Polaroid obsession

I still have a few boxes of FP3000B... now I'll treasure it!

I have 2 in the fridge, 3 in the post, (ordered the 3 the day before fuji announced it, was going to buy 10 boxes as it was cheap, sm gutted I didnt now )

:) hey well, i'ts a new experience. Least I will actually have some prints instead of half a dozen hard drives full of digital archives. To be hope they still use computers when I die and hand down my creative legacy :D

I have 2 in the fridge, 3 in the post, (ordered the 3 the day before fuji announced it, was going to buy 10 boxes as it was cheap, sm gutted I didnt now )
May I ask how much you paid for yours?
It's definitely an expensive hobby! :)
I bought 5 packs yesterday on a bit of a panic buy, only to find out the production only stops at the end of year :/
Lots of places will be back in stock next week, or over the next few weeks. One of the big suppliers said Monday they would be back in stock.

Last edited:
May I ask how much you paid for yours?
It's definitely an expensive hobby! :)
I bought 5 packs yesterday on a bit of a panic buy, only to find out the production only stops at the end of year :/
Lots of places will be back in stock next week, or over the next few weeks. One of the big suppliers said Monday they would be back in stock.

The last lot I got was £10 a pack. Was a fair but cheaper than most other places and previously had spent £15 or so I believe

Fingers crossed most places get more stock soon.

Got some PX70 and PX100 for holiday to Kota Kinabalu in a couple weeks...had a heart attack paying for it though!

Think I'm going to get an Instax 210....

So, would anybody be up for a group buy on the Impossible film to lower the cost a little?

If you order over around £140 worth, delivery is free. It's £17 per box unless you buy in triple packs which are £47. Works out at £15.67 per pack delivered, but would have to order 9 packs in one go. Obviously there would then be further cost of onward postage from whoever orders the initial batch but it must be less than the £4 per pack that Impossible charge, so would work out at around £16.50-£17.00 per pack roughly. The triple packs could be split too so you could get one of each type perhaps. Personally I would like a gold frame and the new coloured frames.

Unless I am missing something and someone knows where to get it cheaper from?

Impossible charge £4? When I was looking to buy my last pack, I looked and they quoted postage at £8 :eek: that's why I ended up quizzing a few ebay shop sellers and buying from there... £18.50 delivered. It's something I might be interested in mid-January - first payday after Christmas!

I think it's £4 for one pack, £8 for two then if you order 3 it jumps to £11!!

Yes, just for the postage.

Was in Manchester today so popped into the Partner store and picked up a box of 600 colour frames and a box of gold frames :)

they do let themselves down with the cost of postage! ups are good but cost a fortune for residential deliveries

Put in my final stock pile order of Fuji FP-3000b today. It needs to last a while as I can't afford anymore atm and reckon the last batch places will get will really see increased prices.

Any problems with taking impossible film through airport scanners btw?

Impossible film from the website is delivered from Netherlands to UK, I would have thought it goes through a scanner at some stage. Never heard of any issues .

Last edited:
Just bought a few packs of 600 B+W and a single of each special edition (silver frame, gold frame, colour frame).

Quite excited about the B+W; you no longer need the Dry Age kit that made it a bit of a faff before.

Does anyone know if you still need to adjust the exposure 1/3 into dark with the PX70 in an SX70? It no longer says so on their website. The main reason I use PX600 instead is that I can fit the ND and go for it, whereas with PX70 I have to remember to set the exposure wheel each time I open the camera (it resets to '0' when you close it)

Cheers
ped

Yay. Missed this thread. Don't know the answer to your question though. My PX70 is still in the camera. Haven't used it much. Not had the light really. My three frames I shot were all blurry due to the ISO 100. :(

I got a couple of nice Christmas present though which were a complete surprise. An instant lab from my parents (not something I would have paid for myself but a cool gadget to have). Results are good so far. Got a pack of 600 Silver frame with it which is now in it. Also bought myself a pack of gold and coloured frames. The gold is currently in the 635. I still need a better scanner though. Might get one now I am also shooting MF film and scan my own. Tried the impossible app scanner with mixed results. Mainly, having to have good light for an even exposure with no reflections.

Great pressie Gasmorton2000!! Have been looking at the instant lab but like the cameras too much to get one. I have a few packs of the B&W that you need to dry age, will get round to using it in the spring hopefully.

I really like the Gold and Silver 600 IP film, have had some good results with it.

I have been looking at getting a Manual Pack camera, can't afford a 180-195 so looking at one of the Copella modded ones, can then get custom skin on it as well :D

A full reflective scanner is a definite need for me what with the fp100c negs, they are starting to build up and have no way of using them atm.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I havent read the whole thread. Im getting Married in April, and will be puting together the photo album myself (I have a lovely photographer that will be giving me RAW files). As little space fillers in between all of the formal shots, I wanted to put polaroids of details of the day, from start to finish. My question is, will I have an issue with polaroid prints fading if stored in an album?

Im already eying up a few cameras on 'The Bay' :D

I don't know the answer to your question, Nick, but another option would be to spread some one-use film cameras around. We've had some really nice results from the "is it the camera or the idiot behind the lens" challenges with one-use cameras (not really "disposables") in the past couple of years. In fact, the official TP "idiot" will probably be along shortly to tell you more ;) .

Great I had never seen that there is a polaroid thread on this forum!

I am usually a canon 40D user but I have add an old polaroid the rectangle where you manually pul the film out and peel them of. I do love it! If film where cheaper I would use it a lot more....

Other thing, I only like to use it when it is a bright day, if the light is dull or if you are indoor it's pointless, just a waste of film. I have a flash but I beleive it doesn't work or I don't know how to make it work! May get a few advice on this?

I'm sorry it's a bit lot's in one go but I have some of my favorite shot on this website I made last year (there's only 17 pictures in the gallery)

Please have a look there----> http://thomasonlinephotography.SPAM/

Last edited:
The 195 is a joy - I'm not sure what'll happen to prices now the FP3000B has been discontinued. I haven't used mine much recently, so I'll keep an eye on it!

Prices have already gone up. I managed to get my stash for around £10 a pack from the US just after they advised they were going to dis it. Cheapest I have seen on fleabay now was £20 last week. :( i wont be able to afford those prices so hopefully IP will look into making it!

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I havent read the whole thread. Im getting Married in April, and will be puting together the photo album myself (I have a lovely photographer that will be giving me RAW files). As little space fillers in between all of the formal shots, I wanted to put polaroids of details of the day, from start to finish. My question is, will I have an issue with polaroid prints fading if stored in an album?

Im already eying up a few cameras on 'The Bay' :D

Part of the joy is a little fading over time. Not sure how IP folm will hold up over a lifetime but I wouldnt have thought it would be that horrific if stored in an album. I have 30 year old orig polaroids that are still fine, bit faded but full of charm

I don't know the answer to your question, Nick, but another option would be to spread some one-use film cameras around. We've had some really nice results from the "is it the camera or the idiot behind the lens" challenges with one-use cameras (not really "disposables") in the past couple of years. In fact, the official TP "idiot" will probably be along shortly to tell you more ;) .

Thanks Chris. We pretty much decided against this. I used to work in a small lab quite a few years ago, and I will always remember a time a couple bought in around twenty something disposable cameras to be developed. Out of the lot there were probably 7 or 8 shots that were any good. Lots of pictures of flash lit blurred fingers, a picture of a poo, some pubic hair and a penis. We decided that the money we would spend would probably be better spent elsewhere :D

Part of the joy is a little fading over time. Not sure how IP folm will hold up over a lifetime but I wouldnt have thought it would be that horrific if stored in an album. I have 30 year old orig polaroids that are still fine, bit faded but full of charm

Thanks for that. We are going for a certain look, and the polaroids would really set the album off. I think ill go for it! :cool:

Oops I've just bought a 'Mint Flashbar 2'

Looks like a sensible improvement on the original. Will do a review when it's here.

Fwiw I think the polaroid wedding is a brilliant idea. I'm going to do something similar for two friends weddings coming up this year. I'll probably use my 195 first time round as I doubt I'll be confident enough with the new sx70 film by then.

Thanks Chris. We pretty much decided against this. I used to work in a small lab quite a few years ago, and I will always remember a time a couple bought in around twenty something disposable cameras to be developed. Out of the lot there were probably 7 or 8 shots that were any good. Lots of pictures of flash lit blurred fingers, a picture of a poo, some pubic hair and a penis. We decided that the money we would spend would probably be better spent elsewhere :D

Much easier to get folk to send you the snaps from their digi, we made a second album up, an alterative for showing friends rather than family!

I'm probably going to get people to write a message on a whiteboard and hold it in front of them, I'll shoot it and keep the print for the album.

Thats a great idea.

Much easier to get folk to send you the snaps from their digi, we made a second album up, an alterative for showing friends rather than family!

Good idea, I think we will probably do that as an addition too.

Oops I've just bought a 'Mint Flashbar 2'

Looks like a sensible improvement on the original. Will do a review when it's here.

Fwiw I think the polaroid wedding is a brilliant idea. I'm going to do something similar for two friends weddings coming up this year. I'll probably use my 195 first time round as I doubt I'll be confident enough with the new sx70 film by then.

How much did this set you back? Have been looking for one, love the old style bulb flashes but this does look good.

Good idea, I think we will probably do that as an addition too.

If you then have access to IP instant lab, you can then recreate the Polaroid effect!

Would you limit who has access to the 'wedding polaroid camera' ? could imagine plenty of shots being wasted due to people being curious/drunk !

If you then have access to IP instant lab, you can then recreate the Polaroid effect!

Would you limit who has access to the 'wedding polaroid camera' ? could imagine plenty of shots being wasted due to people being curious/drunk !

There would need to be very strict rules in place regarding who had access to the camera! My Father would probably get the job of holding on to it during the evening ;0)

I've heard instax lasts well, you might be able to get a 4 pack or something from someone else who had same idea :)

Flashbar 2 has arrived. Lovely little unit and has some filters (yellow and blue) which attach to the flash using magnetism. Really cool.

Unfortunately it's arrived the very day I've converted my SX70 to use 600 speed film (changed the ND filer in front of the light meter) so that complicates it's use but I'll give it a few test shots tomorrow.

Cheers

Back