Project 52....by Kennysarmy + week 52 Texture

bang on theme well done.

Good on the theme and great B/W conversion, not your best work with the DOF but good all the same...(y)

That's a great shot...really like that, but the theme said Bubbles, not Bubble, so you'll have to re-shoot!! :LOL:

Out of context, have to agree about the windows, but it's still a good shot.

Bubble(s) very nicely done, perhaps would have liked to see the whole of the bubble, but it's only a minor niggle.

Mark

Water - great crown shot :) A boost in contrast might give it a little oomph but well really caught!

I like all the elements in out of context - the rogue trolley is nicely framed by them :)

Bubbles another great shot! Good idea well lit and well posed :)

And again apologies for the late catch up :)

Out of Context, doesn't do much for me, I'm afraid, but it's nothing wrong with the shot.

Bubbles - love it!

That's a cracking shot Jeff...well thought out and executed to a very high standard as usual...:clap::clap::clap:

What a lovely bubble shot - I had a look on your flickr and I like all of them but this is a definate winner. Great DOF and the focus is bang on the bubble (y)

Brilliant !!!!!!!

I loved the other shot that you put in "general photo sharing", but I can see why you picked this for your 52.
The other one was a fantastic portrait, but this one has more focus on the bubble - not an easy thing to get right.

Lovely colours and light on the surface of the bubble and yes I can spot mum (although I probably wouldn't have if you hadn't mentioned it)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
My favourite bubble shot so far this week (y)

Smashing shot and not an easy one either. Well done :clap::clap::clap:

Bubble - cracking!!!

Low Down: Hmm, I've heard about these tilt shifts, not seen many[one] this isn't too bad at all, certainly on theme, but maybe a smaller crop to erase a little bit of the top? I feel there's a [very teeny] amount too much.

(y)

Low Down - damn clever those shots - I must try them one day!

I think it works really well - a real model town effect

Cracking :clap:

(y) I wondered if we'd get any tilt shifts this week.
It's something I thought about attempting, but didn't manage to get out to find any suitable locations.

Well done!
It's worked really well. The trees in particular have that model look down perfectly.
You've picked a really good viewpoint to try the effect with and the end result is spot on :clap:

Was that done with a tilt shift lens or have you done it all in PP?

how would you achieve a shot like "low dow" ?

If you search for "tilt shift" on the forum, I'm sure you'll find lots of examples. I've seen quite a few recently. IIRC there was even one thread with a link to a site where you can just load a normal photo in and it'll convert it for you.

Low Down, love it you've got the feel just right!

Looks spot on to me Jeff.. well done and nicely processed (y)

I'm not really liking this as much as your other stuff...

It a nice bit of PP work but I've seen loads of these so it not anything original for me, and if nothing else you do come up with some fantastic original ideas.

So a good effort but your better than a play around with photoshot...

Sorry Jeff...:shake:

Time for a big catch up from me. :)

Out of context: Spot on for the theme and sadly, an all-too-common sight. But you saw the possibility of the shot and I like the feeling that the person who dumped the trolley made a feeble attempt to hide it. Well spotted.

Bubble: This has got to be my favourite of all the gorgeous bubble shots. It's an adverting agency's dream shot. :love: :clap::clap::clap:

btw - I wouldn't have spotted Mum if you hadn't mentioned her.

Low down: I obviously need to read up on 'tilt shifts'. I didn't know there was software for it and thought a tilt shift was an expensive, demanding lens. It does look like a model village, and is definitely Low Down. :)

Jean

Well, you couldn't drum up much more Doom and Gloom in one picture! Empty shop, taped up and boarded windows, wet and gloomy day, pedestrian crouching under an umbrella. Total misery.

...and slap bang in the middle of Gloucester city centre, which as most locals will tell you is about as doomy and gloomy as you can get!!! :LOL:

Cracking shot that - a great spot to fit the theme. Come on tell us, did you wait for the pedestrian, or do they stumble into shot by accident, because they really do set the shot off well...?!

...and slap bang in the middle of Gloucester city centre, which as most locals will tell you is about as doomy and gloomy as you can get!!! :LOL:

Cracking shot that - a great spot to fit the theme. Come on tell us, did you wait for the pedestrian, or do they stumble into shot by accident, because they really do set the shot off well...?!

OK I admit it...I'm a lurker.....

Low down...love these type of shots. Must try them sometime :clap:

Doom & Gloom ...I tried a sfew similar shots, but coudn't capture the mood. Well done and bang on theme

Spot on the theme, and excellent composition with the pedestrian in just the right place. Distinctly depressing - well done!

Back