Project 52....by Kennysarmy + week 52 Texture

Self, both shots... the pp is incredible I wouldn't know where to start, they are both very clever.:clap:

Organised..... I'm with you all the way on this, a horrible theme. You've got the shot, it's not your best but it fits the theme...lets all move on....oh god Confused!!!!!!!!:bang:

Mark:LOL:(y)

That new Self... that's just amazing... Superb bit of PP there Jeff (y)

Organised, it's on theme, and it works. Maybe not very inspiring, but after last weeks...

I agree with everything said above . well done :clap:

Now that is absolutely brilliant - both the idea and the execution. Very well done! :clap::clap::clap:

Top of your game again this week Jeff...:clap::clap::clap:

So bang on theme it hurts...:LOL:

Superb shot...(y)

Very good Jeff... spot on theme and very cleverly done. I never did manage to solve one...

I'm confused about how you've done that - two shots or a slow shutter speed?

It's a neat idea and has certainly caused Confusion for me. :D

... and I've just remebered how confusing Rubik's cubes were to solve!!! :razz:

Jean

One shot - flash - second curtain with 0.8 second exposure...took quite a few to get the effect I wanted.

Thanks for all the comments...nearly there !!!

you look busier than me :( - the shot works well though :D

and don't get me started on rubics cubes ive always hated them.

Self - That is an outstanding piece of work Jeff and Jean summed it up so well, my brain just flits from head to chest and back again knowing something is skewed :clap::clap::clap:

Organised - I too feel your pain. I think everyone has struggled with this one and it fits the theme so in that regard - mission accomplished :D

Confusion - Now that's more like it. I don't think I've found anything more confusing (or frustrating) as a Rubik cube. :clap::clap:

LOL:

'We're on the march with Kenny's army, we're all going to Wembley, and we really shake them up when we win the FA Cup, 'cos Liverpool are the greatest football team'...

Ahhhhhh I get it now! - that had completely passed me by :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Another brilliant shot for confusion. Good to see you back on form. Bang on theme and really well executed (y)

Wow what great detail (the large version is really worth a look) and what fine black and whites - that wood grain really stands out! I'm wondering if a sheet of music on the stand would have added something...but hindsight is easy :)

Nice shot! :D

Excellent image Jeff, lovely textures and tones, and very nicely processed.... I can't help thinking the same as John, that a sheet of music would set it off a treat though

Nicely done Jeff, and one of your finest to date...:clap::clap::clap:

Love the detail in the wood...brilliant...(y)

Yes the sheet music would have been the cherry on the cake, but it's still a lovely image for me...:love:

Very nice - I really like this composition with all the detail in the wood, and the BW processing suits it. Add some suitable dog-eared music and it would be perfect. Well done! :clap::clap:

Confusion.... if I never see another Rubiks cube... great shot well done(y)

Music - definitely worth viewing large, the detail is superb.

Music and pain are 2 fine shots in fairness. The toes are fading a bit to black, and are nearly lost. But that would be a most minor niggle.

Not much else I can say really but (y)

OUch! Though it would have been even more dramatic if you'd lowered you foot a bit more - after all you have to suffer for your art :D

Very nice lighting effect - well done! :clap::clap:

Eeeeek !!!!
That made me physically cringe :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Brilliant interpretation of the theme and very well executed.
I personally like the toes fading out to black - gives the feel of "just got up in the night . . . in for a nasty surprise!"

Thanks for sharing music in colour.
After seeing both I do prefer the conversion - shame there wasn't some better coloured glass in that bottom panel :(

Great idea for pain, fits the theme perfectly if you ask me. I think i would scream rather loudly if that was my foot. My only niggle with this shot is the toes fading into the darkness, i would have liked to see these exposed in the same light as the rest of the foot.
Apart from that the lighting is good and the detail in the rest of the foot is fine.

Well done Jeff... bang on theme... I like the dark mood to it.

Merry Christmas

Great idea and the lighting is spot on for me...:clap::clap::clap:

You really do come up with some fantastic shots for these 52s...(y)

Merry Christmas to you and the family

Sorry I've got behind with your shots, Jeff.

Music: What an fabulous old organ - fabulous grain and the HDR is nice and subtle. Definitely prefer the black and white version - but nice to see both. (y)

Pain: I thought I'd inflicted the most amount of Pain this week - but I've just seen yours. :eek::eek::eek: I must admit, I winced and didn't look too closely, but I like the lighting as it is, and saying it's 'bang on' theme sounds a bit too close for confort. Excellent shot!

Is your Health shot going to be the same foot with a sticky plaster? :LOL:

Very merry Christmas.

Jean

I like the lightling on this and it definitely says Pain to me :clap::clap:

Couple of compositional suggestions to consider: move the screw further to the left so it's not in the centre of the screen, or, exchange the screw for a Lego brick :eek:, cos as anyone who has kids can testify they hurt more than anything :D, or, alternatively, ignore what I've said altogether Jeff :LOL:

Merry Christmas

Cofusion...cracking shot! love it ;)

Music, I like the wood tones in this. Well done :clap:

Pain, Good take on the theme :clap:

Apologies for being so far behind...

Confusion - LOVE it! Clever idea and very well executed - just the right amount of movement. :clap:

Music - Great amount of detail - the grain of the wood really comes out. It's not your most inspiring or creative shot and I agree with John - adding some sheet music would have brought a bit of extra interest.

Pain - Another (y) from me. Yes the toes are merging into the black a bit but I don't think it is a big issue as the toes obviously aren't aren't the main focus.

Merry Christmas - hope you have great one (y)

Not liking this one as much as your other work, just seems a little flat next to some of your other 52s...:thinking:

But fits the theme...(y)

I like the idea and your lighting. However I wonder if you could have arranged the pieces differently to make it more interesting, e.g. by having them slightly further apart and more angled in the frame. I think I would have also tried turning the left piece a little to see some of its broken face as well.

Just my suggestion, though. It is a good shot and fits the theme well. (y)

I love the extreme close-up and it's an unusual (if obvious - why didn't I think of it?) interpretation. I think it's one that benefits from being viewed larger to get the full benefit of the detail in there.
The white on black works well and I like the little specks of powder around the tablet.

I'm not totally convinced by the composition though - something about the left hand piece just isn't quite right for me. Can't quite put my finger on what I'd change :thinking:

Well I love a close up and the lighting on yours is lovely. I really like the texture in the right hand bit but agree that the left hand sidt could be arranged in a more interesting position.

Simple and effective. good lighting and DoF. Does it for me!(y)

Back