Prince Philip. **Eulogies**

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I’m seeing on the news that Prince Philip has passed away.

Yup, sad but not surprising.
Wont be long before we have a king again I suspect. The death of a husband quite often seems to lead to the wife’s demise soon after in my experience.

Really Sad to hear this but what a great life.
Being at the side of an amazing woman for life is the best a man can ask.
RIP Pip :-(

Yes, sad news ~ RIP

PS The queen has said/been quoted(?) as saying she would never abdicate but in the light of the Duke passing would she perhaps now do so???

It is very sad. I am 66 coming on 67 and the Queen and Prince Philip have been the heads of the monarchy all my life, I have known nothing else. They always reminded me of my own parents in many ways. I wonder if the queen will abdicate now in favour of Charles?

Last edited:
Just short of his 100th birthday :(
He always was one of my favourite royals
RIP HRH Prince Philip

Last edited:
A GREAT MAN WHOSE LIFE AND PLACE IN HISTORY WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN ~ R.I.P.

And a man of style and character with a great sense of humour.

Quite a character - sometimes politically incorrect - but a very colourful member of the family - I think it was expected - RIP.

It is very sad. I am 66 coming on 67 and the Queen and Prince Philip have been the heads of the monarchy all my life, I have known nothing else. They always reminded me of my own parents in many ways. I wonder if the queen will abdicate now in favour of Charles?

No - she has true grit.

Will there be a full family attendance at the funeral I wonder?

Reactions: mex
PS The queen has said/been quoted(?) as saying she would never abdicate but in the light of the Duke passing would she perhaps now do so???

No.. She made a promise on her 21st birthday and to her credit has spent all her life sticking to the promise.. lesser people would not have.. Theres no way she is breaking that promise in the final hour...

I can make my solemn act of dedication with a whole Empire listening.
"I should like to make that dedication now.
"It is very simple.
"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.”
"God help me to make good my vow, and God bless all of you who are willing to share in it.”

Rest in peace sir.

Sad news, from an era when "men were men" eh?

I think I posted on here in a thread on their interview with Oprah that Harry & Meghan might be in an awkward position soon . It's called sod's law. She's pregnant so might have an excuse not to make the journey.

Removed because I didn't even know there was a Meghan and Harry thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
No.. She made a promise on her 21st birthday and to her credit has spent all her life sticking to the promise.. lesser people would not have.. Theres no way she is breaking that promise in the final hour...

A fair and proper point........but I for one would not think any the less of her if she decided otherwise!

I think I posted on here in a thread on their interview with Oprah that Harry & Meghan might be in an awkward position soon . It's called sod's law. She's pregnant so might have an excuse not to make the journey.
I do hope not. I wouldn't put it past the odious woman to make some sort of comment on American TV about how sad she was whilst forcing out some crocodile tears.
She could stay at home and Ginge could fly solo.

This is the thread for you https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/harry-and-meghan.714313/

Very sad news.

Some of the comments I’ve read elsewhere on social media have been absolutely disgusting. There are plenty of odious people out there for sure.

Prince Harry will attend alone, according to the Telegraph. The same article suggests that his wife probably won't travel with him, due to her pregnancy.

Whatever...

Prince Harry will attend alone, according to the Telegraph. The same article suggests that his wife probably won't travel with him, due to her pregnancy.

Whatever...

Apparently we are not allowed to mention that here. It seems there is a different thread for that. I've been told.

Last edited:
Agree, maybe loved by many in the world. Me I thought he was great.

Yip ........... I liked and respected the man.
The world is a poorer place without him.

Sad day, I know he had his critics as a result of his “gaffes” etc but he’s always been probably the royal a lot of people can most relate to. I only met him once at a charity clay shoot and remember someone leaning over my shoulder as I was shooting and getting quite irritated by it. I was slightly shocked when I turned around and saw who it was but he had a brief chat and seemed a thoroughly nice chap.

Some of the comments I’ve read elsewhere on social media have been absolutely disgusting. There are plenty of odious people out there for sure.

Outside of the UK he was not very well liked and people will use their right to an opinion. Personally I have zero feelings about it, I guess it would have been nice for the man to hit 100 though, RIP

.... In my humble opinion that would be both the most diplomatic and appropriate action by Prince Harry. Who was it who walked at their side and gave his support in their mother Princess Diana's cortege? < Their grandfather Prince Philip.

Although his passing was inevitable and recently was always going to be soon, I feel extremely sad but take the time to reflect on all the good he did and especially his good humour.

R.I.P.

Last edited:
Listening to some of the tributes to him.....

The one from Barack and Michelle Obama came across as very personal and heartfelt, unlike Donald Trump and his wife's tribute which sounded like it was written by a committee and without warmth or true meaning.

Listening to some of the tributes to him.....

The one from Barack and Michelle Obama came across as very personal and heartfelt, unlike Donald Trump and his wife's tribute which sounded like it was written by a committee and without warmth or true meaning.
It probably was, given there isn't a lot of evidence that Trump can write.

Very sad news.

One of the main reasons I left social media. As it is said, 'Haters gonna hate' I'm afraid. I'm quite glad the pubs are not open yet because in my local there is an out-and-out communist who can be quite a nice chap but I know he would be celebrating this death and would say something that even at my age, might make me lamp him one.

One of the main reasons I left social media. As it is said, 'Haters gonna hate' I'm afraid. I'm quite glad the pubs are not open yet because in my local there is an out-and-out communist who can be quite a nice chap but I know he would be celebrating this death and would say something that even at my age, might make me lamp him one.

On the flip side, to me, this thread is very much 'Likers gonna like' ... I know I said earlier I had zero feelings on it, but that was simply because I see this as a zero tolerence thread - respect where it's due, and anyone who dies deserves respect, even mass murderers

otherwise ...

Back