Photography Show 2017

As a complete sideways glance, the mate I took had a long chat with one of his heroes...

The lead guitarist from the Alarm just happens to now be a photographer and did a spot on the Manfrotto stand.

As a complete sideways glance, the mate I took had a long chat with one of his heroes...

The lead guitarist from the Alarm just happens to now be a photographer and did a spot on the Manfrotto stand.

I can't believe it. I saw a chap called Eddie Macdonald was at the show and thought "nah, it can't be that Eddie Macdonald". But now you've confirmed it's the same guy. I wish I'd gone along now as I was a huge alarm fan too.

I can't believe it. I saw a chap called Eddie Macdonald was at the show and thought "nah, it can't be that Eddie Macdonald". But now you've confirmed it's the same guy. I wish I'd gone along now as I was a huge alarm fan too.
The guy I was with had seen them loads of times, including some quite small gigs.

He's a really nice guy too, not a bad photographer - nothing spectacular.

The guy I was with had seen them loads of times, including some quite small gigs.

He's a really nice guy too, not a bad photographer - nothing spectacular.
Excellent. I saw them twice. The lead singer (Mike Peters) replaced Stuart Adamson in Big Country after the original lead singer passed away. Both great bands :)

Excellent. I saw them twice. The lead singer (Mike Peters) replaced Stuart Adamson in Big Country after the original lead singer passed away. Both great bands :)
I was a fan of Big Country, never saw them, but I did see their guitarist a few years ago in a band with Bruce Foxton and Simon Townsend.

To complete the circle Eddie told us he's currently playing with Ben Townsend on drums o_O

Oh. Should have added, I think his talk is up on YouTube if you want to look.

Last edited:
I was a fan of Big Country, never saw them, but I did see their guitarist a few years ago in a band with Bruce Foxton and Simon Townsend.

To complete the circle Eddie told us he's currently playing with Ben Townsend on drums o_O

Oh. Should have added, I think his talk is up on YouTube if you want to look.

Interesting stuff. Good to know he's still playing.

I'll check out you tube. Cheers!

Unfortunately 4 days late I've worked out why I missed Luke Massey's talk at the photography show. It was first advertised in February as at the behind the lens theatre but was actually on the Panasonic stand. Unfortunately they altered the what's on schedule on the website but not the schedule on the downloadable show guide which I checked a few days before the show. The first I knew the schedule was wrong was when it wasn't listed on the behind the lens stage talk schedule board when I arrived.

Can I ask how everyone finds out about what talks are on at each stand? Do you just search every manufacturers websites for their show news prior to the event? I do check Nikon's and canon's talk schedules but never knew to check others as I never know who would and wouldnt be doing talks.

Back