Daily POTDer's Challenge Support Thread - Let's support each other

I'm going to throw this one out there.

Why are you doing a 365 this year?

I'm doing one as a means to improve my photography, learn new techniques and to get me using my camera more! I'm enjoying my photography a lot more because of it and I feel like I've picked up plenty of new techniques. I've seen some improvement to my work, and now I feel like my equipment is holding me back more than anything! My 365 is running the rules that I can only use a DSLR (unless I break something), and the photo must be taken on the correct day, even if it isn't processed or put online that day.

At the end of the 365, I plan on making a book, so I can look back on it in the future, and hopefully, see how well I've improved from this 365 experience.

So there we go, thats my reason, what's yours?

Last edited:
I'm doing it.. because I want to haha. More so I have a recording of the year how I saw it and, like you, plan on putting it in a book at the end of the year :) If it helps me improve, it'll be a welcome bonus!

My rules are the same as yours, minus the DSLR. I used an x100 and x10 a lot so far.

I enjoyed doing the 52 week challenges in 2009 and 2011 and thought I would try something a bit harder - not found it a chore so far though ;)

If someone would like to make a book of my images feel free, but a signed copy might be worth more ;)

Pretty much the same reasons as you Jake, I want to improve & also take more photographs. When I was doing the cycling photography a couple of years ago, I tended to do the events at the weekend, take a day to process them & get them on the web, sort out orders & not really get the camera out until the next event. I stopped the cycling completely last year, but still didn't get out there much. So I thought this would force me to take the shots & get myself shooting different things.
Have to say I'm really enjoying it so far, although I've had a few days where I've thought what the hell am I going to shoot today.

I'm going to throw this one out there.

Why are you doing a 365 this year?

I'm doing one as a means to improve my photography, learn new techniques and to get me using my camera more! I'm enjoying my photography a lot more because of it and I feel like I've picked up plenty of new techniques. I've seen some improvement to my work, and now I feel like my equipment is holding me back more than anything! My 365 is running the rules that I can only use a DSLR (unless I break something), and the photo must be taken on the correct day, even if it isn't processed or put online that day.

At the end of the 365, I plan on making a book, so I can look back on it in the future, and hopefully, see how well I've improved from this 365 experience.

So there we go, thats my reason, what's yours?

I'm doing the 365 challenge to learn different facts about different photography techniques and try out different ways of shooting ,to give me different view on life through a camera and to be a different but better photographer at the end....................
Different isn't workin yet

So, I'm back from my Jollys - managed to take a pic every day, a couple of fillers and one phone shot - but I did it. Hopefully I'll get caught up this evening, but if not then by tomorrow :D

Must say it was bloody freezing though, and I'm now feeling very sorry for you all :LOL: And the bloody grey skies and flat light :eek:

So, I'm back from my Jollys - managed to take a pic every day, a couple of fillers and one phone shot - but I did it. Hopefully I'll get caught up this evening, but if not then by tomorrow :D

Must say it was bloody freezing though, and I'm now feeling very sorry for you all :LOL: And the bloody grey skies and flat light :eek:

Too little too late, Sarah :shake: You saw our pain and STILL posted photos of clear blue skies:crying:

;)

The wind has been a killer the last few days, hasn't it? I took some photos the other day on my way home and had to warm the frostbite out of my fingers before I drove back! OTOH - my gas bill has been lower than I expected so that's good!

Too little too late, Sarah :shake: You saw our pain and STILL posted photos of clear blue skies:crying:

;)

The wind has been a killer the last few days, hasn't it? I took some photos the other day on my way home and had to warm the frostbite out of my fingers before I drove back! OTOH - my gas bill has been lower than I expected so that's good!

I hereby promise to only post night and indoor shots now :LOL: (maybe)

Wednesday, crossing Waterloo bridge on foot - I felt like Scott of the Antarctic :D Yesterday was good though - we went to Woburn and it was really quite pleasant :)

Well looking at your flickr feed, you were at Milton Keynes at one point, so what do you expect! The tropics :)

I was indeed - found your escaped boy :LOL:

I saw that on Flickr :) If you're in this area again, let me know & we can come and say hello :)

I will do next time - and did think about it this time as Trace is quite close by too - it would be good to catch up :)

I will do next time - and did think about it this time as Trace is quite close by too - it would be good to catch up :)

Yeah and I'm less than 30 minutes from MK too :( if nothing else could have meet up for a drink :D

I used to be quite good at looking at photos as they came up and commenting on them. I enjoy that aspect of the 365, checking out what we are doing and chatting about it. However, I have not only lost my mojo recently, but also my motivation and my keenness, so I am sorry to those I have not visited recently. I will try and catch up this weekend as I may have a little more 'me time'.

I just REALLY need to get out there and have a great day rather than 'just' take the camera out with me because I feel I have to, if you know what I mean!!

Have a :hug: Sam, your lost mojo is probably hanging out with mine somewhere, shooting the breeze and

However, tomorrow evening I'm taking photos for a friends little girls comunion album - I've seriously tried to put them off but they've insisted I'm the only woman for the job :LOL: So, I'm hoping that will help ;)

I used to be quite good at looking at photos as they came up and commenting on them. I enjoy that aspect of the 365, checking out what we are doing and chatting about it. However, I have not only lost my mojo recently, but also my motivation and my keenness, so I am sorry to those I have not visited recently. I will try and catch up this weekend as I may have a little more 'me time'.

I just REALLY need to get out there and have a great day rather than 'just' take the camera out with me because I feel I have to, if you know what I mean!!

Today the SUN is shining :)

Back