Photography Show 2017

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
Hi there. I wonder if Anybody knows when all the programmes, including the Canon programme, will be out? I usually only go for 1 day and don't want to book the wrong day. ( I searched to see if anybody had started this thread and nothing came up.)

Usually they are released sometime in February/March. Often waiting means discount codes are released by sponsors around the same time. It looks like the details of some of the photography shows own talks are yet to be released too.

Last edited:
Why not email Canon and ask them, afteral they are the only ones that know when they will publish their "programme of events" ;)

I went on their website and the only info there was a single page about it to encourage people to come. I will have another look - contact links I tried didn't seem to offer an email. Thanks

Hi there. I wonder if Anybody knows when all the programmes, including the Canon programme, will be out? I usually only go for 1 day and don't want to book the wrong day. ( I searched to see if anybody had started this thread and nothing came up.)

The talks schedule isn't usually announced until about a month out. And even then is subject to change.

I'm up for the full 4 days if anyone is interested in meeting for some food/drinks or even just for an evening photo walk. Staying in a hotel next to the NEC

Does anyone know of any discount codes please? I've seen/used them in the past but not noticed anything this year.

Edit ............. Ignore me. I've found a few different ones after a quick google or even opening up a photo mag. Brings it down by £3. (y)

Last edited:
@Geoff Moore - Yes they are - Just google "photography show 2017 discount code" and you'll see a few different ones. For example Nikon have "NIKTPS17". They usually seem to end "17" but if you see one for a previous year you could always try changing 15 or 16 to 17

@Geoff Moore - Yes they are - Just google "photography show 2017 discount code" and you'll see a few different ones. For example Nikon have "NIKTPS17". They usually seem to end "17" but if you see one for a previous year you could always try changing 15 or 16 to 17
Is this for show tickets, or hotel discounts?

Tim, It gives you £3 entry per person for daily tickets. I think you may find better bargains elsewhere on the internet for £3 off a hotel room though LOL.

Also it's worth doing a search from previous year's threads on TP for alternatives to the £12 parking fee at the NEC.

I'm debating whether to go this year or not. I usually do and don't get me wrong, it is worth it. I just don't know if every year is too much.

I usually spend a couple of hours there looking around the stalls, negotiate my annual paper discount then leave.

Just read Delta Skies post. £12 to park. Last time I went to Focus parking was free.

Tim, It gives you £3 entry per person for daily tickets. I think you may find better bargains elsewhere on the internet for £3 off a hotel room though LOL.

Also it's worth doing a search from previous year's threads on TP for alternatives to the £12 parking fee at the NEC.

I got my trade pass, just wondered if there was a discount for hotels nearby. I've booked the premier inn now, so only a 30min walk. Think I'm going to take my massive holdall with me though in case I get trigger happy with the credit card.

Last year I parked in the rail station carpark I can't remember the exact figure but I know it was a lot cheaper, and it's a short walk over the bridge to the exhibition hall.

I had an email from Canon the other day offering a competition to win pairs of free tickets, or register before the 15th March 2017 to receive £3 off using the discount code CATPS17.

I think I did a search for money off codes last year and found one from NEC (monitors) which took a few £'s off.

I don't think I'll be going. I only went last year to see the Nikon D500. :)

I got my trade pass, just wondered if there was a discount for hotels nearby. I've booked the premier inn now, so only a 30min walk. Think I'm going to take my massive holdall with me though in case I get trigger happy with the credit card.

I've now got my trade pass and will be attending talks Sunday PM and Monday Tuesday AM. I'm also staying in the Premier Inn Sunday & Monday if you fancy meeting up for a beer?

I've now got my trade pass and will be attending talks Sunday PM and Monday Tuesday AM. I'm also staying in the Premier Inn Sunday & Monday if you fancy meeting up for a beer?
Excellent. I will PM you my details.

Free parking at Marston Green station - train for nominal fee takes 2 min to NEC. Don't feed the greedy car parks.

P.S. Anyone got their tickets yet?
Earlier in the thread I said that last year I parked at Birmingham International because it was a lot cheaper, well I just checked it's the same £12 during the week and £9 at the weekend
so no longer a bargain, so thank's Truth teller I will check this out.

Free parking at Marston Green station - train for nominal fee takes 2 min to NEC. Don't feed the greedy car parks.

P.S. Anyone got their tickets yet?
No. Still waiting for mine to turn up. Getting itchy now.

It said in my email confirmation that they would be sent out 2 weeks before hand or a bring a copy of the email.

Yes, for some reason you see people laden with camera equipment trudging round a trade show. And if there's a hint of a female model it's like a charging herd of elephants.
I was browsing the ticket prices for this and my missus saw me and said stop don't buy cuz I already bought u tickets for your Valentine's day lol. Surprise!

Taking pics of the comicon people is probably the best bits .not totally sure about going yet but it's a possibility

Do people bring there cameras to test out stuff there?
If you're visiting the Photography Show on Saturday or Sunday ... might be worth a visit to Birmingham Comic Con which is also on the same weekend. Lots of Cosplayers like having their photo taken if you like to do that kind of thing.

I remember years ago (back in the early 90s) when Jessops used to run the NEC photo show one year it was the same weekend as Clothes Show Live and you could borrow lenses (basically a refundable CC scan for the cost of the lens) from people like Sigma to test out for the day at the fashion shows.

If you're visiting the Photography Show on Saturday or Sunday ... might be worth a visit to Birmingham Comic Con which is also on the same weekend. Lots of Cosplayers like having their photo taken if you like to do that kind of thing.

I remember years ago (back in the early 90s) when Jessops used to run the NEC photo show one year it was the same weekend as Clothes Show Live and you could borrow lenses (basically a refundable CC scan for the cost of the lens) from people like Sigma to test out for the day at the fashion shows.
Yea I'm visiting on the weekend

Back