Post your best before and after processing

All done in PS although I was using contrast masks and selective levels so it's quite like tone mapping but just over the one 16bit file, Occasionally I would go back to the raw and adjust the settings there to get a new layer to selectively blend in.

All done in PS although I was using contrast masks and selective levels so it's quite like tone mapping but just over the one 16bit file, Occasionally I would go back to the raw and adjust the settings there to get a new layer to selectively blend in.
It may be more time consuming but I much prefer the results doing it that way. That second has lovely textures on it, really very very nice indeed!

Ok I have only been playing around processing for the last few days, I used ps a lot but only for making sig pics and likes. These are my first attempts really...

Original
2254319241_692c37219f.jpg

Fiddled
2777057465_29179d0d29.jpg

Original
2595373395_39107926f8.jpg

Fiddled
2774966298_cdd0bf13c7.jpg

And my fav so far...

Original
2778362638_507c89a85f.jpg

Fiddled
2777563141_33e04fc01e.jpg

Lake Louise and the Railroad are gorgeous...care to share any tips on how you achieved those pictures

Snoop69 really love the tone and look of the skin, again how do you do this?

I've just thrown my camera in the bin
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Some absolutely stunning work here
(y)

Lake Louise and the Railroad are gorgeous...care to share any tips on how you achieved those pictures

Snoop69 really love the tone and look of the skin, again how do you do this?

I had a friend show me how using Cs2.

Lots of noise reduction etc.

It did my head in to be honest but im eager to keep learning all
the same.

These pics are great - keep em coming :D

The lake louise and banff shots where quite photoshop intensive. Mostly they where a few different imports of a single raw file to get detail from first the highlights then the shadows.

As mentioned in an earlier post I did quite a bit of selective noise reduction and unsharp mask to increase contrast on the lake louise shot. The railroad shot was quite skewed by default due to the distortion at 10mm and having the camera tilted downwards slightly when I took the picture. So i corrected that then using a combination of layers and various blend modes to help get the contrast and colours looking how I wanted.

Went a walk down the beach and although the tourists were trying to enjoy themselves it was just another dull day. I thought I would just brighten it up a bit for them.
2796213551_b70428d847_o.jpg

Much nicer day now. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do it in real life.

2796213213_711511a23d_o.jpg

Here's an edit that caused me a great deal of headache.

From an old print that had been placed in a frame on top of a telly. The yellow blotches seemed to be the print chemicals reacting to the light and heat.

lisa_julie-PP.jpg

Once scanned, viewing of the separate RGB channels showed me that the blue channel was what needed removing. Problem was this left the image with wrong colouring, I therefore has to find a way of recreating the blue channel from those I had left i.e. Red & Green.

I had many failed attempts at this and so I'm not certain how I finally got to this stage but I would like to try and get the skin tones a little better.

Paul

Before
2837599635_3e5a922a22.jpg

After
2837599109_d919cb5ec4_o.jpg

I scanned in an old photo that somebody did and took me hours of playing around cropping what wasn't needed and trying to improve the colour etc, not really knowing what I was doing.

Would be great to have the knowledge to do what you guys and gals do to the images.

Here's one of my editing attempts. The original shows what a terribly dull day it was - In fact it had just started raining and I was seconds from putting the camera back in it's trusty waterproof bag. So the train, at least half hour late, arrived just in time.

Before...
2846618754_35a3be5977_o.jpg

After...
2845785249_e9eaa7a9b2_o.jpg

Fantastic edit of the train, as I was scrolling down I wasn't expecting too much given how flat the original was but your b&w edit is great and really brings the subject to life.

Thank you mole2k. :) It had to be one of the worst days for photography I'd ever seen! After walking to reach that particular spot and knowing that steam trains rarely take that route through the countryside, I had to snap it. :)

Well im new here, been lurking for while and i thought i'd post one of my own, my girlfriends dad, this was a cutout from a newspaper he had in a frame.

What do you think?
anything you would do different?

Im no expert though.

Great site by the way:love:

Original.
sarahdad.jpg

Post Edit.

finalone.jpg

Gordie1 - Wow, I think you've done an amazing job on that. Maybe I would give some colour to the sky but apart from that, I personally think you've done an amazing job. Obviously the faces could be clearer but you have very little to work with so I doubt anyone could do much better. Good work! :)

Gordie1 - Wow, I think you've done an amazing job on that. Maybe I would give some colour to the sky but apart from that, I personally think you've done an amazing job. Obviously the faces could be clearer but you have very little to work with so I doubt anyone could do much better. Good work! :)
Thanks for the feedback:)

Did you think about revolving the centre wheel logo around so it's "upright"?

Actually no lol, but I did think it's a shame the entire centre logo wasn't sharp. I'm not sure it would look right, seeing as the softness begins on the badge before spreading to the left area of the wheel.

This thread is amazing, definitely going to get into PP after I figure out how to use my camera lol :)

I'm interested in Moles and Zedbra workflow....care to share?

In fact it would be a better and more useful thread if the workflow was accompanied with the pictures

Dave

Great thread, it's nice to see the difference with all the pics.

I had the same problem as photostar_1 with smoke at a festival this year. Here's mine.

Coheed & Cambria (before)
coheed1.jpg

Coheed & Cambria (after)
2617944635_ac6913686d.jpg

Back