Produce & Share a Zine Round II (May - October 2020)

Received @sirch zine this morning, very interesting it is too it’s a whole world I know nothing about.
still waiting on @flook999 it seems to have disappeared somewhere along its way, not lost hope yet though and of course @Shugpug

Received @sirch zine this morning, very interesting it is too it’s a whole world I know nothing about.
still waiting on @flook999 it seems to have disappeared somewhere along its way, not lost hope yet though and of course @Shugpug

I still have a couple of spares, I won't be getting out for a week or so, but if you haven't received it by then I'll pop another in the post, making sure to tape down the envelope so it fits through the sizing slot of course :)

For my part, I've received great work from @Harlequin565, @FishyFish @Allanh and @Ed Sutton plus of course the awkwardly sized offering from @Mr Perceptive :). Still waiting for @sirch and @Shugpug and a bigger shelf :)

Sorry about that, I think your sorting office needs some new scales.
The demand was nothing to do with your zine. It was a lovely postcard all on its own, which I have now swapped (along with £1.50) for a zine from @flook999 ;)

Mine went in the post today - finally... Sorry!

However, and with apologies, I'll be ducking out of round three - $14.50 postage each! [emoji15]

However, and with apologies, I'll be ducking out of round three - $14.50 postage each! [emoji15]

I know it's too late now, but you could have maybe sent them all to one address and let one of us distribute them locally for you. I don't know how much extra it would have cost to send a single heavier parcel though.

Anyway, thanks, and ouch!

Ouch!

As per Nige's comment, I'd be happy to act as a distributor for your next zine if you change your mind.

Blimey! And I thought Royal Mail were robbing b'stards.

Ransom free zine from @sirch arrived today! No post mark on the stamp, so I shall re-use that!

Brilliant zine Chris. The lighting is really nice in all of the photos.

The content made me shudder a bit though, and really shows how people can interpret things differently. Never been comfortable in enclosed spaces myself and after rabbit-holing down a YouTube spiral and watching the story of John Jones in the Nutty Putty caves, this sort of stuff is my room 101....

I know it's too late now, but you could have maybe sent them all to one address and let one of us distribute them locally for you. I don't know how much extra it would have cost to send a single heavier parcel though.

Anyway, thanks, and ouch!

Ouch!

As per Nige's comment, I'd be happy to act as a distributor for your next zine if you change your mind.

That's really kind - thank you. I'll shall do some investigating...

Round three now on pause rather than a definite withdrawal.

Received @Shugpug zine this morning, very good it is too, also had a ransom note from the Royal Mail for £1.50 I’m assuming it’s @flook999 zine so will pick that up on Monday.
once again thanks to everyone for their time and effort, already looking forward to the next round.

Received @Shugpug zine this morning, very good it is too, also had a ransom note from the Royal Mail for £1.50 I’m assuming it’s @flook999 zine so will pick that up on Monday.
once again thanks to everyone for their time and effort, already looking forward to the next round.

sorry :rolleyes: if we ever manage a zine swap meet up it's my first round :)

I'm still missing two, @sirch and @Shugpug, my postie may be slow but he's cheap :)

Also received @Shugpug 's zine this morning and as @Allan.H said, it is very good.

I'm still missing two, @sirch and @Shugpug, my postie may be slow but he's cheap
I would have thought you would have mine by now, let me know if it doesn't arrive on Monday and I'll send another.

Am I too late to the party?
As some of you are aware I recently published my first zine, more a test than taking part in this swap.
However, I still have 9 left, some of you will get one as requested but if anyone else still fancies a swap DM me.

These are the ones I have already received.

20201118_100440.jpg

Cheers.

Am I too late to the party?
As some of you are aware I recently published my first zine, more a test than taking part in this swap.
However, I still have 9 left, some of you will get one as requested but if anyone else still fancies a swap DM me.

These are the ones I have already received.

View attachment 299488

Cheers.

I'm not the organiser, but I expet that a "better late than never" ruling will work just fine. :)

Happy to have a copy of your zine if you still have a spare please. :)

as if by magic @Shugpug's pinhole extravaganza has landed. Love the starburst effect from the sun in the last two, imagine that is a natural effect of shooting into the sun with the Holga?
Glad mine are turning up!

And yes - the starburst effect is the natural extension of the f16-22 starbursts you get when stopping down!

Also got mine from @Shugpug today and it's fab. A bit like the video I posted on round III - why didn't I think of that? I have really enjoyed receiving these and think the standard is very high. I suspect the post office loved the @flook999 zine so much they didn't go through the hassle of ransoming it and decided instead to keep it. Buggers!

Also got mine from @Shugpug today and it's fab. A bit like the video I posted on round III - why didn't I think of that? I have really enjoyed receiving these and think the standard is very high. I suspect the post office loved the @flook999 zine so much they didn't go through the hassle of ransoming it and decided instead to keep it. Buggers!

if I ever leave the house again I'll drop another in the post, robbing postie buggers :jimlad:

I got the final zine from @Shugpug on Saturday. What has struck me with both swaps is the diversity of subjects and approaches used in both teh photography and the zines. (y) (y) (y)

I'm also gonna have to up my act for round three. :eek:

I'm also gonna have to up my act for round three

I had ideas of producing something a bit more "home spun" for round two but despite lock-down I didn't get round to it and now I think Ian has thrown down the gauntlet with his Six Heads of Me bonus zine which for me nicely caught the spirit of zines. Please don't take that the wrong way, all the zines I have received in both rounds are really good and much appreciated, it's just that I like making things and just fancy the idea of printing something myself.

I had ideas of producing something a bit more "home spun" for round two but despite lock-down I didn't get round to it and now I think Ian has thrown down the gauntlet with his Six Heads of Me bonus zine which for me nicely caught the spirit of zines. Please don't take that the wrong way, all the zines I have received in both rounds are really good and much appreciated, it's just that I like making things and just fancy the idea of printing something myself.

that's the beauty of this, there is no right or wrong way of doing it, whatever floats your boat works.

I was thinking of upping my game in respect of photography, concept, design as well as production values!

Thank you! I sent a handful out to the hosts of the various podcasts I listen to as a "thank you" note - he was very kind in his write up [emoji1787]

Nicest man in photography.

Back