Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Topped up my feeders when I got home walked in the house to find this strange bird was already at the meal worms ! After me launching a tennis ball in it's direction it cleared off !

Point and shoot

I was looking for the bird then noticed the two eyes looking back.

just a snap from our camper window of the site - nice autumn colours and light i thought. iphone - too lazy to take any camera with me these days. the foreground shadow is that of our camper. should practice getting horizons level - only had 50+ years as a snapper to get it right!

IMG_2940.JPG

Last edited:
Out with the Panasonic G5 and the vintage Pentax 50mm again, all images cropped and edited lol, trying to teach myself means a lot of playing around. Looks like something going with the tree in the first image, could not clean it up any better.
Gull 2.jpg
Gull 1.jpg
plant.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like chromatic aberration on the tree Andrew.

Today my wife and daughter ( both jewellers ) were at a fair selling their wares, it is in a local resteraunt next to the forest at lac Montbel very close to where we live, I took the camera for a slightly dodgy walk - I say dodgy as on Sundays and other days the Chasse ( hunt) are out with dogs and rifles to shoot anything that moves, I swear they play the odds, odds are its a boar or a deer and not a tourist/walker/hiker/photographer so what the heck blast away at anything that moves in the woods! Anyway, the sun came out and the fungi were in evidence. A nice set of Aminita, the fly agaric, the Panther cap and Amanita citrina. Bit like buses, been waiting ages for them to make a showing then they are all out at once, also my favourite of the day Amethyst deceiver Laccaria amethystina. fly-agaric1.jpgfly-agaric2.jpgfly-agaric3.jpgpanthercap.jpgamanita-citrina.jpgamethyst-deceiver.jpg

Last edited:
Well considering the miserable late Autumn weather, I was quite please to get a few pics I liked today.

A new stretch of riverside for me and the Mrs, parking in the centre of Pavenham village and strolling the narrow walkways above the river.
001 26 11 23.jpg
002 26 11 23.jpg

Then just down the road to Stevington to visit the old windmill as the last of the light was fading.

003 26 11 23.jpg

I like the rear view of the windmill more (which is a good thing because there isn't enough room at the front for a full picture) I think this works well in the gloomy light as it has a somewhat creepy look to me ( I always imagine one day there'll be a scary ghost face at the window)

004 26 11 23.jpg

And the base of the windmill from the front - love the colours on the little tiles and old fashioned design of the base structure.

005 26 11 23.jpg

Been out for a walk with my better half and our dog, Tan. Saw an amazing tree shadow. Needed to keep up with said companions, so hardly any time to snap. My images rarely hit the heights I'd love them to, but I'm thoroughly enjoyingsnapping with a cheap mirrorless camera combined with a competitors lens plonked on it. Might not be a winner, who cares, it invokes a memory of the walk and what could have been a really good photo.cannon hall shadow.jpg

I had a nice little find today. A lovely little Casio Exilim 12MP camera in a charity shop. Fully working with battery and card. I've tried it out and it's lovely. You'll have to excuse the date stamp though. I forgot to turn it off. At least it proves it was taken today. Well, it would if I had set it right. :p

CIMG0785.jpg

Last edited:
Back