Polaroid obsession

No flash, Paul! I took another one yesterday with the just dial moved into the dark side and it was over exposed :LOL: :rolleyes:

So the one posted above is normal? I'm happy with it now I know! :LOL:

No flash, Paul! I took another one yesterday with the just dial moved into the dark side and it was over exposed :LOL: :rolleyes:

So the one posted above is normal? I'm happy with it now I know! :LOL:

You can buy a flash bar for it. (That would need testing pre Xmas as well):naughty:

Having some problems with my first box of PX-70. First two frames were completely black. I was I Manchester so nipped into the Inpossibly partner store and tried the same film pack in another camera (which wasted a frame). By the time I'd done this, the first two were vaguely showing something. So I ruled out the camera as being totally broken. The third also started to show something. There is something wrong though as they are barely visible. Definitely not recognise able as anything. Possibly a problem with the film pack? A waste of £17.50 either way. :(

Having some problems with my first box of PX-70. First two frames were completely black. I was I Manchester so nipped into the Inpossibly partner store and tried the same film pack in another camera (which wasted a frame). By the time I'd done this, the first two were vaguely showing something. So I ruled out the camera as being totally broken. The third also started to show something. There is something wrong though as they are barely visible. Definitely not recognise able as anything. Possibly a problem with the film pack? A waste of £17.50 either way. :(

The impossible films are pretty sensitive to light. Once the frame pops out, put it somewhere dark pretty much straight away and leave it for how long they say on the box and see if that makes any difference?

Or do you have the sensor set to dark? Try putting it a few clicks lighter

Thanks for the reply. I've shot with no problems with the 600 though. I shield the film immediately and stick it in the camera bag. The exposure is right in the middle too. I guess I could try turning it to the lightest setting? But I've tried the same pack of film in 2 cameras now and got the same results. I don't mind experimenting but it's hard to swallow when it's so expensive!

Thanks for the reply. I've shot with no problems with the 600 though. I shield the film immediately and stick it in the camera bag. The exposure is right in the middle too. I guess I could try turning it to the lightest setting? But I've tried the same pack of film in 2 cameras now and got the same results. I don't mind experimenting but it's hard to swallow when it's so expensive!
Ahh OK sorry didn't read your first post correctly, if it is just as dark in the shop camera, I would contact impposible. Their partner shop cameras should be in full working order so as you said rule out the camera.

It is gutting when you get a failure!

Yes Ped, completely black. Not the usual blue like my 600 is. I have just emailed their Europe support address so will see what they say if I get a reply.

THe good news is, the people at Impossible Europe replied this morning and said that an exchange at the store would be fine. I rang the store to confirm and they said it wouldn't be a problem. :)

THe good news is, the people at Impossible Europe replied this morning and said that an exchange at the store would be fine. I rang the store to confirm and they said it wouldn't be a problem. :)

Thars great! It is far too expensive to settle for a dodgy pack.

Great success. Nipped straight there after work and gave me a new pack, no problems at all. :)

Big thumbs up to Incognito in Manchester (y) .

Took two frames and they developed perfectly, except for the fact I didn't account for it being a much slower film than the 68- and they have bad camera shake. :(

It's started...Just had a call from a mate.

They've been rummaging in the loft and found an SX-70 Alpha and original timer and are bringing it over for me to borrow tomorrow!

Chuffed would be an understatement!

Got a couple of packs of Impossible Project coming on Sat am from Amazon, so I'll see what happens over the weekend!

Apparently Fujifilm are discontinuing another instant film, there's a petition on Change.org that y'all should sign!

Really fancy some coloured framed film but the delivery from Impossible is too expensive. £8 for 2 packs of £11 if you order 3!! Really bumps the price up. :(

Really fancy some coloured framed film but the delivery from Impossible is too expensive. £8 for 2 packs of £11 if you order 3!! Really bumps the price up. :(

Their postage cost is horrific!! im thinking group purchase coming along hehe

what's the best place to get instax wide film? Amazon 3rd party seller seems cheapest so far

I highly recommend the store I got my impossible film from... I asked how they were stored and received this reply:
"I store my stock in a humidity and temperature controlled room.

I buy direct from the factory and have a high turnover of stock, so never have stock hanging around for longer than a couple of weeks, so all is as fresh as can be."

£18.70 delivered :)

Pingu, I usually check ebay and amazon. Cheapest place will be from the likes of Hong Kong etc on ebay probably.

I have been looking for film stuff for the last few weeks for our daughter, so I asked a few friends who go to the local carboots etc.
I am now the proud owner of
A Polaroid 600 Land Camera Autofocus 660 the rubber eye cup thingys missing
and
A Polaroid Super colour 635CL Boxed looks like its never been used as the straps still got the wrapper on it.
So which one should I keep and why?
I personally would like a Instax as the films cheaper

I have been looking for film stuff for the last few weeks for our daughter, so I asked a few friends who go to the local carboots etc.
I am now the proud owner of
A Polaroid 600 Land Camera Autofocus 660 the rubber eye cup thingys missing
and
A Polaroid Super colour 635CL Boxed looks like its never been used as the straps still got the wrapper on it.
So which one should I keep and why?
I personally would like a Instax as the films cheaper

I guess it depends on money and how old your daughter is, I would suggest Instax if she is younger and likely to fire off shot after shot as it is a lot cheaper! Out the 3 I would suggest using the 635 , they have a more classic feel to me . Either way, enjoy!

Just shot my first one on PX... Any idea what's causing the 'frame' effect? Contrast looks luck better at the edges - could this be rollers?

10922933344_00f394c4f2.jpg

Last edited:
Just shot my first one on PX... Any idea what's causing the 'frame' effect? Contrast looks luck better at the edges - could this be rollers?
photo.php
I have no idea what's causing it but I really like the effect.

Hehe - I like the effect as well, but if I had an idea of why I'm getting it, that would be nice ;-)

There some fine 'bubbling' visible in the bottom third of the picture as well.

Looks very 'vintage'...

I wish I hadnt have seen this thread, I had a beer on Friday, bought a polaroid landcam 104 thing, I now need a battery and spent about £15 on a pack of film!

I wish I hadnt have seen this thread, I had a beer on Friday, bought a polaroid landcam 104 thing, I now need a battery and spent about £15 on a pack of film!

Welcome to our world!! you wont regret it...........

Im just trying to sort a battery chamber out for a conversion. Im not electronically minded but im not paying £9 per battery.

I will test it all out on the colour before splashing out on the B&W. Might well get that for Christmas and make it a project!

Im just trying to sort a battery chamber out for a conversion. Im not electronically minded but im not paying £9 per battery.

I will test it all out on the colour before splashing out on the B&W. Might well get that for Christmas and make it a project!

the B&W will only be going up in price now fuji have decided to stop production, such a shame it is a great film! dont forget you can reclaim the colour negs as well, if you have a scanner that can handle that size.

the B&W will only be going up in price now fuji have decided to stop production, such a shame it is a great film! dont forget you can reclaim the colour negs as well, if you have a scanner that can handle that size.

Ugh! ha. I shall buy a couple of boxes and then I think I will just use them on special occasions.

Ugh! ha. I shall buy a couple of boxes and then I think I will just use them on special occasions.

Have not seen any dates they will stop making but most places sold out (or removed from sale the stock they had), the cynical business mind in me says they will release a small amount at very inflated prices. :(

Back