Postcard Challenge Round Two - Song Titles

Not sure which list you meant by "earlier", Rob, but there are definitely more on the list for roud two than round one... :)

I meant round 2 as earlier

.. and this morning a card from Des dropped on the mat! Thanks Des, for only the second card I've been able to guess... and a nice shot,too!

Mine arrived but I have gone on holiday! Will send them out next weekend- they look rather good, even if I do say so myself!

Excellent Des thank you! It was a nice rarity I knew one lol

Sent from The Moon.....

Excellent Des thank you! It was a nice rarity I knew one lol

Thanks.

I didn't want to do anything obscure and that song burst into my head. :)

Funnily enough it took ages to find a suitable wall! That was about 200 miles from home, in the Highlands whilest visiting my parents. It was a WWII air raid shelter on an old navy camp beside a distillery.

Mine arrived thank you Des and yes I got it.:)

Got Des's and at last I managed to get a song title without resorting to Google or my old and tatty Guiness Book of Hit Singles.

So far Ive got postcards from:-

Andy0306
Nikon_Nick
ChrisR
Strappy
Andysnap
Steve
Robhooley167
Desf
Wickerman

Jim's (menthel) cards are imminent so who does that leave?

Last edited:
I've also received Des's card, thanks very much. T'missus handed it over when I got home last night, saying that even she could get this one! :D

Yep got mine and the song too.

Jim's @menthel arrived this morning, got the band straight away, I might have to resort to reading the album sleeve as I'm crap at remembering song titles after 1979.

Also received, thanks, Jim :)

Neither I nor t'missus has any idea and both names I could think of from the clue weren't releasing material at the time. Guess I'll have to wait for the more musically literate to edumacate us!

I think I know the band but haven't a clue about the song!

Hi got Jim's PC thank you got the band but clasping at straws for the song title. Had a couple of ideas but they don't seem to work in.

I too got Jim's thank you!.... glad i'm not the only one that's not sure.... i am sure i have used the word 'clueless' more times in this thread than the whole forum:D

Ah one does work just re-read the back of the card again!

Thanks Jim love the subject.

Also got Jim's card and re-read his TP history back to last year (mostly about cycling AFAICR). Two references to music, neither of which seems to fit, so I'm completely in the dark too!

Also got Jim's card and re-read his TP history back to last year (mostly about cycling AFAICR). Two references to music, neither of which seems to fit, so I'm completely in the dark too!

Go and read it again Chris, I did get the band name from the clue on the pc but just to be sure I read Jim's TP History.

Thanks all. The band are not exactly mainstream, although are popular (and very, very loud live- I once had tinnitus for a week after one of their gigs). The clue is also probably of an age and if you are around my age or a little older it should be fairly easy. ;) As for the song title, find their 2003 album and imagine him chasing you...

Thanks all. The band are not exactly mainstream, although are popular (and very, very loud live- I once had tinnitus for a week after one of their gigs). The clue is also probably of an age and if you are around my age or a little older it should be fairly easy. ;) As for the song title, find their 2003 album and imagine him chasing you...

Just Googled it. Album track 1?

Aaaah, got it now, I think!!

Yes, great band and VERY loud. I saw them recently with my son and I couldn't hear properly for a week. :)

lol just shows you how you can go off in a different tangent, when I first looked at the card I thought of a king as only important people were carved in stone when this was probably done. So when I googled your band I came up with "Like Herod" from their 1997 debut album, it's only when I re-read your clue on the card that I realised it was a 2003 album! lol

lol just shows you how you can go off in a different tangent, when I first looked at the card I thought of a king as only important people were carved in stone when this was probably done. So when I googled your band I came up with "Like Herod" from their 1997 debut album, it's only when I re-read your clue on the card that I realised it was a 2003 album! lol
Great, great song but not the right one. I can hearily recommend listening to "Like Herod". ;)

Strangely, given that my musical tastes are fairly eclectic, I've never heard of them. I shall rectify this tonight and have a listen to some of their bangin' tunes.

For give me Jim but Andy they are banging and dare I say not my scene, but funny enough my friend loves them hence why I got the band name with no hassle.

Last edited:
OK, from various clues I've tracked them down, and they were indeed mentioned in your TP history, but for some reason I'd ignored it, maybe because an Internet search for the band name came up with all sorts of oddness but not the band! I'm not really sure how it fits the postcard, although maybe track 2 does a bit? I haven't dared try to listen, the wife's upstairs!

OK, from various clues I've tracked them down, and they were indeed mentioned in your TP history, but for some reason I'd ignored it, maybe because an Internet search for the band name came up with all sorts of oddness but not the band! I'm not really sure how it fits the postcard, although maybe track 2 does a bit? I haven't dared try to listen, the wife's upstairs!
Give them a go Chris but remember to turn your hi-fi up to 11 to get the full effect.

Give them a go Chris but remember to turn your hi-fi up to 11 to get the full effect.

Perhaps not a good idea unless you want burst ear drums and wear a hearing aid for the rest of!! :naughty::)

Back