Photography Show 2017

Yes they are free stand talks. Usually it's a case of getting to them early enough to get a seat or room to stand. Nikons stand was open on all sides last year whilst canons was like an enclosed theatre.
I guess all the free ones are like this where it's first come first serve? I've booked the Alex Webb one. His an amazing photographer

I'd worry about the wish list of gear you'd be heading home with... free to attend, but expensive in the long run!

Tried to use a calumet discount code but didn't work, anyone got another to share? Used a Nikon one last year.

Salgado now announced as a speaker

We can now announce our surprise addition to the Super Stage line-up - Sebastião Salgado will be speaking on the Super Stage at this year's show.

'A morning with Sebastião Salgado' will take place on Tuesday, 21 March at 11:00

Join us for a rare opportunity to hear from one of the most celebrated and well-respected photographers of our lifetime - the legendary Sebastião Salgado. From the gold mines of the Serra Pelada to his explorations of the Amazon, Salgado's vast and distinctive body of work is brimming with political insight, showing nature and humanity's brutality, wonder, hope and beauty. This session celebrates his work and offers a chance to ask questions and learn from a true giant of photography.

£20 a ticket - 1.5 hours talk

Last edited:
I'll be there all 4 days if anyone fancies a coffee.

Not sure when I can get there this year. I have a car show at the weekend and getting time off of work isn't easy at the moment....

I'm down Saturday through to Monday.

My 5DIV should be here tomorrow so I'll be taking that to play with in the hotel at night :canon:

Got one talk booked so far, hopefully I won't be too bored.

I'm going Sunday & Monday and looking forward to it, I have a shopping list :)

A little disappointed with the talks on the super stage this year but I'm still going to struggle to fit everything else in during the 2 days.

I'm now going with a mate on Sunday.

Also handing over my Nikon 85mm F1.8G I've sold him so the cash may be burning a hole in my pocket during the day :)

It's my first time as a 'pro' having given up 'normal' employment 8 months ago. I am attending the conference talks on Sunday afternoon and Monday and Tuesday morning. I have a shopping/wish list as well.
I'm staying at the Premier Inn Sunday and Monday and, hopefully, meeting up with Tim@twhite87 one evening. I was hoping to make use of their cheaper parking, but it seems they are having 'alterations' done that affect the amount of spaces available. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can find one. I'd rather send £6 per day than £12!

I'm down Saturday through to Monday.

My 5DIV should be here tomorrow so I'll be taking that to play with in the hotel at night :canon:

Got one talk booked so far, hopefully I won't be too bored.

Where you staying? I'm in the premier inn by the NEC if you fancy a drink, grub and chat? Meeting others at 7.

That goes for anyone else who fancies meeting us.

I'll be there on Sunday and Monday, with the option of returning on Tuesday if there are things left undone; staying at the Coventry Hill which is about 10 mins away by car.

I'm going Tuesday so I'll keep my eye out for you - so I can hide or run the other way :D

Dave
Just checking the schedule; Joe McNally is doing a talk on the Nikon stand Tuesday, and there's a couple of talks I fancy at Canon too.

I'll help carry your shopping if I see you Dave, I know you're not as young as you were ;)

Looks like it's Saturday for us now ,me ,my son and a mate .,might see Tim about did last year .

Where you staying? I'm in the premier inn by the NEC if you fancy a drink, grub and chat? Meeting others at 7.

Im staying in Solihull, only 10 minutes away in the car and ill have the car with me anyway so I'm keen to meet up and have a few fizzy pops. :)

Im staying in Solihull, only 10 minutes away in the car and ill have the car with me anyway so I'm keen to meet up and have a few fizzy pops. :)

Excellent. I think the plan is to meet in the bar area of the hotel at 7 (or before) for a couple of drinks and some grub.

Sunday for me, was going on Monday but work got in the way.

Hoping there are deals on the D810 like there were last year. Otherwise I might just have to satisfy my Velma Dinkley fetish at the ComicCon. :)

Shopping for accessories and papers mostly.

Sunday for me, was going on Monday but work got in the way.

Hoping there are deals on the D810 like there were last year. Otherwise I might just have to satisfy my Velma Dinkley fetish at the ComicCon. :)

Shopping for accessories and papers mostly.
D900 is around the corner. Wait for that

Having never been to this, what do we think to it? What's it like, is it worth the trip, will I be hooked and returning year after year?

The pricing structure seems a little unusual. £18 to get in, yet this is £10 extra, that is £20 extra... Looks like you really need to plan out your day well before arriving. I'm a bit lost by it all tbh.

I'm not looking to buy anything in particular. But having a look and some gear wouldn't hurt. Some of spe

(Tuesday would be the day for me)

Back