anybody had started this thread and nothing came up.)

2. rob-nikon

rob-nikon

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Usually they are released sometime in February/March. Often waiting means discount codes are released by sponsors around the same time. It looks like the details of some of the photography shows own talks are yet to be released too.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. Box Brownie

Box Brownie

Edit My Images:
    No
    Why not email Canon and ask them, afteral they are the only ones that know when they will publish their "programme of events" ;)

4. Chipper

Chipper

Edit My Images:
    No
    I went on their website and the only info there was a single page about it to encourage people to come. I will have another look - contact links I tried didn't seem to offer an email. Thanks

5. shumicse

shumicse

Name:
    selenajain
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Sorry but dont know the date and even after Googling it I didnt get any answer!

6. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    What's this? Is this the one hosted in Birmingham?

7. rob-nikon

rob-nikon

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    thats right its the one at the NEC in March . It was formally Focus on Imaging.

jonneymendoza likes this.
  8. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm down. Gonna book tickets

9. Phil V

Phil V

Name:
    Phil
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The talks schedule isn't usually announced until about a month out. And even then is subject to change.

10. old bloke

old bloke

Name:
    bob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    www.thephotographyshow.com
    18-21 march there is a list of exhibitors on the webpage and Canon is listed, I shall be going, will decide which day nearer the time when full list of events is known.

11. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
  12. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm up for the full 4 days if anyone is interested in meeting for some food/drinks or even just for an evening photo walk. Staying in a hotel next to the NEC

Bebop, Chipper and jonneymendoza like this.
  13. Delta Skies

Delta Skies

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Does anyone know of any discount codes please? I've seen/used them in the past but not noticed anything this year.

Edit ............. Ignore me. I've found a few different ones after a quick google or even opening up a photo mag. Brings it down by £3. (y)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  14. Geoff Moore

Geoff Moore

Name:
    Geoff
    Edit My Images:
    No
    @Delta Skies Are they multi use discount codes? nudge nudge wink wink :)

15. Delta Skies

Delta Skies

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    @Geoff Moore - Yes they are - Just google "photography show 2017 discount code" and you'll see a few different ones. For example Nikon have "NIKTPS17". They usually seem to end "17" but if you see one for a previous year you could always try changing 15 or 16 to 17

16. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Is this for show tickets, or hotel discounts?

17. Delta Skies

Delta Skies

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Tim, It gives you £3 entry per person for daily tickets. I think you may find better bargains elsewhere on the internet for £3 off a hotel room though LOL.

Also it's worth doing a search from previous year's threads on TP for alternatives to the £12 parking fee at the NEC.

18. connersz

connersz

Name:
    Jamie
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm debating whether to go this year or not. I usually do and don't get me wrong, it is worth it. I just don't know if every year is too much.

I usually spend a couple of hours there looking around the stalls, negotiate my annual paper discount then leave.

19. vetonbike

vetonbike

Name:
    Melvyn
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Just read Delta Skies post. £12 to park. Last time I went to Focus parking was free.

20. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Do people bring there cameras to test out stuff there?

21. Simon Kitt

Simon Kitt

Name:
    Simon
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I do but not only to try lenses but also for the 5 point clean that ACS do for £40.

22. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I got my trade pass, just wondered if there was a discount for hotels nearby. I've booked the premier inn now, so only a 30min walk. Think I'm going to take my massive holdall with me though in case I get trigger happy with the credit card.

bigearl91 likes this.
  23. old bloke

old bloke

Name:
    bob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Last year I parked in the rail station carpark I can't remember the exact figure but I know it was a lot cheaper, and it's a short walk over the bridge to the exhibition hall.

24. redhed17

redhed17

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I had an email from Canon the other day offering a competition to win pairs of free tickets, or register before the 15th March 2017 to receive £3 off using the discount code CATPS17.

I think I did a search for money off codes last year and found one from NEC (monitors) which took a few £'s off.

I don't think I'll be going. I only went last year to see the Nikon D500. :)

25. ralphhardwick

ralphhardwick

Name:
    Ralph
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've now got my trade pass and will be attending talks Sunday PM and Monday Tuesday AM. I'm also staying in the Premier Inn Sunday & Monday if you fancy meeting up for a beer?

26. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Excellent. I will PM you my details.

ralphhardwick likes this.
  27. LongLensPhotography

LongLensPhotography

Name:
    Truth Teller
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Free parking at Marston Green station - train for nominal fee takes 2 min to NEC. Don't feed the greedy car parks.

P.S. Anyone got their tickets yet?

old bloke likes this.
  28. old bloke

old bloke

Name:
    bob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Earlier in the thread I said that last year I parked at Birmingham International because it was a lot cheaper, well I just checked it's the same £12 during the week and £9 at the weekend
    so no longer a bargain, so thank's Truth teller I will check this out.

29. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    No. Still waiting for mine to turn up. Getting itchy now.

30. Chipper

Chipper

Edit My Images:
    No
    It said in my email confirmation that they would be sent out 2 weeks before hand or a bring a copy of the email.

31. st599

st599

Edit My Images:
    No
    Yes, for some reason you see people laden with camera equipment trudging round a trade show. And if there's a hint of a female model it's like a charging herd of elephants.

Marcus Geezer and jonneymendoza like this.
  32. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    I was browsing the ticket prices for this and my missus saw me and said stop don't buy cuz I already bought u tickets for your Valentine's day lol. Surprise!

33. architectfadi

architectfadi

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Lucky man you are

Phil V likes this.
  34. tysing

tysing

Name:
    Tyrone
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

She's a keeper!!

35. the black fox

the black fox

Name:
    Jeff
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Taking pics of the comicon people is probably the best bits .not totally sure about going yet but it's a possibility

36. rob-nikon

rob-nikon

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  37. Eloise

Eloise

Name:
    Eloise
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If you're visiting the Photography Show on Saturday or Sunday ... might be worth a visit to Birmingham Comic Con which is also on the same weekend. Lots of Cosplayers like having their photo taken if you like to do that kind of thing.

I remember years ago (back in the early 90s) when Jessops used to run the NEC photo show one year it was the same weekend as Clothes Show Live and you could borrow lenses (basically a refundable CC scan for the cost of the lens) from people like Sigma to test out for the day at the fashion shows.

Phiggys likes this.
  38. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Yea I'm visiting on the weekend

39. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
  40. rob-nikon

rob-nikon

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes they are free stand talks. Usually it's a case of getting to them early enough to get a seat or room to stand. Nikons stand was open on all sides last year whilst canons was like an enclosed theatre.