Produce & Share a Zine Round II (May - October 2020)

Thanks guys. That's everyone who's had a nose in the thread. Not sure if anyone else will be interested...

We're borderline lockdown here so yes for me. I'm also primary carer for my disabled wife and the father-in-law so need to take as few risks as possible.

bit of to'ing and fro'ing with Mixam today, some buffoon forgot to include the bleed in the uploaded file :/
Did you resend or did they add a mirror bleed for you?

They did that for me, but with images going to the edge it could be quite nasty, having seen the results, I uploaded replacement pages
I've got away with a time or two.

Rather annoyingly I made sure there was a bleed on my latest one for the swap, and it hasn't printed exactly right. I think they messed up teh stapling, which isn't central, and hence the trimming. But as it's a zine I'm not too bothered.

Another one's gone to production today :D which has all images bleeding off the page. Fingers crossed .

Just put my order through. At least I think I did. I confirmed, then had to tick a box to confirm that I would check it again, then had to tick a box to resubmit it... I think it's confirmed now....

Forgot how much of a PITA Mixam's site is.

FFS guys, add a NEXT button already!

Just put my order through. At least I think I did. I confirmed, then had to tick a box to confirm that I would check it again, then had to tick a box to resubmit it... I think it's confirmed now....

I think it's a game they play, see how long it takes the poor schmuk to remember he's forgotten to tick the confirm box, and then see how long it takes him to find it :/

It is a far from intuitive site to use.

However, I have another box arriving from them tomorrow. :rolleyes:

However, I have another box arriving from them tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Two boxes. :LOL: Talking of Mixam's ordering site it was a real struggle to work out get two things on the same order to save on carriage. :banghead: If anyone has worked out how to combine two pre-uploaded 'projects' to one delivery I'd be interested to know the trick!

1464 19294 151 3600 97 001 0 1.jpg

Two boxes. :LOL: Talking of Mixam's ordering site it was a real struggle to work out get two things on the same order to save on carriage. :banghead: If anyone has worked out how to combine two pre-uploaded 'projects' to one delivery I'd be interested to know the trick!

View attachment 296813

I got one of those this morning too :)

Raised a Q in the help forum as I don't seem to be able to PM more than 5 people. I know we can get around it with email or something else, but thought I'd raise it in case it helps someone else or (more likely) I was being a doofus.

@Shugpug has offered a solution which I think seems the most straightforward... Everyone OK with this?

Or perhaps drop them in to a protected google spreadsheet and just share the link and pwd? I'm happy to set that up if it makes things easier?

Just updated as it wasn't quite as simple as I thought it would be...

Hmm - turns out that wasn't as simple as I thought it would be... I can add people to a sheet who can then edit it, but to restrict access people will need a google account. Still happy to set this up if folks want this as an option?

Shugpug has stated that this option will need a Google account.

Maybe it will just be simpler if you all PM me your name, and address and I'll just reply with a list of everyone's addresses.

Happy to entertain more straightforward options.

Last edited:
TBH I wouldn't be keen on uploading my address to a google document, I rather just email addresses around. How many of us are there? I think some of us already have your email address Ian so you could leave us out of the PM and we can just email you our addresses then you could collate them all send out an email?

I've had PMs from @Shugpug and @Mr Perceptive

Also I posted film out to @sirch and @FishyFish 2 days ago so unless they've moved house very quickly I still have their addresses!

@flook999 @Allan.H and @Ed Sutton all have adresses from the last zine exchange PM we had going, so I don't need any more PMs unless people have moved house or want them sending to a different location. If you can confirm either via PM or on thread that the addresses are still valid we're done,

Also I posted film out to @sirch and @FishyFish 2 days ago so unless they've moved house very quickly I still have their addresses!

@flook999 @Allan.H and @Ed Sutton all have adresses from the last zine exchange PM we had going, so I don't need any more PMs unless people have moved house or want them sending to a different location. If you can confirm either via PM or on thread that the addresses are still valid we're done,
Still here. :wave:

despite SWMBO's best efforts, I'm still rooted to the same spot as last time

still the same address (y)

And I meant to say early the film arrived today safe and sound, many thanks. I'll find the other thread and post in that too.

Email from Mixam today saying mine are on their way - I'll drop them in the past as soon as they arrive because the combination of USPSs general timelines plus the events of next week mean they're not going to get to the UK any time soon...

OK folks, I have PM'd everyone with the address list. I ended up sending individual messages to @Shugpug and @Mr Perceptive before realising I could have just divided everyone into 2 groups and sent 2 messages... So the rest of you all got lumped into one message.

The deadline is for all recipients to have received their zines by the end of November. Mine have yet to arrive from Mixam so won't get posted yet but I know some of you have been itching to post since August!

Pics of your pressies are welcome!

Also - @flook999 if you want to pop your negs into the envelope with your zine, I'll scan 'em for you and probably post them back when I send my zine to you if that's ok.

I'll probably post my lot on Tuesday - it's one of my twice weekly post office runs in these socially distancing times.

OK folks, I have PM'd everyone with the address list. I ended up sending individual messages to @Shugpug and @Mr Perceptive before realising I could have just divided everyone into 2 groups and sent 2 messages... So the rest of you all got lumped into one message.

The deadline is for all recipients to have received their zines by the end of November. Mine have yet to arrive from Mixam so won't get posted yet but I know some of you have been itching to post since August!

Pics of your pressies are welcome!

Also - @flook999 if you want to pop your negs into the envelope with your zine, I'll scan 'em for you and probably post them back when I send my zine to you if that's ok.

Thanks Ian, I have something to do now this weekend (ie find the buggers :) )

So I received mine from @Mr Perceptive whilst I was out for my run! Mrs T didn't hear the door :)

Will have a proper look through tonight :)

Back