weekly Pstewy's 2013 52 (week 2& 3 added)

Edit My Images
Yes
Well thought best give one of these a go, really hope I can complete it, I know it's not going to be easy but hope it brings my photography on,
Paul

Last edited:
Hi Paul

welcome to the madhouse of 52's :wave: Tis good fun , hard work but worth it in the end, we're a friendly bunch round these parts (y)

Hi, there, humorous take on the theme and good focus on the monitor.

I'd like to see a closer composition and the apple in focus. Also, I'd like to see the whole apple.

Cheers and it's week 2 soon!

Hi stewy

different idea but it works ,maybe a slightly wider view to bring in the bottom of the apple ,focus as per Andy's comments & possibly clone out the light strip at the base(monitor reflection ? ) Nicely exposed & a good BG...(y)

have to agree with everyone else it looks very unbalanced with everything being at the bottom should be a little space around it, but good thinking (y)

Not much i can add but good start and good luck with your 365.

Cheers I cropped it that close, more space and the apple looked like it was floating, its two shots and I lit the apple with the Ipad, but after seeing some of the images being produced going to have to pull my finger out.

Nice start :)

like your take on the theme.. shame the apple is slightly oof but it doesn't detract too much really.. great start on your 52 :)

that was one of the ideas I had - the falling apple....

Think its blurred just about as far as it could be without being unrecognisable, would some flash at the end of the exposure (rear curtain I think I've seen it called in my manual (not tried it myself)) have had the effect of freezing the final part of the fall, but leaving the blur from the earlier part??

ANyway top marks for timing and placement in the frame.

that was one of the ideas I had - the falling apple....

Think its blurred just about as far as it could be without being unrecognisable, would some flash at the end of the exposure (rear curtain I think I've seen it called in my manual (not tried it myself)) have had the effect of freezing the final part of the fall, but leaving the blur from the earlier part??

ANyway top marks for timing and placement in the frame.

Thanks for the quick reply didnt think of a bit of flash might try it again, been rushed but really want to keep this 52 up

Both good pics on theme the apple I agree with Graham about the flash not tried it either. both pics well composed

both shots well composed. as said, I'd add a rear sync flash to freeze the apple and give it more solid definition.

otherwise, well executed. it's also pretty much my fall-back idea.

Hi, well you're up-to-date :clap:

Season doesn't really do much for me, I have to say. It's on theme I guess but not that inspiring.

Gravity, yeah, on theme alright and nice ammount of motion blur. BG is a bit unevenly lit. Rear curtain sync, might just work.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of your 52.

Cheers.

I tip my hat to you sir, as you achieved what I couldn't.

Rear sink with falling objects is harder than it sounds - you need to balance the flash part of the picture with the streaky ambient part. I abandoned my effort (similar idea to yours) because I couldn't get it to look how I wanted.

Last edited:
Back