Post pictures of your cool/old/retro cameras!

Oh Yes! The OM10 with the little plug in manual adaptor. It was a brilliant little camera of which I have very fond memories.

Yes, I must get one! :D

EVEN BETTER!!:D

Thanks to Reddeathdrinker who decided to sell two OM10's :D
Took all of three minutes from him posting them to me buying.

I have OM's again....yayyyy:love:

That's a nice little collection you have got there CT. :) Glad to see you with the Blad. :)

Last edited:
Just a massive (y) for Steve Smith.

I was on holiday in the new forest (pics to come!) and the camera must have arrived during the week.

Got back to a nicely packaged Kodak camera, as promised. "Brilliant!" I thought.
And out popped a letter, too.

:thinking:

Steve listed all known issues with the camera and wished me luck with it on a very personal level.

For me, this really just gives me hope in the kindness of humanity again.

Steve mustered up the money for the postage and sent me this camera absolutely free of charge and really did go out of his way.

Massive :clap: and a (y) for Steve, a very pleasant, generous and genuine fellow. :)

Pleased to hear it turned up o.k.

Look forward to seeing some pictures from it!

With yesterday's sad news from Kodak about the stopping of Kodachrome manufacture, I am going to be using my Kodak cameras (my Retinette and a Retina Reflex III) to use up some Kodachrome.

Steve.

Last edited:
voigtlander.jpg

I bought this little voightlander years ago, and used to take it to the rockn'n'roll clubs. It looked better with my 50's clothes than a modern camera (But unfortunately I was unable to judge distances quick enough to focus well enough, plus the fact using a flash bulb for each shot was pretty expensive, meant I reverted to using an AF compact.)

I believe it still works well enough, but haven't used it for about 15-20 years.

I bought this little voightlander years ago, and used to take it to the rockn'n'roll clubs. It looked better with my 50's clothes than a modern camera

I have one of those (is it a Vito II?) and the simpler, Vito B model. last time we played at Hemsby I took my Rolleicord but you're right, one of these would fit in perfectly at the rock n roll events.

Steve.

I think it's the Vito II.... But of course, now that you have brough it up I have doubts! I will have to check.

I wonder if we know each other Steve? - I used to go to the Hemsby Weeknders up till about 10 years ago. went to quite a few of the Portsmouth R'n'R events such as Caddy's, Homelea etc. and founded the ROCKET magazine which lasted for a while.

PS - To keep this on subject, here are a couple more of my old cameras.... Good looking but not really practical due to odd film formats.

kodak2.jpg

kodak1.jpg

I actually shot these with the intention of using somethign in the rule of thirds.... But then changed my mind about them.

Last edited:
Oh Yes! The OM10 with the little plug in manual adaptor. It was a brilliant little camera of which I have very fond memories.

Yes, I must get one! :D

That was my first SLR... ah fond memories..:)

Pentax 110. Takes 110 cartridge film. 50p shown to gauge size. If you want dimensions, it's 3 and 3/4 ins wide, and a little over 2ins high

Lenses 24mm 2.8, 20-40 2.8, 50mm 2.8, 18mm 2.8. Not shown is an add-on motordrive which I forgot to put in the picture.

£30 off ebay. Came with 5 film cartridges of unknown age. Not used it yet.

DSCF2871_2.jpg

the zoom lens for these 110's used to be quite collectable, a few years back I got myself a load of pentax 110 stuff but could never find the zoom for sensible money so you got a good bargain there.

there is some impressive retro cameras, i have this my dad handed it down for me to sell but i fancy running a film through it see what its like.

3729812629_03dfe10396.jpg

and a little closer, i have no idea what the blue cast was, Unless it was my monitor screen as these were taken on my office desk.

3729815571_f76b165ecb.jpg

I have a shutter release cable (manual push type) and flash guns.

Last edited:
the zoom lens for these 110's used to be quite collectable, a few years back I got myself a load of pentax 110 stuff but could never find the zoom for sensible money so you got a good bargain there.

It had only been on ebay for a couple of hours as a buy it now, and I spent a few minutes scrutinising the listing looking for a catch. When I received it I showed it to a friend at work who had owned one years ago. He begged me to sell it to him.

yep, she's an f1.4 80-200 :D

Don't fib. :p It's a f/3.8 - f/4.

I don't have any old camera's (My dad has a US import Canon AL-1 though), but I do have old lenses. :)

S-M-C Takumar 28mm f/3.5:

3721295737_902e5092a4_o.jpg

3722108920_0e6f4589f4_o.jpg

S-M-C Takumar 50mm f/1.4:

3653092387_b500c7b28d_o.jpg

3716519549_ba20ed2b12_o.jpg

S-M-C Takumar 200mm f/4:

3729762297_6f5682759b_o.jpg

And some Asahi Pentax extension tubes:

3721296705_18e6084e94_o.jpg

The oldest camera I have is a D1x :)

I would love some old stuff!

Someone mention an OM10?! (Plus the "Manual Adaptor" :D)

img3964.jpg

img3971.jpg

img3967u.jpg

It was my dad's camera, but he bought a Powershot S3 a few years ago, and gave this to me to put on eBay....naturally it never got there! Apparently it either under or over exposes everything, so needs a service, but one day I'll get it all sorted out and put some films through it!

It was the first camera I ever used, aged about 8, on the first level of the Eiffel Tower. I remember looking through the viewfinder and playing with the focus ring and being absolutely captivated, and so it began........ :D

Apologies for the shocking use of flash in these, I still haven't got my head round this off camera flash thing!

Chris

:eek: is that really f1.4? and how does it perform?

Thats the Adaptall2 adapter. The tamron AD and AD2 lenses had a proprietary fitting and you bought the different adapters to match your body. That lens is complete with the AD2 adapter. So the bottom silver ring comes off.
As the adapter will fit on any tamron Ad/Ad2 lens it has the markings to cover all possibilities. The advantage is that you can use the same lenses on many different bodies.

The 80-210 is probably a 3.8-4.

Hey Chris - what's the aerial sticking out the Olympus OM10?

Remote shutter release?

None of this fancy wireless rubbish!

oo oo oo I can post on here now too although technically this camera was given to me by my dad for my youngest for christmas (so that he can do the film bit of his A level photography).

Euro Master exposure meter

prac100.jpg

Practika MTL5B

prac105.jpg

Good thread this one, going to be looking on Ebay soon

Here is a couple of cameras, I am sure I have some more just not sure where :LOL:

Leica R5, Olympus OM4 a 21st birthday present still going strong

Nikon F4 :love:, FM2n, F3, FA

Canon EOS1n RS, T90, Canonet

Bronica SQ-Ai, Hasselblad X-Pan Mk1

Hey Chris - what's the aerial sticking out the Olympus OM10?

It is indeed the remote shutter release, consisting of a springy sheath, and a bit of wire running down the middle than pushes the shutter button when you press the plunger thingy on the end down!

cowasaki - do you understand how to use that light meter?! I have one just like it, and I literally have no idea how to work the thing, far too many dials and numbers! :D

Not the greatest photography, sorry :shrug:, but here are my four 35mm film cameras:

AndysFilmCameras.jpg

I have to confess that since buying these in February/March time, they're still all on their first rolls of film :coat:.

Mmm I don't have time for the 'whitebox' setup. Here's some of mine:

Nikon F4s

Halina AI (!!!!!)

Last edited:
This is such a fantastic thread... :clap: ... a truly wonderful read and I have just spent the last hour or more drooling over all the kit you guys have and reading all of the accompanying stuff... :D

... some really superb gems in there as well as a lot of memory joggers... (y)

A big :ty: to the OP and to everyone who has taken the trouble to post up their gear and contributed to one of the best threads I, for one, have seen on TP in a long while... :D

Thanks guys 'n gals...

Ven... :p

This is such a fantastic thread... :clap: ... a truly wonderful read and I have just spent the last hour or more drooling over all the kit you guys have and reading all of the accompanying stuff... :D

... some really superb gems in there as well as a lot of memory joggers... (y)

A big :ty: to the OP and to everyone who has taken the trouble to post up their gear and contributed to one of the best threads I, for one, have seen on TP in a long while... :D

Thanks guys 'n gals...

Ven... :p

Shouldn't you be posting picks of your Mamiya Ven?

I bet it's got a touch of verdigris ;)

Awh shucks Rog.

*wipes a tear away from his eye*

And now some more of my kit! - in order of coolness, coolest last!

Fujifilm Finepix A900

3801979864_1d3fbfd91c.jpg

35mm Panorama

3801161425_038812f08c.jpg

Agfa Le Box Ocean

3801979744_e56765f77b.jpg

Agfa Optima

3801159903_51c97b51a0.jpg

Halina Achromat (or atleast I think it is)

3801161231_2b64b1b909.jpg

Canon EOS 1000fn

3801979278_81fcb7aba0.jpg

Kodak Retinette IB

3801980080_c0dddd2f06.jpg

Pentax P30

3801980486_9952ab296d.jpg

Sekonic Zoom 8 (8mm video camera! absolute pride and joy, and in MINT condition!)

3801979968_721f315e6c.jpg

3801160527_0991257e89.jpg

Still need to put a roll through the Sekonic!

You guys slay me... :LOL:

And how would I know... :cautious: ... someone would HAVE to bring that up... :shrug: ... and how surprising it would be you Kev... :D

Was just thinking the same thing myself... ;) ... WTS... :)

I bet it's got a touch of verdigris

Hey... :thinking: ... neither of us are scared of heights right... :puke:

Awh shucks Rog.

*wipes a tear away from his eye*

:crying:

:LOL: ... and I didn't have one there when I wrote it...

Got this box brownie for 50p at a boot fair earlier on this morning. I expect it isn't worth owt but thought it would make for an interesting addition to my small collection of "classic" film cameras.

boxbrownie.jpg

More as a conversation piece/shelf filler than expecting it to make me rich in auctions :D :wacky: :geek: A shame it's got rusty bits on it, but it still works!

Last edited:
This is a great thread this, some gorgeous looking kit!

I posted a film camera earlier, not sure if this qualifies but here is my D1x

d1x101.jpg

d1x103.jpg

(posting in whilst I still have it as I'm flogging it to fund a future purchase!)

EDIT: see for sale section :)

Last edited:
Got this box brownie for 50p at a boot fair earlier on this morning. I expect it isn't worth owt but thought it would make for an interesting addition to my small collection of "classic" film cameras.

:cautious: ... reckon you just goddit so you could do another post on here Ian... :LOL:

I do keep meaning to try and get hold of a 'box' but have never found one in half decent condition... :shrug:

Have you tried it out yet... ;)

:p

More as a conversation piece/shelf filler than expecting it to make me rich in auctions :D :wacky: :geek: A shame it's got rusty bits on it, but it still works!

I was looking for one on ebay and they go for £10-20 so its not a bad mark up :) I want to find a nice one as we are going to devote a shelf to some nice cameras but I also want to actually use them too.

Last edited:

:cautious: ... reckon you just goddit so you could do another post on here Ian... :LOL:

I do keep meaning to try and get hold of a 'box' but have never found one in half decent condition... :shrug:

Have you tried it out yet... ;) :p

:D :LOL: You've got me bangs to right. I'm going to have to tell the truth and say that when I came across that camera in that boot fair, TP sprang to mind straightaway and thought to myself "Ooo, that'll make for a nice addition to the Retro Camera thread!". :naughty:
Well, it all seems to work, the shutter does it's job when I press on the button and the wind up button still functions . . . and that's pretty much about it. Oh, that little lever (with the serrated edge) seem to alternate it's shutter speed from a quick "click" to it's equivalence of the "bulb" function.
It all smells a bit musky, though. :D

ADDITIONAL EDIT: Wow, Cowasaki, can't be bad at all! Unfortunately it only came on it's own (no pouch or instruction manuals). Still, I do like it, it really has a charm of it's own.

Last edited:

You did ask... bet you're sorry now...

My first 'proper' camera... gave it to my dad when I upgraded but he gave it back a couple of years ago..

Yashica Minister III...

OLD_STUFF---_2.jpg

Asahi Pentax Spotmatic... used to be my 'got to have' camera...

OLD_STUFF---_3.jpg

My very first Nikon and a love affair begins...

Nikon FM...

OLD_STUFF---_5.jpg

Nikon F3... my second 'must have' and probably my all time favourite camera...

OLD_STUFF---_4.jpg

One or two other infills and compacts from yonder...

Pentax Espio 140M... fillum...

Pentax_-_Expio_140M_1.jpg

And fully loaded...

Pentax_-_Expio_140M_2.jpg

Pentax Optio 430RS... digital...

Pentax_-_Optio_430RS.jpg

The beast you've all been waiting for...

Mamiya RB67 Pro SD... with 90mm f3.5...

Mamiya_RB67_Pro_SD.jpg

And the 180mm f4.5...

OLD_STUFF---_9.jpg

And the Weston Master V ... RB67 for the use with...

Weston_Master_V.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:
To continue...

Not strictly that old but a classic nonetheless...

Holga 120 CFN...

Holga_-_120_CFN.jpg

Again probably not THAT old but another classic in the making...

The Nikon D200 for those of you that do not believe I've really got one any longer...

Nikon_-_D200_with_TP_strap.jpg

And all of these, except the next one were, amazingly and surprisingly well, taken with this little gem (as I no longer have my precious Leica D-Lux 4 !?!) ...

My trusty Fuji FinePix Z10fd...

Fuji_-_FinePix_Z10fd.jpg

And finally, but by no means lastly... my next gem...

I give you the Leica, Special Limited Edition, D-Lux 4 Safari...

DLux4_Safari.jpg

Just a few to be going on with... enjoy...

:p

Ven,

I think the "Pentax Espio 140M. fillum" is a bit of a Nikon F3 copy :)

:LOL:

I like the RB67 !

Not as many green cameras and accessories as I would have expected though :)

Back