1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GreenNinja67

GreenNinja67

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Depends how good your memory is.

If you have dementia I'd recommend going every day.

2. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Well in staying the night on Sat so let's see how it goes

3. GreenNinja67

GreenNinja67

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Look out for me while you're there, you won't be able to miss me.

I'll be the one with a camera :)

4. st599

st599

Edit My Images:
    No
    2 days if you are attending conference sessions. It won't take you 2 days to tour the trade show, it's pretty small.

5. Jase

Jase

Name:
    Jason
    Edit My Images:
    No
    No, I used to go for one day but I could never fit everything in. I've been going for 2 days for years now and almost tempted to push it to 3.

6. kman

kman

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Should be up on Monday, won't be taking any cameras but will be amused watching all the togs who pack rucksacks full of gear and trudge around shooting the pretty models and trying to get shots even though the presenter doing the talk is lighting with strobes or something! lol

Not got anything to get in particular apart from some new ND filters and a peek at the X1D from Hasselblad and the Fuji G50

Nick1905 likes this.
  7. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm up for the full 4 days. It's not so much the 4 days at the show, but the 4 days away from home. :confused: As others have said, look out for me and say hello. Always good to meet new people and network.

8. StephenM

StephenM

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've never found one day long enough; I should be there on Sunday and Monday, and probably Tuesday as well! I'll be wearing a Billingham photo waistcoat which I haven't seen many (any others?) wearing at the show so you may spot me fairly easily. If my badge is visible, don't be mislead by my surname, as "M" is my middle initial (what else could "M" stand for but "middle"? :D)

9. redhed17

redhed17

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I went last year for the first time, mainly to see the Nikon D500 which at that point hadn't been released. It was a camera I was considering buying and wanted to try before I bought, and this was the only opportunity. The first few hours were good, trying to see as much as possible. I was back and forth to the Nikon stand to play with the camera as much as I could. ;) There was a lot of interesting stuff to see, but after going in when it opened, I also watched a couple of demonstrations at the Adobe Theatre, but by 2-3pm I was flagging, having seen everything I wanted to see. I was on my own, so no one really to talk to, but I had to wait till about 6pm+ for the train. It was a very long day. :rolleyes: There was nothing I really wanted to see this year thinking about it when it was announced so I'm giving this one a miss. I suppose it depends on if you plan on seeing a lot of demonstrations, like a lot of gear, and are easily sociable with strangers. :)

10. st599

st599

Edit My Images:
    No
    Luckily it's small enough to wander round in a few hours. It's not one of the big ones where it takes 7 days to see everything. Most of the interesting stuff isn't front if stand though.

11. Chipper

Chipper

Edit My Images:
    No
    Perhaps we all need to have a metal pin so we can spot each other!

12. LBJNBA

LBJNBA

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm there for 3 days. Leaving Glasgow soon to head down for the night all ready for tomorrow.

I'll have my car so if I'm flagging I'll jusy head home. I'm also going to quite a few talks so I'm looking forward to them.

13. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Is there food there?

14. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    And how's the parking like?

15. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    There is food, but it's no gourmet restaurant.

There's plenty of parking, but it's about £14.

16. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Quality. I guess they have the normal chips burgers and pizza stuff?

17. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yea. There's usually a pulled pork stand which is fairly good.

jonneymendoza likes this.
  18. dcash29

dcash29

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Wouldn't be so bad if there was a reasonable edible alternative

19. Byker28i

Byker28i

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm going Saturday - I'll be the one with the camera phone - they're as good a a normal camera these days don't you know...

20. GreenNinja67

GreenNinja67

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Er...................... no

21. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I don't know what you're on about. I can shoot an entire wedding with stills and video on my iphone and still get the same quality as someone using the Canon 5D4 and a Blackmagic video camera. DSLR's are now completely redundant. :thinking:o_O:exit::coat:

Byker28i likes this.
  22. GreenNinja67

GreenNinja67

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's cos it's Canon :exit:

23. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well played! :thinking:

24. the black fox

the black fox

Name:
    Jeff
    Edit My Images:
    No
    alternatively tim you could shoot an entire wedding with a AK47 depends on your mind set on the day :withstupid::woot::woot::woot::woot:

25. Jesus Quintana

Jesus Quintana

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Does anyone know what sort of discounts are on offer please? I'm particularly interested in picking up some XQD cards and a Black Rapid (again). I'm not expecting huge savings tbh, maybe 10%. Anything more would be a bonus.

It'll be my first time there as I am always away in March (Vietnam, Cambodia, India etc) but sadly not this year :(

Oh, I'm going Tuesday fwiw.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  26. LBJNBA

LBJNBA

Edit My Images:
    No
    Well 7 hours driving in the pouring rain I've made it to my hotel in Solihull.

What's the plans for a meet up guys? Pm me

27. Byker28i

Byker28i

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Oh sorry didn't you get the message - shows cancelled...

Ok Only joking :D

LBJNBA and GreenNinja67 like this.
  28. LBJNBA

LBJNBA

Edit My Images:
    No
    Maybe a blessing if it was, could leave my credit card alone for a while

29. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I won't be there until tomorrow. But I'm meeting some people in the Bar area of the Premier Inn NEC at 7pm for drinks and some food.

30. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Starts at 10am doesn't it?

31. StephenM

StephenM

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes.

32. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Morning. Travelling from London. See you soon

33. nog

nog

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  34. Byker28i

Byker28i

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ok back, interesting show, lots of stands and Comic Con is on this weekend as well, so lots of scantily clad teenagers getting cold walking from the car park. Whole army of stormtroopers and several aliens.
    So if you're taking a camera I'd hover outside and take photos rather than in the hall. Several people with cameras and large lenses, large backpacks.

Some interesting drones, thought the egg shaped one interesting packaging for traveling and setting up. Lots of excellent images on display, bags, tripods, I saw a Canon 5d mk4 for £2850. All the usual stands plus quite a few smaller companies. Very good. Even said hello to Stewart (lenses for hire). Canon have a great display of all the digital models from 300D upwards and a 1200mm lens on display - 1 of 20 made.

StewartR and antc like this.
  35. antc

antc

Name:
    Anthony
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    What did you think the general level of discounts and deals were like?

36. LBJNBA

LBJNBA

Edit My Images:
    No
    Yeah Im just back too, as you said comic con is on so plenty photo ops in the hall outside.

Loved the egg shaped drone but didn't see it flying, spent a lot of time in the canon area, went to see Lara Jade, she was good, not bad on the eye either.

Cant get over some of the gitzo tripods, they were literally 10ft tall on display. I didn't take my cameras in but the guys at canon told me to take them in and try lenses so off I went and took them in.

First look at the 3 new sigma lenses, £1300 for the 135, its bloody massive too, the 24-70 is nice and hopefully good. Tried a sigma 85 1.4 on my 5D4 and let the guy from sigma play with my 1DXII, thats some lens.

Lastly I went to Nikon to play with the D5, not a very nice camera to hold unlike the 1DXII, felt strangely positioned in the hands. the menus are dreadful but no doubt its a great body, mounted on it was the 105mm lens, that was lovely.

Still plenty to see tomorrow and do, thankfully, got round just under half I think so far.

antc likes this.
  37. twhite87

twhite87

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You in the Premier Inn near the NEC? We're meeting at 7pm in the bar for a drink.

38. LBJNBA

LBJNBA

Edit My Images:
    No
    No I'm out in Solihull, have fun guys, I'm going to hit the bar here then my bed, its been a long day.

39. welshwizard645

welshwizard645

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Any D810 deals?

40. Byker28i

Byker28i

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I wasn't looking to buy anything, but there was some good prices on canon gear, manfrotto (sorry only noticed really for kit I have).

Whitewall printers had a big stand, near the entrance, some amazing quality images and display media there.

antc likes this.