Daily POTDer's Challenge Support Thread - Let's support each other

With respect, best place for them....

Yesterday I lost a ProV1! I am only just over the shock...

Right..........except mine floated on the top and stayed in the middle of the lake somehow....

....as for shock..... I don't think I'll ever get over macho grande either.

Thanks my lovelies you are all uber awesome!... like i said i shall still be hanging around as i rather like it here in this little corner of mine.. tho please feel free to throw me the odd bar of choc and bottle of wine! hehe

I've added my fb details on my thread for those that want to come find me :)

Tx

Aww...sorry you won't be continuing Simon and T! I've thoroughly enjoyed both your threads. I still struggle, mainly with time (which is why I can only visit here infrequently) but am enjoying myself. I think that's the main thing. If I stopped enjoying it for a long period, then it would be time for me to stop the project too.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your pictures and no doubt I'll see you round the forums...time permitting of course ;)

Hi all...don't know if you've all heard about the latest joke law our (facist/out for just their own hides/greedy sons of ..../ delightful) * government has voted through about any photos not registered can be claimed as orphan works and thus used by (facist/weasel/tax avoiding/scum bag) * company for its own purpose.... I'm seriously going to review my photos and begin posting at such a low res as to make copying pointless and a watermark so complex it makes the hadron collider look like an abacus...already found one of mine on a few tumblr accounts ... I'm fattered .. But no credit to me.. Live and learn I guess..

* delete ...at your peril..

Hi all...don't know if you've all heard about the latest joke law our (facist/out for just their own hides/greedy sons of ..../ delightful) * government has voted through about any photos not registered can be claimed as orphan works and thus used by (facist/weasel/tax avoiding/scum bag) * company for its own purpose.... I'm seriously going to review my photos and begin posting at such a low res as to make copying pointless and a watermark so complex it makes the hadron collider look like an abacus...already found one of mine on a few tumblr accounts ... I'm fattered .. But no credit to me.. Live and learn I guess..

* delete ...at your peril..

Thanks - do you have a link to the relevant government press release or statement for this?

Mine now have a fine pattern covering the entire shot, plus my name on them.

I must admit I'm making mine low res as possible and putting a logo across the whole image. Yes people will remove the logo but I'm hoping the low res will scupper anyone who enlarges them.

Mine are too, but the fine pattern of dots over the entire image really spoils a print as well as the copyright :

Mmmm...I'm liking the sound of the dots.. I'm thinking of stenography too... There's a free piece of software that can write data into an image file...not sure what happens if someone converts the file to another format though as this uses bitmaps which companies might convert to jpg ...

Dots are something I'll try though....I still chuckle at anyone who'd want to use one of my selfies ... :)

Who knows what happening with our corrupt government... I tried the dots idea last night and like you said. With a low res any enlargement should spoil the image...I tried a low opacity. But zooming in you see the pattern emerge.

If we find our work else where on the web. We can ask the site to remove it right?

How do you do the dots bit then please?

Is there a downloadable overlay page for PS or something?

How do you do the dots bit then please?

Is there a downloadable overlay page for PS or something?

I created them using a 10x10 pixel canvas adding dots..about three.. Of low opacity too... Then saved it as a pattern. Open the image then on an empty layer I fill it with the pattern...again lowering opacity.

I don't know how Sarah is doing it.

You can download from here as well http://www.binaryturf.com/free-software/polka-dot-pattern-generator/ I set the pattern to dots @ 1 pixel & space @ 2 then a mate gave me the following instructions for adding as a fill in photoshop:
1. Open your the polka.png file in PS
2. It appears as a tiny window, select all (Marching Ants appear).
3. Go to "Edit Menu" half way down you will see "Define as Pattern".(DefinePattern.jpg)
4. Go to your image file. Create a new layer and select all.
5. Go to "Edit Menu" again and click "FILL"(FillStep.jpg)
6. Your fill pattern dialogue opens up showing the new patter you just defined at the very end of the list, click okay/done and that's that. (ApplyPatternOverImage.jpg), you'll see it apply to over the image in the new layer you made, you can do what you want to it then, blend, layer style or whatever, even a bit of selective eraser work!!

It was so easy I managed it first time :)

Thanks Sarah I might use that if I ever take a photo worthy of it :D

Just to say sorry I've not caught up with all the threads over the past few days. I've managed to take & post an image every day, but been really busy with son home for birthday & gaining PhD Studentship celebrations & we are also on holiday from work, so are out and about, plus hospital visits, it's all gone a bit mad, But! I will try to catch up later in the week.

Arrrgh - I'm really struggling to post every day and keep up with everyone's threads - now the days are longer I'm not so house bound and it shows :LOL:

Well guys and girls..I know this week I'll get behind a bit as its eurovision week!!!! Starting tonight 8pm bbc3 ..1st semi final...!! Be there !!

Well guys and girls..I know this week I'll get behind a bit as its eurovision week!!!! Starting tonight 8pm bbc3 ..1st semi final...!! Be there !!

Oh, does Terry still do it?

I think I've actually got some :thinking: paint to watch drying :shrug: :D

Back