Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Was fortunate to get an invite to help ring Peregrine chicks this evening, lovely to be up so close to these cuties :love:

Obviously, all done under licence :)

Peregrine chicks 900.jpg

pergrine chick 900.jpg

Very early hours of the morning under halogen lights.

IMG_8525.jpg

Hi, I went to Lorch/D where HARLEYs from the Magic Bike Festival in Rüdesheim went for an outing:

Burg Sooneck :

DSC_5110-d500.jpg

Cruise ship Charles Dickens on the Rhein :

DSC_5260-d500-c.jpg

A Swiss canoe :

DSC_5406-d500c.jpg

A cormorant :

DSC_5416-d500c.jpg

Lots of HARLEYs for the motorcycle thread :

DSC_5468-d500c.jpg

DSC_5342-d500-c.jpg

Last edited:
full

full

A couple of mobile phone shots whilst out on the Bicycle , the first one was a little difficult to get the right angle as there are parked cars just to the right of the frame.
A.jpg

A tribute to Highleys Miners and my found bike .After having my first crash on two wheels after 40+ years of Bicycles and motorcycles last year and doing some damage I decided to find a second hand bike, the next day I walked around a corner in Stourbridge and found two bikes learning against a lamppost out side someones house, I knocked the door and confirmed they were scrap. Unfortunately I only had room for one otherwise I would have brought the other one home and given it to a local teenager. £20 later ( new chain and rear cassette ) and I'm back on two wheels. My luck never runs this way !

B.jpg

Hi, I went to Schwelm/D :

L1011674_DxO-L28a-56.jpg

Jugendstil (Art Nouveau) houses in different states of restauration :

L1011680_DxO-L28a-56-c.jpg

Schwelm used to be a rich town. But with the decline of heavy industry in the Ruhr-Gebiet incomes are low, and there are many empty shops :

L1011679_DxO-L28a-4-c.jpg

Then I visited my dear alma mater, Ruhr-Universität Bochum :

L1011688_DxO-L28a-56-c.jpg

Doors were open, so I walked down memory corridors ... :

L1011682_DxO-L28a-4-c.jpg

Many accidents and traffic jams in the opposite direction on my way home :

L1011693_DxO-L28a-4-c.jpg

From the back garden

Foxglove, agift from a friend on Anglesey

fox_glove_s.jpg

This rose is about 33 years old, given to us soon after we moved in

tea_rose_s.jpg

Paeony, more than 33 years old, already here when we moved in

paeony_s.jpg

Valerian rubra, according to my iPhone app., self seeded.

valerian_rubra_s.jpg

Howard

Hi folks - I haven't been around these parts for a while, but I got the camera out yesterday, not today.

Went to the beach and saw this bright red moth flying around, couldn't catch it flying, but as far as I can gather it is a six spotted burnet.

Broch 10782 by James West, on Flickr

I understand this is a birds foot trefoil, which is what these moths lay their eggs on, so that possibly ties together...

Broch 10777 by James West, on Flickr

I've no idea what this is. Another plant adapted to live in sand dunes or hostile environments.

Broch 10785 by James West, on Flickr

Finally a picture of Muttley. I have very few pictures of him. It seems to be very difficult taking a photo of a black fuzzy dog. He can often look like a caricature cut out and stuck on a photograph. He also doesn't like having his photo taken. As soon as he sees the camera he usually sulks and turns away. I've no idea why. However he was 11 last week, and like myself, after being extremely healthy the last year hasn't been quite as good. I thought my opportunity to take photos of him may not go on forever.

Wallace 10793 by James West, on Flickr

Hi, today was the last day of the MAGIC BIKE FESTIVAL in Rüdesheim. So, I went to Oestrich-Winkel. Basima slept in the car after a short walk along the Rhein :

DSC_6453-d500c.jpg

A Police boat on the Rhein :

DSC_6302-d500c.jpg

Geese crossing unharmed :

DSC_5961-d500c.jpg

Bikers riding home. HARLEY riders often travel in groups, which makes taking pics difficult. (I use my NIKON D500 for vehicles in motion. It has the best AF of my cameras.)

DSC_5871-d500c.jpg

Others went to Rüdesheim :

DSC_5921-d500c.jpg

Coming and going ... - I left at 11.30 a.m., having taken over 700 pics :

DSC_6041-d500c.jpg

I seeded a small patch of buttercups the other year.
They are now breaking through, no mow for that patch for a while.

IMG_8572.jpg

Back