Poll - Have you had your flu jab this year

Have you had your flu jab this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit My Images
No
Yes or No

just interested to find out what people think

I had a bad dose of flue last year and my wife has "insisted" I had the jab this year

first time I have ever had a flu jab

Last edited:
Nope, only ever had flu once (proper flu not Man Flu) knocked me for six, delirious and all sorts for a few days. Dont want it again but as I never catch anything (that's given it the kiss of death) I shant be having a jab, despite my wife "suggesting" at my age I should, then again so should she at her age :)
My Dad has one but he's 88
Matt

Are you sure that's what you had? :)

well I had something that laid me flat for 7 days then hit my usual chronic sinus problem and I was ill for another 2 weeks, then I got bloody shingles .... which lasted weeks ....... the "flu" started in January the evening before we flew to S Africa for 8 weeks ...... so it was not fun .... but the docs in S Africa were very good

well I had something that laid me flat for 7 days then hit my usual chronic sinus problem and I was ill for another 2 weeks, then I got bloody shingles .... which lasted weeks ....... the "flu" started in January the evening before we flew to S Africa for 8 weeks ...... so it was not fun .... but the docs in S Africa were very good
Flu or flue - makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
I just keep my wellies on.

If it wasnae fae yer wellies where would you be
You'd be in the hospital or infirmary
'Cause you would have a dose of the flu or even pleurisy
If you didnae have yer feet in your wellies

had mine a few days ago, got told they are giving pnuemonia jabs next year as well as the flu jabs.

Not for me, I have heard in pretty much equal parts of people getting the flu after having the jab as not.
Now that could have been a totally different strain, from the one inoculated against, the jab itself. Or already infected..
Who knows for sure?
Having had the "proper flu" a couple of times, its not pleasant..
Although with my job, its hard to tell if it wasn't Weil's disease.
Totally wiped me out for over a week!

@simon ess Billy rocks (y)

Indeed.

I've had to spend the last 1/2 hour watching YouTube vids of the genius at work.

I was trying to remember back to the mid 70s when I first heard his albums.

Was the welly song on the same album as Ivan the Terrible and the full pretzel?

Was the welly song on the same album as Ivan the Terrible and the full pretzel?
TBH I don't know.

But the other one that really cracks me up is Jasper carrot and the Magic roundabout theme.

If you don't know it, its HERE

I was recomended a flue jab by my doctor , You are offered one when you get " OLD " :confused:

TBH I don't know.

But the other one that really cracks me up is Jasper carrot and the Magic roundabout theme.

If you don't know it, its HERE

Don't bother asking me - Florence was my Grandmother... :p

Yup, had a jab. Had the proper 'flu at the end of 1999 and the beginning of 2000 - a nasty dose of the millennium bug.

Had mine end of September, had the Pneumonia jab a few years ago, arm swelled up like mad after that one.
Asthma and Flu don't go well together, NHS agree so get it for free

Had the flu vaccination last year and this.

BUT last year I did catch flu, but I think it was far milder than it would have been had I not been vaccinated.

I managed to go into work 3 days at the start, but then was sent home while they tested my swabs - H1N1 PCR positive!!!

Don't think I gave it to anyone else either which could have been dumb luck, could have been the vaccine boosting my immunity enough to stop massive virus shedding.

What people often forget is that vaccine programmes are as much about stopping pathogens spreading as they are about protecting the individual.

D

booked in for next week so gonna put yes ,I was due it early November but had the flu or similar with a cough so cancelled twice .gonna ask about shingles to while there

Flu's a killer, literally, and not just for older people. Get mine every year, but its not a guarantee you won't get the flu tho, still it reduces the risk and for me thats worth it.

I've not had it but my 6 year old got the nasal spray. My 4 year old went in for it and kept her nose covered with her hand until we were eventually kicked out of the appointment.

My neurologist neither heavily recommends the 'flu jab, nor preaches when I choose not to have it.
We've talked at length.
I choose not to have it.

About a month ago I had a letter from the surgery, telling me that I was a "priority" case and would need a flu jab. So, I went down and had one - my first ever.
Yesterday I woke up in a complete sweat, had aches all over - head, muscles - and was going into violent shivering spells. Today I am not much better. I have also gone off my food - which is unheard of - and I am two kilos lighter than I was three days ago. Ho hum, ever cloud has a silver lining.

Never had flu never needed the jab, so watch this space, 3 days and I will have it now...........;)

As a type 1 diabetic I get called every year for a flu jab. Prior to developing Diabetes 20 years ago, I had real flu twice. The first knocked me over for 10 days in bed when I was 20 but the second hit me literally when I got off a flight at Boston from Heathrow when I was 35. I handed over my passport for checking then came to 2 days later in hospital. I was an in-patient for 22 days and was still unwell for anothe 2 weeks!

Since getting my annual flu jabs I have not suffered any more flu bouts. Each year’s dose is formulated for the current global strains so each year’s mix is different

My GP practice chasss me every year, my Boston experience means I do not miss my ‘shot’.

As per post #17, I had mine again this year. Went in to the surgery as soon as it opened in the morning so I was out before the sick people brought their germs in! Still listed as type II so get an invite every year and didn't enjoy '99/2000 much!

As per post #17, I had mine again this year. Went in to the surgery as soon as it opened in the morning so I was out before the sick people brought their germs in! Still listed as type II so get an invite every year and didn't enjoy '99/2000 much!

Nod

Keep fighting the good fight and look after your eyes

Diabetes can be a b*****d on your retinas

Steve

Touch wood, no sign of any Retinopathy as of a few weeks ago. Diabetes was possibly a misdiagnosis due to assorted issues (including a brain tumour) but if not, seems to be fully controlled with diet and exercise. The extra health checks are a welcome bonus to the small inconveniences.

Yes, had my flu jab but also got pneumonia in September -still recovering and due back to work end of next week.

I might of had it (the jab) a couple of weeks back, they stuck the needle in but as they pushed the plunger it hit a nerve or something. Needless to say I pulled away so they don't know how much actually went in :D

Yep, 3rd one for me. Had the flu really bad one year, hallucinations, memory loss, and a lot of other issues, not caught even a cold since having the flu jab 2 years ago.

I had the flu jab this year. Have had it for 12+ years since having a heart attack.

Early this year I was in hospital after another minor heart attack and they got concerned at my temperature. They took a swap and it came back saying I had flu but it wasn't a strain covered by the jab, Apparently they determine the most likely strains a couple of years ahead of us getting the jab.

I was recomended a flue jab by my doctor , You are offered one when you get " OLD " :confused:

Not asking a personal question here, but at what sort of age does one become 'OLD'
Obviously I'm nowhere close to whatever you say, but having just had my first cold of the winter which I'm still trying to clear from my lungs 5 weeks later I don't want anything even close to flu..

Not asking a personal question here, but at what sort of age does one become 'OLD'
Obviously I'm nowhere close to whatever you say, but having just had my first cold of the winter which I'm still trying to clear from my lungs 5 weeks later I don't want anything even close to flu..

It generally means about 10 years older than whatever age you are at the moment...:p

Back