Produce & Share a Zine Round II (May - October 2020)

Also just received @Ed Sutton and @Allan.H zines - echo the comment about great themes - this round is building into a nice little collection!

Me too. I thought they were both excellent.

Is anyone else thinking that their zine was sub-par compared to the others?

Well my Mixam order was due on Friday but hasn't turned up yet, sorry folks. I get them out as soon as I can.

I've had a good look through them all and as @FishyFish said above they are a great selection of well produced zines.

Last edited:
Yeah - have to say that Nige got the right words for it. That small insight into another person's thinking is not only fascinating, but inspirational. Our local roads all have tree names and I've been wandering about trying to find the right tree next to the right nameplate. Would never have even thought of that without seeing Allan's zine.

Actually, while I think on, do any of you continue with your project after the zine has been produced? Nomfup will continue because it irks me and I can't unsee some of these things, but the ICM stuff was very much a one-off.

Actually, while I think on, do any of you continue with your project after the zine has been produced? Nomfup will continue because it irks me and I can't unsee some of these things, but the ICM stuff was very much a one-off.
As that. 'Phragmites' was done specifically for the first zine swap, 'Beach Balls...' was culled from two on/off projects - the ball project will end when I've photographed 500 balls (ten to go), the Dog Town project may or may not continue at some point.

'Reserved' might continue, but in a different direction.

Other zines and Blurb books I've done have been at the end of, or a natural break in, a project, or have acted to bring a project to an end.

Missed this one, but hopefully I'll have a Zine for round 3.

Speaking of which... Do we have any interest in doing round 3? Same rules as before, just need a suggested deadline.

My suggestion would be to kick off at the end of the month (or whenever all the zines have been received) and run through to the end of April with everything printed and posted by the end of May. I know we have travelling issues at the moment, but finishing June and beyond may start to clash with holidays.

I'll be honest, receiving these zines has been inspirational to me and makes me want to do another. It's been a crap year...

Speaking of which... Do we have any interest in doing round 3? Same rules as before, just need a suggested deadline.

My suggestion would be to kick off at the end of the month (or whenever all the zines have been received) and run through to the end of April with everything printed and posted by the end of May. I know we have travelling issues at the moment, but finishing June and beyond may start to clash with holidays.

I'll be honest, receiving these zines has been inspirational to me and makes me want to do another. It's been a crap year...
Sounds like a plan. (y)

Definitely, enjoyed receiving all yours and become a little obsessed with producing my own :)

Sounds good to me :)

Back to the UK next summer so we're starting to try to de-bulk. I'm already starting to dread the move back without also having to justify what comes home and what gets left behind...

But unrelated - I'd love to be involved in round three - it'll force me to come up with an idea for a project or two!

I'd like to give it a go next time. I'm currently using all the info from this thread to put one together for the charity I work for, so it's a big "thanks" to everyone on here for all the advice.

If nothing else it's taught me to start to learn to use Affinity Publisher which I bought in the first lockdown.

@Harlequin565 was kind enough to send me a copy of 2 of his Zines. Bloody ace they are too, makes me really want to make a Zine now.

Let's get this done.
If you want to have a go before the deadline there might be a few who have spares from the last round they would swap you. :)

@flook999 's zine arrived this week. Another interesting piece of work. I like the uniformity of the tones and colours throughout. It looks like a scene that could be photographed time and time again under all sorts of conditions and never run out of pictures. Nice one.

I am a little curious as to just how strong the North Sea winds are though. :)

I've posted round 3 : https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...ne-round-iii-november-2020-april-2021.718339/

I know there are still a couple of zines to arrive, but whilst we have enthused people I thought I'd strike while the iron was hot etc etc.

If you could have a read through and call out anything that needs changing, I'd appreciate it.

I know I still have a couple to arrive, but I've really found this exchange in particular to be a boost to my photography. Not only did it force me to get out and finish the damn thing, but I felt quite privelidged to receive the zines, and to be part of such a talented group.

Thanks everyone.

I've posted round 3 : https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...ne-round-iii-november-2020-april-2021.718339/

I know there are still a couple of zines to arrive, but whilst we have enthused people I thought I'd strike while the iron was hot etc etc.

If you could have a read through and call out anything that needs changing, I'd appreciate it.

I know I still have a couple to arrive, but I've really found this exchange in particular to be a boost to my photography. Not only did it force me to get out and finish the damn thing, but I felt quite privelidged to receive the zines, and to be part of such a talented group.

Thanks everyone.
How about a list of resources like packaging suppliers/sources?

These supply in bulk, but links for smaller quantities would be useful.

Perhaps that's where mine is then.... I guess it all comes from Northwich.

Finally got @flook999 zine today, the local sorting office decided it was too large an envelope for first class, so I had to make a trip to the sorting office and hand over £1.50!!! Great zine though, and well worth it!!! :)

bloody hell, so sorry. in my defence the zine is lighter than the first one and sent inexactly the same envelopes and with the same postage :/

I'll go to the post office next time

bloody hell, so sorry. in my defence the zine is lighter than the first one and sent inexactly the same envelopes and with the same postage :/

I think it often depends on who is in the PO. When I send 35mm films, sometimes they go through the slot, sometimes they don't depending on the whim and effort of the counter person.

I'll go to the post office next time

Its the envelope size!!, if you'd folded it over the edges and taped it down it would have been ok, man in sorting offices showed me on their grid thing!! In a C5 envelope it would have been fine!

Mine arrived without a postal ransom so, as Ian says, you probably have a stickler for regulations at your local sorting office.

Sounds like Northwich :(

Mine has not arrived yet so wether it’s due to the problem above I don’t know

Back