Produce & Share a Zine Round II (May - October 2020)

Ah yes, they don't do landscape formats in the test prints do they :/ Tried uploading anyway as a cropped test run would have been fine, computer says no
I made a flipped version to do a test print.

If you only want to see what the layout looks like and not check print quality a single copy from Doxdirect is a more expensive option I've used.

I made a flipped version to do a test print.

If you only want to see what the layout looks like and not check print quality a single copy from Doxdirect is a more expensive option I've used.

mine is to check the pics don't print too dark, a constant concern of mine :)

I may put together a simple 8 page portrait version, just more hassle than it should be

Ah yes, they don't do landscape formats in the test prints do they :/ Tried uploading anyway as a cropped test run would have been fine, computer says no
They don't do square either and last time round I tried the same thing, shame they don't have an option to crop/fit for a test print

I'm just mulling over whether it's worth rushing something together to do it, or to wait until next time and do it properly. All my free time has been spent at the hospital for the last 2 months. Doesn't help I have absolutely no enthusiasm at the moment.

I'm just mulling over whether it's worth rushing something together to do it, or to wait until next time and do it properly. All my free time has been spent at the hospital for the last 2 months. Doesn't help I have absolutely no enthusiasm at the moment.

It's very easy for enthusiasm to be dampened when you have more important things on your mind. Wishing you all the best for the other things that are going on.

I'm happy to send you a copy of my zine even if you don't take part on this occasion. It's not as though I'm likely to have a shortage. :)

Don't feel obliged Ian, any contribution would be more than welcome but there is always next time.

Best wishes.

There's going to be a 'next time'? :eek:

Don't rush it just to get something out. Next time it could be anyone struggling!

My zines have arrived!

I’m very happy with how they’ve turned out, especially for a first attempt. I probably have a couple of things to consider for future endeavours, but only minor things really. I’m really pleased with the quality, both the materials and the reproduction of the images.

I’m looking forward to sharing them now. :)

I'm in two Zine exchanges at the moment, and currently putting together a zine that I can use for both, any thoughts that this process gets easier are just not true, this one has been a lot of time/trouble to get into shape, and has involved multiple culls of images, but finally I think we are getting somewhere.............................

Last edited:
My fingers been hovering too.....how many did you order?
Twenty - sixteen side, full colour, A5, saddle stitched.

I think 19 was the jump point in pricing but it wasn't much more to round the number up.

Well that was harder than I expected, a message exchange with Mixam, resulted in having to modify and re-upload a number of images, to ensure bleed was correct for 'double page spreads' --- "oooh posh" - I hear you say, but "every scope for a cock up" I reply :ROFLMAO:
If you think double page spreads are tricky, try doing a wrapround cover. :exit:

My latest zine arrived today ready for the swap. :giggle:

I went for glossy paper hoping it would look cheap and cheesy to match the content and design. But it doesn't. :LOL:

When's the participant list starting?

When's the participant list starting?

In my OP I stated 31st Oct as the deadline. I'll be asking people to commit by that date so that everyone knows how many copies to get printed. In all honesty I can't see there being more than the minimum Mixam order size (10 or 20) so I don't think it will be an issue.

So if folks can confirm their commitment, I'll update the OP with usernames. On the 31st or thereabouts, I'll start a PM with all participants so we can exchange name/address details. Next week, I may go back through the thread and tag some folks who expressed interst early on but have been quiet on the thread.

For me, I have just 12 images I'm happy with and wanted a few more. I may just go ahead and make the damn zine to get it done because if I don't do it now, I'll never do it!

The final plan will be for all zines to be sent to participants by the end of November.

Last edited:
Lol, just been back through the thread and it's a very short list!

@Shugpug @Ed Sutton @sirch @FishyFish and @flook999 are the ones who've expressed interest. So if you could confirm whether you're still taking part by 31st October that would be grand!

Back