Produce & Share a Zine Round III - Complete (Nov - April 21)

When can you NOT attend a proposed 7.30pm Zoom meeting of 40 minutes to chat about these Zines?

• Total voters
my post office just gave me stamps, in fact she took half and stuck the stamp on herself :)
They said it was over the standard Large Letter weight and they couldn't use stamps. It wasn't the usual staff on duty, if it had been I'm sure it wouldn't have been such a palaver.

Anyway, my underwhelming swap is on its way. My swap is the things in the cellophane pocket, the 'extra' rattling about in the card envelope isn't part of the 'work'.

Last edited:
If it's a staffie with a Julius harness it is indeed my zine
Gary

Righto...

from @Cloudforest
I put ? after things I was assuming, so forgive me if I got it wrong :)
A debut(?) from Peter that was really lovely. I started a podcast back in 2020 called the Ordinary Photographer which was really trying to encourage photographers to not get caught up on the crap that YouTube tries to sell and to encourage photographers to just "do their thing". It's not a great effort, but seeing work like this inspires me to carry on with it. I love it when an amateur(?) photographer turns out a mini project that is cohesive and makes me smile. The effort that's not only gone into the images, but into the presentation too really humbles me when I think of what I've produced.

Simple, clean and colourful, these images just work together, and they're bound by a forward that really sets the tone. Love it.
My wife thought it was very pretty.... :)

Thanks Ian. Your comments are much appreciated. I didn't really know what people would make of my contribution and thought it might be a bit "safe".
If you like, I can answer your questions, once everyone has seen and read all the zines.

Opened all my incoming zines now bar one, think that might be the latest arrival from Mr Perceptive.
Made room for them all on a bookshelf, all good in their own way and made special by knowing all the effort everyone put in.

This zine exchange reminds me of something I took part in on another photo site a while back.
That was a much simpler affair, an A4 print swap run along the lines of a secret Santa anonymous exchange.

A quick note regarding my offering. The plain brown envelope is intended to be opened after the zine. I was going to write that on the envelope but it would have looked messy. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN CASH!

Round IV is up if anyone is interested. @Cobra when you get a sec, can you unsticky this thread and pin the other one? TIA :)

2 more just arrived only one to go now
Wine at the ready for a studious couple of hours

OK, so won't be long before I make a video just need to confirm you're happy with your zine appearing.

Confirmed yes.
@Mr Perceptive
@Harlequin565
@gjhill
@Allan.H
@viewfromthenorth
@tijuana taxi
@Ed Sutton
@FishyFish
@sirch
@richardhall
@flook999
@MrDrizz
@Cloudforest
@Thmaga

Just in case @yamahatdm900 missed my original post or I missed their response.
I am planning on making a Youtube video about this Zine swap, I'd like your permission to feature your zine in the video? I won't reveal your real name (unless it's printed on the zine)

Last edited:
OK, so won't be long before I make a video just need to confirm you're happy with your zine appearing.

Confirmed yes.
@Mr Perceptive
@Harlequin565
@gjhill
@Allan.H
@viewfromthenorth
@tijuana taxi
@Ed Sutton
@FishyFish
@sirch
@richardhall
@flook999
@MrDrizz

Just in case @Thmaga @yamahatdm900 and @Cloudforest missed my original post or I missed their response.
I am planning on making a Youtube video about this Zine swap, I'd like your permission to feature your zine in the video? I won't reveal your real name (unless it's printed on the zine)
Think I did respond but you're fine to feature mine Mark.

Almost done now. Three more today. @Mr Perceptive @Ed Sutton @flook999

This really has been the most wide and varied exchange. If I'm ever looking for an idea or inspiration, there's a lot here.

(y)

Edit - The little extra's made me smile @Ed Sutton

None today, certainly has been an eclectic selection presentation wise as well as content.

Looking forward to the next one, no idea what i'm doing yet, won't be a how to guide though.

Confirmed yes.
@Mr Perceptive
@Harlequin565
@gjhill
@Allan.H
@viewfromthenorth
@tijuana taxi
@Ed Sutton
@FishyFish
@sirch
@richardhall
@flook999
@MrDrizz
@Cloudforest

Just in case @Thmaga @yamahatdm900 missed my original post or I missed their response.
Fine to feature, but I think mine is/will be last to arrive!

Arriving here tomrorow according to DPD

last one arrived this morning
thanks @Thmaga

will look at all together over next few days

more wine required for extended reading session

Last one arrived here too thanks, will sit down in the very near future and look through them all in greater depth.
Missus expressed an interest in them too, she likes all the unusual and derelict stuff (knew there was a reason she married me)

Finishing on a high there @Thmaga (y)
I'll seconded that.

I now have all the zines. An eclectic selection for sure, which is brilliant. :clap:(y)

Very nice Sean @Thmaga

A fantastic fourteen.
Mine came from @Thmaga today, too -- a very nice bit of work.
Have to say it -- taking part in this has been really rewarding. Thanks to everyone who took part

Thanks all, I'm looking forward to having a proper look through all of yours.

but but but.....it's mahoosive, think of the shelves :exit:

I have 14, that's correct isn't it?

It was thicker than I anticipated when they arrived! The sample zine was limited in pages...

apologies if this seems a bit long
have now looked through them, what a great set , I have hopefully hidden the comments in case some of you have not yet had the chance to look at all of them.
@Mr Perceptive

Excellent reminds me of US road type monologues

Love the extra print - which Canon paper?

@Harlequin565

Stunning - what more can I say!!

@yamahatdm900

A nice set. M y daily walk is with dog in woodlands which is reflected in my zine. Keep meaning to go into town for some urban type shots - one day

@MrDrizz

Great set. I struggle to walk round familiar areas and find something which interests me to photograph , its all too familiar , you have nailed it.

@Allan.H

Nice simple theme which works really well.i racked my brains trying to think along the same lines but failed miserably. Excellent

@viewfromthenorth

I too have a few zines from CRB. My partner is from Salford so there are quite a few which interest us. Excellent set of pictures, been to Edenwood mill on one of Dave the dogs walks, there are also some ‘nice’ ruins/derelict buildings in Nuttall Park on the other side of the Irwell from the playing fields. I will have to try harder to get the ‘VFTN’ look

@tijuana taxi

Very very good!! And unusual. Made myself a bacon sarnie after and watched Dave go mad when smoke alarm went off. A nice simple theme which works really well

@Ed Sutton

Excellent, like the badge idea, never had a Blue Peter one so this makes me feel part of an exclusive club. A step above ICM shots well executed

@Thmaga

Well worth the wait

Excellent

Unusual

Stunning

Nothing more to say

@FishyFish

Excellent set ,. Once again am reminded of American road trip style photo books.

@sirch

A man after my own heart, home produced , excellent work. A step or indeed several above my effort, have tried stitching zines my self but not yet obtained a reasonable result. Two questions

A3 cut in half? , on what paper?

@Cloudforest

Nice set ,I tried to do something similar with wood land pictures during dog walks but couldn’t achieve a ‘themed’ look

@richardhall

Very very clever , a different take on the zine. Where did you get the newspaper printed?

Like this one very much

@flook999

Nice sequence, stunningly photographed. I had an idea along the same lines involving certain milestones in adult life but lockdown restrictions made travel impossible so the sequence would have a 5 year gap. Maybe next time

Last edited:
My @Thmaga zine arrived today. What a zine to finish on!

From me, a huge thankyou to everyone taking part. I feel as though it's a bit selfish as many of the images and the construction of these zines inspire me greatly. Not one of them lived down to the expectations their authors seemed to have. Except mine :)

Such a variety of different work, presented so well and in so many ways It's what I love about photography like this - no pretension, just honest, heartfelt "stuff". I did feel quite humbled to receive all of this. We really do have some talented folk on this forum.

Back